Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.4 (patch 16)

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.3 (updated Nov 10 2013)

The mod I linked, you have to manually confederate them if you are playing as Carthage. If you are not playing as Carthage, they will not confederate. That is why I made the new version, so the AI would get the new territory.

If you are trying to play as someone other than Carthage, then unfortunately this mod will not be compatible with the Meaningful Resources mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

ok well thanks for your time.

I was wondering if it's possible for a faction to start with more armies that it would normally have or would this cause issues if the general was killed in battle? If only CA had thought about either introducing man a supply/manpower feature (like the E:TW APE:TI has or by setting it to something like 1+ extras based on controlling major and minor settlements and who regions etx
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Yes, you can add starting armies (you have to add a starting character as well).

Here is a tutorial: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Campaign-Map

So that means Carthage can exceed the 3 armies limit if they start with more?

Have you experimented with only slightly expanding Carthage? Giving it all Nova's African Territories plus Thapsus while giving Qart-Hadast to Nova allowing them concentrate in Spain, while Carthage can concentrate in Africa?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Right now, manual region trading is problematic when you are doing it on a large scale. So, this mod uses confederations. The downside of that - it is all or nothing with factions.

I could possibly experiment with more fine tune trading, but like I said it caused some stability issues with other mods. Another option is to just confederate Libya and let NC take care of Spain.

I've not had a change to follow Carthage's fall properly and only really get to see a small part of it. In my last campaign Syracuse kicked them out of Magna Graecia and then took Carthage before Lybia kicked them out of Africa. But themselves got bogged down in Sicila and lost All their African settlements. Carthage got absorbed in to a conferation with Nova but it didn't last long after that as the 3 other African faction ganged up on them. Perhaps the answer isn't 'boosting' carthage but needing the factions which take them down. Cathage/Libya/Nova have 9 armies to defend 11 regions while the 3 other African factions they contest with have 9 factions to defend 4 regions. .
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

baloghdaniel's Avatar Libertus
    Land of the free, home of the armchair warriors.

So I'm a bit confused..

Does the latest version automatically give the AI Carthage Libya's and NC's territories? Or does it allow merely to confederate? And if it does, will he AI form confederations?

In the new version, Carthage starts with Libya and NC's territories (for both AI and player).

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Dresden what's the manual trading issue about???
    I'm not aware of this subject I'm afraid...

Also if I use your latest version (loaded before Radious specific mods) along with R. Campaign and R. AI, the conflicts with the specific tables will affect only Carthage or every other change of Radious..
    Will both mods work as intended???

Cheers...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 14, 2013 at 07:57 PM.

I only made changes in the diplomatic tables to affect Carthage, but I am not sure what else he specifically changes. Both mods should work properly, a few values may be different than with Radious alone.

The manual trading issue is a different method for making the mod that I tried out. Instead of using confederations, I went into the startpos and actually moved region ownership. It is really complicated and takes forever. It also ended up being less stable, so I scrapped it.

You think you can make a Syracuse expanded compatible version?

@jedi7000nathan I am not sure what the mod specifically changes, but it would probably be difficult to integrate the two (assuming that mod edits the startpos).
    Last edited by Dresden; November 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I only made changes in the diplomatic tables to affect Carthage, but I am not sure what else he specifically changes. Both mods should work properly, a few values may be different than with Radious alone.

The manual trading issue is a different method for making the mod that I tried out. Instead of using confederations, I went into the startpos and actually moved region ownership. It is really complicated and takes forever. It also ended up being less stable, so I scrapped it.
    Good to know...
    Thanks mate...

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Any incompatibility with patch 7? By the way,is possible to advance a couple of years in the startpos? I mean advance to the second Punic war placing a Carthaginian army crossing the alps ,or else.

I doubt this is compatible with patch 7, since it is a heavy startpos edit. I am working on a new one.

It may be possible to do a Punic Wars scenario, it would be a lot of work though.

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.4 (patch 7 beta + Meaningful Resources)

Update 3.4
    - Patch 7 beta compatible.
    - Combined with Xil0's Meaningful Resources mod. Big thanks to him for letting me combine the mods!

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.4 (patch 7 beta + Meaningful Resources)

Update 3.4
    - Combined with Xil0's Meaningful Resources mod. Big thanks to him for letting me combine the mods!
    Hey Dresden...
    Tested the previous version and I have to say that maybe you want to reduce the bonuses you have given to Carthage in relation with African Nations just a little, cause now everyone around Africa wants to be my Client State...and Spanish people like me a lot...
    Other than that mod works great...
    But could you please give us a version for patch 7 beta without the Meaningful Resources mod??? cause I'm not sure about it's use and other people will feel the same and would like a choice I suppose...

Cheers and thanks for your quick update...

Update 3.4

Nice. I'm glad you two could make this happen, you both do great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Hey Dresden...
    Tested the previous version and I have to say that maybe you want to reduce the bonuses you have given to Carthage in relation with African Nations just a little, cause now everyone around Africa wants to be my Client State...and Spanish people like me a lot...
    Other than that mod works great...
    But could you please give us a version for patch 7 beta without the Meaningful Resources mod??? cause I'm not sure about it's use and other people will feel the same and would like a choice I suppose...

Cheers and thanks for your quick update...
    Meaningful Resources adds some new resource types and makes some of the already-present resources more important. It really completes what CA seemed to want to do but didn't get around to with the resource system. For example, purple dye existed in the files but was unused/bugged in vanilla.

The changes to Carthage diplomacy are mainly for when you aren't playing as Carthage. The idea was to keep them alive for long enough to actually have a Punic War at some point. I can change the values, or maybe release a version that doesn't have those changes. I could offer it as an optional mod instead.