Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 2.6 - Radious version - (updated 26.8.2018)

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Default Re: [Official Submod] Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.8 - (Updated 16.9.2014)

Info:

Mod is fully compatible with todays new DLC - Wrath of Sparta and additional patch changes.

Units from the pack sofar werent included in new campaign factions due to totaly different time period and very different faction groups. I will disscuss this with team if we will add any units to this campaign.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Default Re: [Official Submod] Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.8 - (Updated 16.9.2014)

The other day after patch 16.1 I finally installed Radious Unit Pack 2- Rise of An Empire, but now the AUM mod recruitment of Helvettii Oatsworn Spearbrothers and other Auxiliary barracks recruitment like the longbowmen has disappeared. I even tried switching the load order, but it does not help. Does Unit pack 2 override AUM?

Thanks for any response you can give.

EDIT: Continued gameplay last night, and indeed, still never showed. Is there another requirement to be met, such as completing the reforms that give player legionairies instead of principes?

Further Edit: Continued playing with the load order finally got it working. What's funny is that I think I am back to original load order! Anyway, no worries.
    Last edited by AveCaesar; December 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: updated playing
    IBRR Fanatic

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Radious I have played WOS DLC and as soon as I hit custom battle button it crashed - so I just left it because i thought it was one of my mods that was causing the crash - i left it because the WOS campaign was working fine. Only today I thought I would have a go at sifting through my mods till i found the culprit - so I narrowed it down to this mod "Additional Units Mod" this mod was causing the crash for me.

I think that this mod is the cause, so when you have the time you might check it - unless it's me with mod conflict? other than that i can't think what else would cause this as when i disable this mod all is fine - so just thought i would point it out, i don't know if anyone else has had this problem? anyway cheers Radious awesome mods as usual
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Just checked it and it runs fine for me. CB menu crashes are related to too many nuits for any faction - when selected as AI = crash. Vanilla bug since game release, never fixed by CA. Can be caused by any unit pack when you reach the hidden limit.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.

Radious do you think that CA fix this problem with big unit roster ever???I used you mod with subs mods and other units mods ang game crashes evry times in big campein when other fraction make turns!I like fractions have many units,gust liket,and no one campain not can finish.Do you think that CA fix this f...in problem in the latest patch?Whay they do this?Wath is a problem in game fractions have big roster?I can"T UNDERSTAND???WATH A ???

Quote Originally Posted by toniiiii View Post
    Radious do you think that CA fix this problem with big unit roster ever???I used you mod with subs mods and other units mods ang game crashes evry times in big campein when other fraction make turns!I like fractions have many units,gust liket,and no one campain not can finish.Do you think that CA fix this f...in problem in the latest patch?Whay they do this?Wath is a problem in game fractions have big roster?I can"T UNDERSTAND???WATH A ???
    I dont think so they will ever fix it. I dont understand why it wasnt fixed months ago to be honest....

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Probably CA intended the "non finito" concept of Michelangelo in the wrong way ahi ahi ahi..bad unsolved bug despite of the fact that Radious (sometimes stalked 'til Death by me) reported this to them many times during past months.

Ok man!Wen CA give first playse to mod to Divide in empire he RONG!RADIOUS MOD IS THE BEAST EVER!!!Tanks for all team ho make this game interest!I weit new units DRAMA!And i not weid long!GIVIN TO ME BAYBY!OR I COME TO GET IT!!!:-)))))))Happy new year for all!Tanks agein,man!

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Just checked it and it runs fine for me. CB menu crashes are related to too many nuits for any faction - when selected as AI = crash. Vanilla bug since game release, never fixed by CA. Can be caused by any unit pack when you reach the hidden limit.
    Thanks for getting back to me - so any unit pack can cause this unit limit crash, to my knowledge all previous TW games are the same, always a limit, i mean there is nothing wrong with capping custom/extra units to keep game tidy and stable - but most of the time loads of extra units are needed to balance out each faction, so by the time the main factions are lavished with awesome extra units from awesome modders, the smaller factions get overlooked because of unit limits to the roster.

So i wish CA would leave just a little more room for custom units as serious players are not going to have 60 - 100 extra units for each faction, all we ask CA is to provide a little extra space for the modder to give a good range of units where needed.

I'll need to be careful in the future and watch how many units I have via packs I have all your unit packs but also a few little extra ones so i will probably finish WOS - DLC then delete the extra packs and just stick to yours/teams in future - great thank you! keep up the great work mate!!!
    Last edited by plissken3; January 03, 2015 at 02:07 PM.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.8 - (Updated 18.1.2015)

Mod Updated:

Final unit tweaking and balancing. Slightly larger differences between elite and regular units, mainly due to better equipment and weapons - Battle Mod or Complete Overhaul needed)
    Several bug fixes.

Enjoy.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.8 - (Updated 18.1.2015)

Thanks for update - since new update I can now play custom battles without crash - very strange

Thanks again mate!

Hello to all AUM-ROM players,

I'm back after my long disappearance because of health issues. Thanks a lot for all your feedback and nice words!

Today I released my AUM-ROM 1.9.

Huge thanks to my friend RADIOUS who kept my AUM-ROM alive and updated it to the new patches while I was away.

Huge thanks to my friend DRAMABELLI who kept the UPC-ROM project alive and for his newly created custom textures, screenshots and for beta-testing.

Thanks a lot to PLISSKEN3 for beta-testing.

Changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Huge thanks to my friend RADIOUS who kept my AUM-ROM alive and updated it to the new patches while I was away.

Huge thanks to my friend DRAMABELLI who kept the UPC-ROM project alive and for his newly created custom textures, screenshots and for beta-testing.

- improvements and balancing changes related to patch 16.1, "Emperor Edition" and all DLCs

- added new "buildings-to-units" relations to all custom units (thanks a lot to RADIOUS)
    All custom units are available if you start a new campaign
    All custom units are available in old save games from pre-patch 15

- added new custom chainmail and tunic textures for the Celtic Long Axe Warriors by DRAMABELLI

- added new custom chainmail textures for the Germanic Long Axe Warriors by DRAMABELLI

- added the "form_pike_square" ability to the Helvetii Oathsworn Spear Brothers

- removed the unit cap from all custom Helvetii units

- added the new vanilla "man_axe_shield" animation to the Celtic Axe Warriors and Germanic Axe Warriors

- optimised the unit heights visible in battle

- added all custom units to the "Imperator Augustus" campaign

- added all unlocked vanilla units to the "Imperator Augustus" campaign

- added these custom units to the DLC "Hannibal at the Gates" campaign
    Romans: Auxiliary Roman Slingers and Roman Archers (Sagitarii)
    Celtic/Gallic factions: Celtic Axe Warriors and Celtic Long Axe Warriors (Iberian factions can't recruit them)
    The Helvetii units are not added because the alps regions aren't accessible.
    The Germanic units are not added because they don't have a faction.

- none of my custom units have been added to the DLC "Wrath of Sparta" campaign because it's a different time-frame

- added these Roman vanilla units to these campaigns
    Grand Campaign / Caesar in Gaul / Hannibal at the Gates / Imperator Augustus

Auxiliary Infantry
    Auxiliary Cavalry

- included the very important "custom battle screen crash" fix (thanks a lot to RADIOUS and RYAN)

This crash was caused when you selected for AI any faction which has a roster so large that game couldn't handle it (only for AI and it caused a CTD). This is finally fixed and you can select for AI any faction you want without being afraid that your game will crash. This was unfortunately a known bug since October 2013. I discovered this issue while trying to unlock more vanilla units for the faction of Rome.

- added all 75 Roman Auxiliary units to the custom battle screen

Aux_Afr_Archers
    Aux_Afr_Cav
    Aux_Afr_Elephant
    Aux_Afr_Spr
    Aux_Ara_Camel_Archers
    Aux_Ara_Camel_Spear
    Aux_Ara_Cav
    Aux_Ara_Spr
    Aux_Bac_Hillmen
    Aux_Bac_Light_Horse
    Aux_Bri_Scout_Riders
    Aux_Bri_Slingers
    Aux_Bri_Spear_Band
    Aux_Cav
    Aux_Cel_Axe_Warriors
    Aux_Cel_Light_Horse
    Aux_Cel_Naked_Swords
    Aux_Cel_Short_Swords
    Aux_Cel_Skirm
    Aux_Cel_Warriors
    Aux_Dac_Bowmen
    Aux_Dac_Falxmen
    Aux_Dac_Skirm
    Aux_Dac_Spear_Horsemen
    Aux_Dac_Spears
    Aux_Eas_Cappadocian_Cav
    Aux_Eas_Hillmen
    Aux_Eas_Horse_Skirm
    Aux_Eas_Javelinmen
    Aux_Egy_Archers
    Aux_Egy_Infantry
    Aux_Gal_Gallic_Hunters
    Aux_Gal_Light_Horse
    Aux_Gal_Noble_Horse
    Aux_Gal_Warriors
    Aux_Ger_Longbow_Hunters
    Aux_Ger_Scout_Riders
    Aux_Ger_Spear_Brothers
    Aux_Gre_Citizen_Cav
    Aux_Gre_Cretan_Archers
    Aux_Gre_Hoplites
    Aux_Gre_Peltasts
    Aux_Gre_Rhodian_Slingers
    Aux_Gre_Tarantine_cav
    Aux_Ibe_Balearic_Slingers
    Aux_Ibe_Cantabrian_Cav
    Aux_Ibe_Cav
    Aux_Ibe_Scutarii
    Aux_Ibe_Scutarii_Cav
    Aux_Ibe_Slingers
    Aux_Ibe_Sword
    Aux_Ill_Cav
    Aux_Ill_Coastal_Levies
    Aux_Ill_Raiders
    Aux_Ind_War_Elephant
    Aux_Infantry
    Aux_Ita_Socii_Equites
    Aux_Ita_Socii_Equites_Extraordinarii
    Aux_Ita_Socii_Extraordinarii
    Aux_Ita_Socii_Hastati
    Aux_Num_Cav
    Aux_Num_Javelinmen
    Aux_Par_Horse_Archers
    Aux_Par_Spear
    Aux_Per_Archers
    Aux_Per_Cav
    Aux_Sar_Armour_Lancers
    Aux_Sar_Horse_Archers
    Aux_Sar_Lancers
    Aux_Scy_Armour_horse_Archers
    Aux_Scy_Horse_Archers
    Aux_Syrian_Archers
    Aux_Thr_Cav
    Aux_Thr_Peltasts
    Aux_Thr_Warriors

>>> Two new custom AUM-ROM units

> Antesignani

Unit creation and icon by SWISS HALBERDIER and two custom cuirass textures by DRAMABELLI

Light elite troops and vanguard of the legion. They fight out of the heavy infantry's battle-formation. 'Antesignani' means "those that precede the standard". They appear after the Marian reforms between the late II century and the beginning of the I century bc. During the march they protect column-formation as skilled explorers.

Campaign recruitment: Auxiliary buildings 3-4

Custom battle: Rome

Abilities: quick reload / rapid advance / hide in forest and scrub / loose formation

> Helvetii Solduros

Unit creation and icon by SWISS HALBERDIER and a custom chainmail and helmet texture by DRAMABELLI

The Solduros "Devoted Ones" are remarkably skilled and fearless elite guards of Celtic nobles. They pledge themselves to each other and their charge and fight to the very end. They are a remarkable elite and best used to combat enemy's elite soldiers or heavy troops. They are very well armored and armed and can surely break many enemies. They are very expensive and while their armour and shields are of good quality, they have no form of retaliation at range. They would be too slow to chase off skirmishers or missile troops and so they would need ranged or cavalry support.

Campaign recruitment:
    All celtic and germanic factions: bronze and iron buildings 2-4
    Romans: Auxiliary buildings 3-4

Recruitment "Grand campaign" and "Imperator Augustus" campaign:
    only recruitable in the province "Raetia et Noricum" (Auxilia_local_Raetia_et_Noricum)

Recruitment DLC "Caesar in Gaul" campaign:
    only recruitable in the "Celtic provinces" (CiG_Regional_Celtic)

Custom battle: Averni, Suebi, Helvetii, Rome

Abilities: shield wall / head hunt / hide in forest / cold resistant

- Information about the campaign recruitment of all three Helvetii units (vanilla and Radious version):

Helvetii Oathsworn Spearbrothers / Helvetii Longbow Hunters / Helvetii Solduros

> Normal campaign:
    Province "Raetia et Noricum" (Auxilia_local_Raetia_et_Noricum)

> DLC "Caesar in Gaul" campaign:
    Celtic regions (CiG_Regional_Celtic)

> DLC "Hannibal at the Gates" campaign:
    not available because the alps regions aren't accessible

> Imperator Augustus campaign:

> DLC "Wrath of Sparta" campaign:
    not available because it's a different time-frame

Cheers and enjoy AUM-ROM
    Swiss Halberdier

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello to all AUM-ROM players,

I'm back after my long disappearance because of health issues. Thanks a lot for all your feedback and nice words!

Today I released my AUM-ROM 1.9.

Thanks a lot to PLISSKEN3 for beta-testing.

changelog:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- improvements and balancing changes related to patch 16.1, "Emperor Edition" and all DLCs

- added new "buildings-to-units" relations to all custom units (thanks a lot to RADIOUS for his information)
    All custom units are available if you start a new campaign
    All custom units are available in old save games from pre-patch 15

- added new custom chainmail and tunic textures for the Celtic Long Axe Warriors by DRAMABELLI

- added new custom chainmail textures for the Germanic Long Axe Warriors by DRAMABELLI

- added the "form_pike_square" ability to the Helvetii Oathsworn Spear Brothers

- removed the unit cap from all custom Helvetii units

- added the new vanilla "man_axe_shield" animation to the Celtic Axe Warriors and Germanic Axe Warriors

- optimised the unit heights visible in battle

- added all custom units to the "Imperator Augustus" campaign

- added all unlocked vanilla units to the "Imperator Augustus" campaign

- added these custom units to the DLC "Hannibal at the Gates" campaign
    Romans: Auxiliary Roman Slingers and Roman Archers (Sagitarii)
    Celtic/Gallic factions: Celtic Axe Warriors and Celtic Long Axe Warriors (Iberian factions can't recruit them)
    The Helvetii units are not added because the alps regions aren't accessible.
    The Germanic units are not added because they don't have a faction.

- none of my custom units have been added to the DLC "Wrath of Sparta" campaign because it's a different time-frame

- added these Roman vanilla units to these campaigns
    Grand Campaign / Caesar in Gaul / Hannibal at the Gates / Imperator Augustus

Auxiliary Infantry
    Auxiliary Cavalry

- included the very important "custom battle screen crash" fix (thanks a lot to RADIOUS for his information)

This crash was caused when you selected for AI any faction which has a roster so large that game couldn't handle it (only for AI and it caused a CTD). This is finally fixed and you can select for AI any faction you want without being afraid that your game will crash. This was unfortunately a known bug since October 2013. I discovered this issue while trying to unlock more vanilla units for the faction of Rome.

- added all 75 Roman Auxiliary units to the custom battle screen

Aux_Afr_Archers
    Aux_Afr_Cav
    Aux_Afr_Elephant
    Aux_Afr_Spr
    Aux_Ara_Camel_Archers
    Aux_Ara_Camel_Spear
    Aux_Ara_Cav
    Aux_Ara_Spr
    Aux_Bac_Hillmen
    Aux_Bac_Light_Horse
    Aux_Bri_Scout_Riders
    Aux_Bri_Slingers
    Aux_Bri_Spear_Band
    Aux_Cav
    Aux_Cel_Axe_Warriors
    Aux_Cel_Light_Horse
    Aux_Cel_Naked_Swords
    Aux_Cel_Short_Swords
    Aux_Cel_Skirm
    Aux_Cel_Warriors
    Aux_Dac_Bowmen
    Aux_Dac_Falxmen
    Aux_Dac_Skirm
    Aux_Dac_Spear_Horsemen
    Aux_Dac_Spears
    Aux_Eas_Cappadocian_Cav
    Aux_Eas_Hillmen
    Aux_Eas_Horse_Skirm
    Aux_Eas_Javelinmen
    Aux_Egy_Archers
    Aux_Egy_Infantry
    Aux_Gal_Gallic_Hunters
    Aux_Gal_Light_Horse
    Aux_Gal_Noble_Horse
    Aux_Gal_Warriors
    Aux_Ger_Longbow_Hunters
    Aux_Ger_Scout_Riders
    Aux_Ger_Spear_Brothers
    Aux_Gre_Citizen_Cav
    Aux_Gre_Cretan_Archers
    Aux_Gre_Hoplites
    Aux_Gre_Peltasts
    Aux_Gre_Rhodian_Slingers
    Aux_Gre_Tarantine_cav
    Aux_Ibe_Balearic_Slingers
    Aux_Ibe_Cantabrian_Cav
    Aux_Ibe_Cav
    Aux_Ibe_Scutarii
    Aux_Ibe_Scutarii_Cav
    Aux_Ibe_Slingers
    Aux_Ibe_Sword
    Aux_Ill_Cav
    Aux_Ill_Coastal_Levies
    Aux_Ill_Raiders
    Aux_Ind_War_Elephant
    Aux_Infantry
    Aux_Ita_Socii_Equites
    Aux_Ita_Socii_Equites_Extraordinarii
    Aux_Ita_Socii_Extraordinarii
    Aux_Ita_Socii_Hastati
    Aux_Num_Cav
    Aux_Num_Javelinmen
    Aux_Par_Horse_Archers
    Aux_Par_Spear
    Aux_Per_Archers
    Aux_Per_Cav
    Aux_Sar_Armour_Lancers
    Aux_Sar_Horse_Archers
    Aux_Sar_Lancers
    Aux_Scy_Armour_horse_Archers
    Aux_Scy_Horse_Archers
    Aux_Syrian_Archers
    Aux_Thr_Cav
    Aux_Thr_Peltasts
    Aux_Thr_Warriors

>>> Two new custom AUM-ROM units

> Antesignani

Unit creation and icon by SWISS HALBERDIER and two custom cuirass textures by DRAMABELLI

Light elite troops and vanguard of the legion. They fight out of the heavy infantry's battle-formation. 'Antesignani' means "those that precede the standard". They appear after the Marian reforms between the late II century and the beginning of the I century bc. During the march they protect column-formation as skilled explorers.

Campaign recruitment: Auxiliary buildings 3-4

Custom battle: Rome

Abilities: quick reload / rapid advance / hide in forest and scrub / loose formation

> Helvetii Solduros

Unit creation and icon by SWISS HALBERDIER and a custom chainmail and helmet texture by DRAMABELLI

The Solduros "Devoted Ones" are remarkably skilled and fearless elite guards of Celtic nobles. They pledge themselves to each other and their charge and fight to the very end. They are a remarkable elite and best used to combat enemy's elite soldiers or heavy troops. They are very well armored and armed and can surely break many enemies. They are very expensive and while their armour and shields are of good quality, they have no form of retaliation at range. They would be too slow to chase off skirmishers or missile troops and so they would need ranged or cavalry support.

Campaign recruitment:
    All celtic and germanic factions: bronze and iron buildings 2-4
    Romans: Auxiliary buildings 3-4

Recruitment "Grand campaign" and "Imperator Augustus" campaign:
    only recruitable in the province "Raetia et Noricum" (Auxilia_local_Raetia_et_Noricum)

Recruitment DLC "Caesar in Gaul" campaign:
    only recruitable in the "Celtic provinces" (CiG_Regional_Celtic)

Custom battle: Averni, Suebi, Helvetii, Rome

Abilities: shield wall / head hunt / hide in forest / cold resistant

- Information about the campaign recruitment of all three Helvetii units (vanilla and Radious version):

Helvetii Oathsworn Spearbrothers / Helvetii Longbow Hunters / Helvetii Solduros

> Normal campaign:

> DLC "Caesar in Gaul" campaign:
    Celtic regions (CiG_Regional_Celtic)

> DLC "Hannibal" campaign:
    not available because the alps regions aren't accessible

> Imperator Augustus campaign:

> DLC "Wrath of Sparta" campaign:
    not available because it's a different time-frame

Please download the Mod from the Mediafire-Link on my first post. The STEAM-Workshop update will be available in one hour.

Cheers and enjoy AUM-ROM
    Swiss Halberdier

THANK YOU Swiss I am glad that you are recovering and feeling well enough to be modding & back on TWC (a lot of people have missed you - me included) I look forward to all you can produce on TWC - I am Honoured that you have included me in you team credits, just for testing you're latest mod - I look forward to testing & helping out wherever I can. I thank you for being part of you're great team

Default Re: [Official Submod] Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.9 - (Updated 7.2.2015)

Excelent update as always my friend. Very good job and very pleased to see you back!

Default Re: [Official Submod] Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.9 - (Updated 7.2.2015)

Hi Swiss halberdier.
    When I updated the version the other day I noticed the roman unit "Antesignani" I saw that now they have 200 men in 1 units instead of the 160men units I had in my armies already.
    intentionally or accident?
    I only have Radious's mods so don't worry about me having mod conflicts.

Thank you for still supporting total war modding Swiss H. you are a part of the "old guard" now

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

This was a modification I made when sending back to Swiss the pack time ago after the introduction of the new armours. It was an early stage and my purpose was almost to show him wy armour and have his opinion. I usually modify all packs I use adding 200 to all missile units. This was never changed so I thought Swiss approved this number of men. In my campaign it works perfectly.

Maybe in vanilla campaign and Radious one they're too much? In this case I would suggest a number of 160 instead of the usual 120 of the normal missile units. This because I would suggest to intend them as something a little bit more than an unit similar to Velites. They were scouting troop, vanguard. Men you can also send into melee as support infantry when needed (this is the use I'm doing now against marcomanni and Dacians).

Yea okay I made a mistake in saying that it was 160 men per unit before latest update my apologies.
    they were only 120 of course.

well about if 200 is too much I don't really know. I could imaging though that they are an advantage in auto resolve because of medium melee stat and 40 more men that standard melee units.

I will get to test them in battle in the next couple of days.

twp127: Thanks a lot for your bug find and nice words. This was my fault and I will fix the unit size of course.

The unit size depends on how you set the unit size in the Game/Graphics options. If it is set to "Ultra" then the units have 160 men.

There will be 3 new awesome custom textures included in AUM-ROM 2.0 by DramaBelli soon.

Yes the Swiss "Old Guard" will update the older AUM and UPC mods too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast