Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Greek Police arrests Far-right leader and 4 MPs. 33 Golden dawn members more to follow.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Greek Police arrests Far-right leader and 4 MPs. 33 Golden dawn members more to follow.

Greek Police arrested the Leader of Golden Dawn and 4 MPs of the party. 38 warrants have been issued in total. The accusation for the leader is leading (obviously) a criminal organization.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24314319

This is an unprecedented event. Either the Police is acting on solid data or the Government is taking an immense risk.

More later, I guess.

P.S.

I am aware that there is another thread discussing the aftermath of the assassination of P. Fyssas. I think that we are beyond the scope of that thread, feel free to close it, if you think so.

Default Re: Greek Police arrests Far-right leader and 4 MPs. 33 Golden dawn members more to follow.

they better have a rock solid case for this move.

Default Re: Greek Police arrests Far-right leader and 4 MPs. 33 Golden dawn members more to follow.

Greece's Golden Dawn leader Nikos Mihaloliakos arrested

It seems the tipical communist actions of the neo communists(left,right,center parties) is starting to work.

Only good can come from this trough,because the people will see how the neo communists eliminate the non-ZOG controlled adversaries.

I can only hope,there is a God out there,because if there is,he shurley is nationalist (cause communists are atheists get it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Andreius Pretorianus View Post

Greece's Golden Dawn leader Nikos Mihaloliakos arrested

It seems the tipical communist actions of the neo communists(left,right,center parties) is starting to work.

Only good can come from this trough,because the people will see how the neo communists eliminate the non-ZOG controlled adversaries.

I can only hope,there is a God out there,because if there is,he shurley is nationalist (cause communists are atheists get it?)
    What is ZOG?

Comes Domesticorum

Very risky move. I hope that there was solid evidence which led the police to this, considering how unprecedented this is in Greek history.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by Crucesignatus View Post
    Very risky move. I hope that there was solid evidence which led the police to this, considering how unprecedented this is in Greek history.
    There was solid ground and legal context long before, what was missing was the political will and probably the weight of the recent events.

For warrants to get issued, legally speaking there must be really solid and documented reasons.

Law is democracy's defence against nazism

http://www.enetenglish.gr/?i=news.en.home&id=1504

As reported by the local media, evidence that the MPs are involved in unlawful activity arises from information – including from recordings of telephone conversations made by hundreds of Golden Dawn officials – provided by the National Intelligence Service (EYP) to deputy Supreme Court prosecutor Haralambos Vourliotis, who was handed 32 case files of incidents involving Golden Dawn members of the party earlier this week.

Some of these recordings were made shortly before the murder of Pavlos Flyssas, Eleftherotypia reported on Thursday. According to the daily, the transcript of the recordings could show that the murderer received an order to assassinate Fyssas, and the source of the order may have been a Golden Dawn MP.
    The information also contains evidence of links between Golden Dawn officials and underworld and criminal figures.

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w...09/2013_520660

In Greek
    http://www.skai.gr/news/greece/artic...hrusis-augisd/

There are charges of 5 homicides, a bombing attack and various other crimes that construct the allegations for criminal organization.
    Last edited by neoptolemos; September 28, 2013 at 03:23 AM.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    What is ZOG?
    Conspiracy theory insanity: More accurately Zionist Occupational Government. The belief that Jews some how rule the world the only thing standing against them is the neo-nazi movement, that somehow Jews control every western government.

Anti-semetic bull .

Comes Domesticorum

Well, that's what the disturbing thing about this story is: it seems that the arrest, no matter how warranted and no matter how long the evidence has been there, is now tied to political events, which will give ammunition to all those who will want to defend Golden Dawn.

Arresting people because of their political views is almost always wrong, but arresting people for breaking the law is almost always good. I hope the case is good enough to convince people who will undoubtedly be weary of current developments.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Well, that's what the disturbing thing about this story is: it seems that the arrest, no matter how warranted and no matter how long the evidence has been there, is now tied to political events, which will give ammunition to all those who will want to defend Golden Dawn.

Arresting people because of their political views is almost always wrong, but arresting people for breaking the law is almost always good. I hope the case is good enough to convince people who will undoubtedly be weary of current developments.
    They are charged for breaking the common law, they are not politically prosecuted and anyone who will rush to argue about it will simply ignore it.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

So the country where democracy was born is now arresting members of a legitimate party because they can't stand their policies (most likely the case). The loony Left gets worse and worse.
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

The Great Montrose's Avatar Senator

I knew you'd be in here to defend golden dawn Aethelwulf, the Police have finally acted and well done to them for that. Lets hope theres plenty of solid evidence to get these guys done.
    the dream will never die

Robert Wishart, Bishop of Glasgow, 'the kingdom of Scotland is not held in tribute or homage to anyone save God alone.' - 1290.

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I knew you'd be in here to defend golden dawn Aethelwulf, the Police have finally acted and well done to them for that.
    Acted on what!? Arrested because a number of people don't like/ don't want to hear their views and instead want to keep their thick heads buried in the sand about the future of Europe!? There's me thinking you were one for democracy, looks like I was mistaken.
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

so let me get this straight.

A guy kills another,after a football match.The killer,is member of a so called extreme right party,while the murdered one is from an extreme left one.

And for what some guy did,you go and arrest the leadership of the political party he was a merley member of,and try to ban it...I wonder ,if it was the other way around,would have the KKE/any other party leadership be arrested?Or this is just for GD?

I strongly believe,the greek people will rise against this communist infringement of the law,and bring down the ZOG machine in Greece,and then in all of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf Winterfylleth View Post
    So the country where democracy was born is now arresting members of a legitimate party because they can't stand their policies (most likely the case). The loony Left gets worse and worse.
    That must be the "loony right". Greek government is ultra-conservative and includes at least one far-right minister. The GD leadership is prosecuted for murders and other crimes of the common criminal law. That said, it is the same government that permitted to this gang to go that far and it cannot but cross my mind that they saw a golden chance of recovering conservative voters who strolled out of the reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreius Pretorianus View Post
    so let me get this straight.

A guy kills another,after a football match.The killer,is member of a so called extreme right party,while the murdered one is from an extreme left one.
    The assassination occurred also after heavy rain. Would you consider the rain responsible?

But I forgot, it's the Zionists again.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    That must be the "loony right". Greek government is ultra-conservative and includes at least one far-right minister. The GD leadership is prosecuted for murders and other crimes of the common criminal law. That said, it is the same government that permitted to this gang to go that far and it cannot but cross my mind that they saw a golden chance of recovering conservative voters who strolled out of the reservation.

The assassination occurred also after heavy rain. Would you consider the rain responsible?

But I forgot, it's the Zionists again.

No dear,the killing was done by a ultras against another ultras.And even if it was ideological,the party who englobes and represents thousands cannot be held responsable.

Anyway stop replying just to some of my comments,and reply to my full ones.

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

A European state, arresting politicians and declaring their party criminal, is somewhat shocking in 2013. It is likely to ramp up the political tensions in Greece even further and will do nothing but increase support for this party who will now be seen as persecuted by a Government which is deeply unpopular by many sections of Greek population. This and what is going on in Egypt against the Muslim Brotherhood should be strongly condemned by Europe's politicians, as it will do nothing but breed extremism, which always happen when you attempt to shut groups out of the democratic process. You might hate everything someone says but when you attempt to stop them saying it, you loose the argument.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Our democracy has entered a dangerous road... People who favor democracy should stand in alarm and be ready to defend if there's any sign it's being abolished.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

Holy... they either have some serious evidence to back these claims and are also determined to go through with it to the end, or this is going to backfire so very bad... I mean the Golden Dawn is just a bubble, solve the issues society is facing and it will burst, its not like people turned fascist all of a sudden. On the other hand, keep poking the fire and you might get burnt.

Comes Domesticorum

I think this would ramp up tensions only if Golden Dawn was a widely supported party, which it's not.

Alastor's Avatar Vicarius

I think this would ramp up tensions only if Golden Dawn was a widely supported party, which it's not.
    Well truth be told the media did a very good job in alienating the Golden Dawn from the people lately. Making them feel guilty for voting them and all that, sth that by the way I find questionable, not that I like GD, but this tactic just stinks to me. Anyway, we'll see if that was enough.

Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast