Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 2.6 - Radious version - (updated 26.8.2018)

Default Re: Submod for Radious Total War Mod - Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.3 - updated 12.10.13

Brilliant now i dont have to use my own .pack to have loose on my roman archers!
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Default Re: Submod for Radious Total War Mod - Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.3 - updated 12.10.13

is this mod compatible with todays big patch, im worried if i continue my campaign that its gonna crash cuz i recruited some of these units. Any news Swiss?

rob-a-dogg: Thanks a lot and nice to see an old AUM-Darthmod veteran here too.

theroc44: I was busy updating the UPC-ROM to patch 5 until now.

AUM-ROM 1.3 can be played with patch 5, but I will release an optimized version soon.

You can use the new official Mod Manager in the launcher menu to activate aum_rom_mod.pack.

swiss u da man, you know i still love the AUM-SHO, its my fav of all your packs. I played today before Rome was patched.

Default Re: Submod for Radious Total War Mod - Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.4 - updated 19.10.13

theroc44: Thanks a lot and AUM-SHO 2.5 will be released this weekend.

Hello AUM-ROM players,

AUM-ROM 1.4 has been released:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- improvements and small balancing changes related to patch 5
    - you can use the new official Mod Manager to activate aum_rom_mod_van.pack or aum_rom_mod_rad.pack
    - it's not longer required to copy the unit icons into the UI folder as this got fixed in patch 5.

You can delete all AUM-ROM icons and mask files in these folders:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war rome 2\data\UI\units\icons
    aum_aux_roman_slingers.png
    aum_helvetii_longbow_hunters.png
    aum_helvetii_oathsworn_spear_brothers.png

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\total war rome 2\data\UI\units\mask
    aum_aux_roman_slingers_mask_1.png
    aum_helvetii_longbow_hunters_mask_1.png
    aum_helvetii_oathsworn_spear_brothers_mask_1.png

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Submod for Radious Total War Mod - Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.4 - updated 19.10.13

Great to see you back modding mate, and working with Radious mods is also a good thing

ToonTotalWar: Thanks a lot my old modding mate and I sent you a pm.

AUM-ROM on Steam Workshop:

Steam Workshop automatically downloads the latest version to your Rome 2 data folder if you subscribe to AUM-ROM.

- subscribe to one version
    - open the launcher and click on the Mod Manager button
    - click on the checkbox to activate AUM-ROM
    - click on play

Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) - vanilla version

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187018302

Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) - Radious version

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=187018395

Hey Swiss is it better to install the mod manually or do it through steams mod manager???

sgugod: All uploaded versions are the same. The new way via Steam Workshop is a good way to receive always the latest version and you don't have to install it manually. If I update AUM-ROM, then it gets distributed automatically to all subscribers of the related version on Steam Workshop. Just run the launcher and Mod Manager and checkbox AUM-ROM.

It's possible to customize AUM-ROM with the Pack File Manager if subscribed on Workshop. If I release a new version, then your modified aum_rom_mod_*.pack gets overwritten.

The UPC-ROM can't be loaded on Workshop because there are only "Mod" packs allowed.

very nice just updated thru steam thanks Swiss

theroc44: Thanks and yes this new way of installation is very comfortable.

As you all know I'm working besides AUM-ROM and UPC-ROM on the releases of my AUM-EMP, AUM-NAP and AUM-SHO.

I released AUM-SHO 2.5. I updated the first post here with all important information about the new version.

Huge thanks to my good friend Radious who kept my AUM-SHO units alive in his Radious Units Mod.

Thanks a lot to DramaBelli for his awesome screenshots!

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Submod for Radious Total War Mod - Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.5 - updated 21.10.13

Hello AUM-ROM players,

AUM-ROM 1.5 has been released:

- balancing changes related to the RADIOUS full overhaul version
    - changes in the "recruitment priorities" of the AI in both versions

The download section on Mediafire and the Steam Workshop has been updated.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Submod for Radious Total War Mod - Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.5 - updated 21.10.13

Brilliant mod

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PARONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

yep! this last incoming update is like an edict

Default Re: Submod for Radious Total War Mod - Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.6 - updated 26.10.13

Thanks DramaBelli and your screenshots are awesome like always. :-)

Hello AUM-ROM players,

AUM-ROM 1.6 has been released:

> Auxiliary Sagitarii (Roman Archers)

Campaign Recruitment:
    Auxiliary buildings 2-4

Custom battle:
    Rome

Abilities:
    quick reload / rapid advance / flaming arrows / hide in forest and scrub / loose formation

Thanks a lot to DramaBelli for his awesome screenshots made with GEM and Pdguru's armor re-textures.

> Information for AUM-ROM Radious players:

"Roman Archers" and "Auxiliary Sagitarii" are both available.

Radious created an archer unit and here are the differences to mine:

The "Roman Archers" made by Radious are the late/elite version:
    - steppe recurve bows / precision shot / signal arrows
    - available at higher military and city major buildings
    - higher stats, costs and upkeep

My "Auxiliary Sagitarii" are the early/regular version:
    - normal bows / flaming arrows
    - available at AUX buildings 2-4
    - lower stats, costs and upkeep

- updated the icon of the Helvetii Longbow Hunters
    - added new logo for the Steam Workshop and thread. Thanks a lot to Gerula666 for creating the new logo and banner.
    - increased the "General aura radius" from 75 to 100 (new if you play the vanilla version / Radious mods use this per default)

- all Roman ships added to the custom battle screen

Rom_Ballista_Five
    Rom_Hastati_Two_Fire_Pots
    Rom_Hastati_Two
    Rom_Leves_One_Halfer
    Rom_Leves_Three_Scorpio
    Rom_Leves_Three
    Rom_Leves_Two_Halfer
    Rom_Onager_Five
    Rom_Principes_Four (Admiral)
    Rom_Triarii_Six_Lft_Aft (Admiral)
    Rom_Triarii_Six
    Rom_Velites_Five
    Rom_Evocati_Six
    Rom_Evocati_Six_Lft_Aft (Admiral)
    Rom_Legionaries_Four (Admiral)
    Rom_Legionaries_Two
    Rom_Legionaries_Two_Fire_Pots
    Rom_Legionary_Cohort_Four (Admiral)
    Rom_Legionary_Cohort_Two
    Rom_Legionary_Cohort_Two_Fire_Pots
    Rom_Vet_Legionaries_Lft_Aft (Admiral)
    Rom_Vet_Legionaries_Six (Admiral)

- added these Steppe vanilla units to the custom battle screen and the campaign

Steppe Archers
    Steppe Spear Warriors
    Steppe Tribesmen
    Steppe Young Axes

The Royal Scyths, Roxolani and Massagetae can recruit them in the custom battle screen and the campaign.

You need the "Nomadic Tribes" DLC that you can play these factions.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: Submod for Radious Total War Mod - Additional Units Mod - Rome (AUM-ROM) 1.6 - updated 26.10.13

Would be good for some more blatant visual differentiation between the two archer units, all i can see that is different is the bow and helmets which are subtle unless you are up close.

Maybe some of the Sagitarii have no chain armor or helmets (i.e. 1 in 4 are missing something). Will make them look a bit more like the lower tier auxiliary unit compared to the uniformed 'elite' Roman Archers, and from a distance the extra colored tinge from the unarmored men's tunics should make it easy to ID each unit from a distance.

Good to see you still at the AUM helm Swiss!
    ----------------------

rob-a-dogg: Thanks and yes the visual differences are the bows and the helmets. They wear the same helmets as the normal "Auxiliary Infantry" with spears.

Basically there are two types of Roman chainmail
    . Probably you remember the issue with the "Roman Archers" from Radious as they looked like "ghosts" from far. We found out that only one of these two chainmails works with custom archers. I know what you mean with i.e. 25% tunica and 75% chainmail. The problem is that the quiver for the arrows is not in the right position if they wear tunicas or other chainmails. Here is a screenshot.

Here is the link to my AUM-ROM vanilla thread in the "Battle Map Modifications" section. Please ask questions or report any issues regarding the AUM-ROM vanilla version in the AUM-ROM vanilla thread.

Hmm that does look quite gross. Is it possible to use a different quiver? or is the quiver linked to the bow? I think the egyptian auxiliary (e- checked and they dont even have a quicker *facepalm*) have a thinner strap since their quilted chest armor doesn't have the big shoulders. Oh well this is better then the ghosty issue thats for sure.

e- would you consider increasing their weight class since they are in chainmail? Looks like they are much more heavily equipped then most other missile troops. Currently very light, medium or light would suit better especially if it makes them a bit more clumsy to move around vs the elites.
    Last edited by rob-a-dogg; October 27, 2013 at 06:57 PM.
    ----------------------

rob-a-dogg: Yes another quiver is possible, but it wouldn't fit on the used chainmail texture. If I put two different quivers into it i.e. one fitting the tunica style and one fitting the chainmail style, the game chooses randomly one of the quivers and assigns them to either tunica or chainmail. Some of the soldiers would look good and get the right quiver/clothing visual appearance, but some would look weird as the assignment is random.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast