Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.4 (patch 16)

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v2.1 (Carthage Now Starts with Full Territory for AI and Player, Multiple Territory Options Added 10/22/13)

Added an optional version that incorporates my Seleucid mod so that both factions have their entire starting territories.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v2.2 (Updated 10/24/13)

v2.2:
    Modified Full version, Carthage+NC version and Seleukeia+Qart-Hadast version so that Carthage doesn't start at war with Turdetani. Also moved Southern Spanish army into the city.
    Added optional mod that takes away the bonus income from the African desert factions (and some other minor factions).

What does itpy, 2tpy and 4tpy mean exactly? one player, two player, four player?
    Basil II Emperor of Byzantium, Bulgar Slayer

Hellbent's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    What does itpy, 2tpy and 4tpy mean exactly? one player, two player, four player?
    TPY = turns per year.

Basically, it would take 2 turns for the year to change from 272 BC to 271 BC, for instance.

This helps prolong characters' life spans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbent View Post
    TPY = turns per year.

Basically, it would take 2 turns for the year to change from 272 BC to 271 BC, for instance.

This helps prolong characters' life spans.
    Ahh ok thanks for the help. I extracted the file into the data/campaign/main_rome for the 4 turn per year but when I start the game it doesn't have Libya and NC under Carthage control. Am I doing something wrong?
    Basil II Emperor of Byzantium, Bulgar Slayer

@Leonida You need to choose one of the startpos.esf files (either 1tpy, 2tpy or 4tpy). Put that in your main_rome folder. Make sure to backup the original startpos.esf first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @Leonida You need to choose one of the startpos.esf files (either 1tpy, 2tpy or 4tpy). Put that in your main_rome folder. Make sure to backup the original startpos.esf first.
    I have done exactly that, i.e. I placed the CL 2tpy startpos.esf file in the main_rome folder. Carthage did not receive Libya when starting the game. The game has vanilla settings.

Are you running any other mods? I just tested it and I had Libya to start.

The only Mod I use is Radius_total_war_mod.pack

Unless you load this mod first, it won't work with Radious. He has a startpos in his pack that overrides this one. Or delete the startpos in his pack.

Such a shame, Carthage still gets destroyed 9 out of 10 times in campaign in spite of your great work, Dresden! Did anyone have better luck with this?

The only thing I can think is to force some of the african tribes to be client states with Carthage, and maybe even some of the Spanish tribes?

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.0 (new version using manual region trading 11/1/2013)

Version 3.0
    - Used new method to make the mod with manual region trading.
    - Fixed first turn garrisons missing.
    - Fixed Chapter Missions not working.
    - Nova Carthago and Libya armies present at start (but won't last long).
    - Weird intra-faction Carthage trade route I can't seem to get rid of for now (shouldn't cause any issues, if it does let me know). I have tried to delete all the trade route managers governing this but it still displays, so I left it as is.

Future ideas:
    -Getting rid of NC/Libya's starting armies.
    -Fixing the weird trade route between Carthage and Gadir.
    -Increasing positive diplomatic attitudes between African tribes and Carthage, and Spanish tribes and Carthage (possibly make Carthage last longer).
    -Adding more starting armies eventually (if that is possible).
    Last edited by Dresden; October 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Default Re: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.0 (new version using manual region trading 11/1/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Version 3.0
    - Used new method to make the mod with manual region trading.
    - Fixed first turn garrisons missing.
    - Fixed Chapter Missions not working.
    - Nova Carthago and Libya armies present at start (but won't last long).
    - Weird intra-faction Carthage trade route I can't seem to get rid of for now (shouldn't cause any issues, if it does let me know). I have tried to delete all the trade route managers governing this but it still displays, so I left it as is.

Future ideas:
    -Getting rid of NC/Libya's starting armies.
    -Fixing the weird trade route between Carthage and Gadir.
    -Increasing positive diplomatic attitudes between African tribes and Carthage, and Spanish tribes and Carthage (possibly make Carthage last longer).
    -Adding more starting armies eventually (if that is possible).

Sounds great and promising!!

Added Optional mod that makes Carthage friendlier with Spanish/African tribes.
    Updated Seleukeia+Qart-Hadast mod using new region trading.

Oh GReat You fixed it finally!! Are you going to add the fix for the Chapter objectives to the other mods too
    Last edited by jedi7000nathan; November 01, 2013 at 05:03 PM.

Yes, I already got Seleucids fixed. Hegemonia will be next (should only take me a day or so hopefully, without any unforeseen errors).

good news been waiting for that problem to be fixed

Dresden if u r doing hegemonia pehpas u will expadnd Parthia (whole starting province) and Macedon (whole thracia) too?

Historically neither Macedon nor Parthia had conquered those lands the point in history the game takes place