Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Roots of Japan" Unit Pack 1.4b

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: "Roots of Japan" Unit Pack 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    And the Gold version (allthough I don't have it) ? Why should it miss any file ?
    Yep, gold version have ROTS and the mod should work with him.

And a very little update:
    Version 1.4b:
    - Fixed a "invisible hand" bug of hiraizumi generals.
    - Removed scabbard from junsatsushis and shimazu's daimyo.

Default Re: "Roots of Japan" Unit Pack 1.4b

awww man, i soooo want these on the sengoku campaign - just the units though, cuz i use the 83+ clans mod which changes startpos (obviously) ;]

Hola Frodo. Quería preguntarte, este mod carga solo? lo he colocado donde pongo los mods y simplemente no hay ningún cambio ... gracias

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Weierstrass View Post
    Hola Frodo. Quería preguntarte, este mod carga solo? lo he colocado donde pongo los mods y simplemente no hay ningún cambio ... gracias
    nop, lo activas en el mod manager.

ive played alot of mods and this is probably one of my favorites. Thanks alot man, makes this so much more enjoyable. Is this still being worked on?

I really like this mod, a lot, but I'm concerned about the low unit numbers of a units. The Minamoto samurai are undeniably superior, stat-wise, but they have 33% fewer men per unit than a comparable unit of samurai from another faction. This number disparity works in the favor of units and generals because these units have two hitpoints, whereas most units have one, but the foot samurai, yamabushi, and so forth don't have that advantage. Mind you, I haven't actually tested it in this mod specifically, but it's a pattern I've noticed in other mods, where creators create more badass units with fewer numbers only to accidentally make the opposite effect.

If you're still paying attention to the thread, could you comment on this?

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by HisRotundity View Post
    I really like this mod, a lot, but I'm concerned about the low unit numbers of a units. The Minamoto samurai are undeniably superior, stat-wise, but they have 33% fewer men per unit than a comparable unit of samurai from another faction. This number disparity works in the favor of units and generals because these units have two hitpoints, whereas most units have one, but the foot samurai, yamabushi, and so forth don't have that advantage. Mind you, I haven't actually tested it in this mod specifically, but it's a pattern I've noticed in other mods, where creators create more badass units with fewer numbers only to accidentally make the opposite effect.

If you're still paying attention to the thread, could you comment on this?
    If, with hitpoints, you mean man health, check it again, because all units in the game have 1, and the units of this mod have 1. About numbers, check it too, because the minamoto samurai have the same number than other samurai.

You're correct, I made a mistake. Relative to the vanilla game, Minamoto samurai have the same number as other samurai. However, it seems as though Darthmod, which is what I was using, boosted the number of vanilla samurai units, leaving the Minamoto samurai units underperforming.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by HisRotundity View Post
    You're correct, I made a mistake. Relative to the vanilla game, Minamoto samurai have the same number as other samurai. However, it seems as though Darthmod, which is what I was using, boosted the number of vanilla samurai units, leaving the Minamoto samurai units underperforming.
    Nop again, in darthmod the units are adapted to darthmod standards, and have the same number than normal samurai from darthmod.

Hmm. I know I used the Darthmod version, so perhaps there was some conflict with another mod I was using. I'm glad to know, at least, that my version was just bugged rather than there being an intentional reduction in unit-size, though.

can i have srceenshot

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

Icon6 Re: "Roots of Japan" Unit Pack 1.4b

I match icon for Rots unit so i made new icon for roots of Japan mods so it don't like icon art for Sengoku Jidai period art icons

Fixed 3 Icon For root of Japan , Include all "icons", "icons_square" , "info" , "recruitment_large", "recruitment_small" and encyclopedia "icons" and "large"

1- Bow Kaizoku
    2- Katana Kaizoku
    3- Naginata AttendantHero
    Attached Files Attached Files

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

3rd

A huge congratulations to the "Roots of Japan" Unit Pack team! Your mod came third place in the Total War: Shogun 2 Most Popular Unit Pack and Stats Mod category of the 2013 Modding Awards.

Please feel free to quote this post and display the above medal in your OP, sigs etc. if you wish. If you would like to see all the winners of the Modding Awards please view this thread.

Once again a big congratz!

On behalf of the 2013 Modding Award organisers,
    Shankbot de Bodemloze
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

I have a question, this unir pack change the size of the units too?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12