Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.4 (patch 16)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.4 (patch 7 beta + Meaningful Resources)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Meaningful Resources adds some new resource types and makes some of the already-present resources more important. It really completes what CA seemed to want to do but didn't get around to with the resource system. For example, purple dye existed in the files but was unused/bugged in vanilla.

The changes to Carthage diplomacy are mainly for when you aren't playing as Carthage. The idea was to keep them alive for long enough to actually have a Punic War at some point. I can change the values, or maybe release a version that doesn't have those changes. I could offer it as an optional mod instead.
    Oh I see...That's fine...
    About the diplomatic changes etc you are probably right about you don't play with Carthage but as you can understand it's too easy when you play as Carthage to exploit that bonus...
    Please do the different versions indeed...
    Cheers...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM.

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.3 (updated Nov 10 2013)

@jedi7000nathan I am not sure what the mod specifically changes, but it would probably be difficult to integrate the two (assuming that mod edits the startpos).
    Here is a link to the thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...acuse-Expanded the author is Rewinged if you need to get more info assuming you do make a version compatable with Qart Hadast i hope you make one for Hegemonia too

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.4 (patch 7 beta + Meaningful Resources)

Update:
    - Separated the Carthage Improved Diplomacy Submod out of the main mod. It is now optional instead. Use this submod only if you are NOT playing as Carthage. It should prevent the African and Spanish tribes from tearing Carthage apart so early in the game.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Update:
    - Separated the Carthage Improved Diplomacy Submod out of the main mod. It is now optional instead. Use this submod only if you are NOT playing as Carthage. It should prevent the African and Spanish tribes from tearing Carthage apart so early in the game.
    That was quicker than expected...
    Many thanks...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 16, 2013 at 01:23 AM.

skimyy's Avatar Civis

Keep in mind.. the meaningful resource is NOT save compatible.

This ruined my Carthage campaign as Copper/Iron resources are not showing up on the campaign map, so you cannot advance on your Military buildings.

I did not update to beta 7, and this mod crashes my game for some reason.

Are you going to release the mod without meaningful resources? Can I roll back to 3.3 somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by skimyy View Post
    Keep in mind.. the meaningful resource is NOT save compatible.

This ruined my Carthage campaign as Copper/Iron resources are not showing up on the campaign map, so you cannot advance on your Military buildings.
    That's good to know...
    Thanks mate...

This mod has been updated to patch 7 beta, it won't work with patch 6. If you want to start a new campaign with Qart-Hadast but are still using patch 6, then you can use one of these startpos files: Qart-Hadast Patch 6. Or, you can subscribe to the patch 6 version on Steam Workshop.

If you are already in a game, then there is no reason to update the mod until you start a new campaign. This mod mainly just affects the startpos, which only affects the very start of a campaign. If you already have a save game going, and Meaningful resources is causing an issue, simply stop using the mod. You should still retain the changed territories in your save.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 16, 2013 at 03:35 PM.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Could be me, but i think that this mod provoke a early Roman civil war.

That is really odd if so, I haven't edited anything to do with Rome.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That is really odd if so, I haven't edited anything to do with Rome.
    I delete all your mod,and its not the mod,the civil war remains . Thats funny because after I update my mod with this one and TTT the civil war starts in 2 turns,then I start a new campaign and it happens in 20 turn. So I remove my mod and load the saved game previous to the Civil war turn,and no civil war for 2 turns,then i load my mod again and in the next turn the civil war starts.Is haunted.

skimyy's Avatar Civis

Is there anything in this mod that touches Religious buildings?

I cannot seem to upgrade to Tier 4 religious buildings in province capitals.

Disabling this mod made it work.

Might have something to do with Meaningful resources, I will check it out.

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

If it is at all possible I really encourage that you continue to update this separately from your major factions modification, like you have been doing. I am willing to give Carthage more territory, but I hesitate in giving Rome or the other factions more territory.

So anyway, thanks!

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

11/22/2013
    Small update that cleaned up some tables and added a New Campaign image that represents the extent of Carthage's starting holdings.

@Audacia I will continue to update this mod, Hegemonia, and Seleukeia for users who prefer the various options.

Content Emeritus

Does the two turns per year mod that this comes with also alter research times and build times?

Roma Surrectum II

@Audacia No the 2TPY part is just turns per year. For other options with turns per year you can here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?624360

Content Emeritus

@Audacia No the 2TPY part is just turns per year. For other options with turns per year you can here - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?624360
    Yes but in that thread you say that those packs are not compatible with the Carthage mod, no?

Roma Surrectum II

Quote Originally Posted by Audacia View Post
    Yes but in that thread you say that those packs are not compatible with the Carthage mod, no?
    Apologies. The startpos change itself is not compatible with this mod (the actual tpy change). All other changes (build time, research time, etc.) are compatible. If you choose the tpy version of this mod you like, you can then use that with the other mods that affect various aspects of the campaign.