Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.4 (patch 16)

Default Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded v3.4 (patch 16)

This mod gives Libya and Nova Carthago's territory to Carthage.
    It is available on Steam Workshop also.

Mod Downloads:

Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded 1TPY
    Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded 2TPY
    Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded 4TPY

Other Versions

Hegemonia: Large Empires Mod - Carthage, Rome, Egypt and the Seleucids all expanded.

Other Changes:
    - Removes the income bonus of minor factions.
    - Sets the army limit for very small AI factions to 2.

Installation Instructions

1. Download your choice of the above mods.
    2. Place the .pack file in your Rome2/data directory and run the Mod Manager. Make sure the mod is checked green.

Older versions of the Mod

These older versions allowed Carthage to confederate for the player:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patch 6 compatible startpos files: Qart-Hadast Patch 6 (put one of these in your Rome2/data/campaigns/main_rome/ folder, make sure to backup your original startpos).
    Version 2:
    Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded Libya+NC+Carthage - Gives Libya and Nova Carthago to Carthage for both player and AI. Includes 1tpy, 2tpy and 4tpy versions.

Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded Libya+Carthage - This version gives Libya to Carthage. Includes 1tpy, 2tpy and 4tpy versions.

Qart-Hadast: Carthage Fully Expanded Nova Carthago+Carthage - This version gives Nova Carthago to Carthage. Includes 1tpy, 2tpy and 4tpy versions.

Version 1:
    Qart-Hadast Mod Pack

Qart-Hadast Movie Pack - simply drop this into your data folder.
    Qart-Hadast Radious Mod Pack - with permission from Radious, this version uses his diplomatic values. Choose this version if you use Radious' mod (requires Mod Manager, see Mod Compatibility below).

Mod Compatibility:

Not save game compatible. If you already have a save game running with a prior version of this mod, simply don't use the mod until you start a new game.

This mod is compatible with any mods that do not edit the startpos file. It will not work with other turn per year mods or the all faction playable mod. It appears Radious also edits the startpos so this mod is not compatible with Radious unless this mod loads first.

Notes:
    • Thanks to many modders for helping to figure this out. Special thanks to Styrry, Caki and Spmon.
    • Garrisons will be correct after first turn.
    • Chapter Missions work properly now.

Update Notes
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    v1.1:
    Fixed the problem of not being able to confederate with Nova Carthago without doing Libya first.
    Added an optional version that uses Radious' diplomatic values. Use that version if you use his overall mod.
    v1.2:
    Altered some values to better work with patch 4.
    v2.0:
    Finally figured out how to give the regions to Carthage. Now, the player and AI will start with all the regions.
    v2.1:
    Optional version that just gives Libya to Carthage.
    10/22/13
    Optional version that just gives Nova Carthago to Carthage.
    10/23/13
    Version that combines this mod with my Seleucid mod to give both factions their full starting territories.
    v2.2:
    Modified Full version, Carthage+NC version and Seleukeia+Qart-Hadast version so that Carthage doesn't start at war with Turdetani. Also moved Southern Spanish army into the city.
    Added optional mod that takes away the bonus income from the African desert factions.
    Version 3.0
    - Used new method to make the mod with manual region trading.
    - Fixed first turn garrisons missing.
    - Fixed Chapter Missions not working.
    - Nova Carthago and Libya armies present at start (but won't last long).
    - Weird intra-faction Carthage trade route I can't seem to get rid of for now (shouldn't cause any issues, if it does let me know).
    Version 3.1
    - Libya and Nova Carthago's armies will disappear on the second turn.
    - Garrisons will now be properly under Carthage's control and replenish after the second turn.
    - Updated Seleukeia+Qart-Hadast mod and Carthage Libya Only Mod.
    Version 3.2
    - Due to various stability issues, I went back to using the confederation method rather than manual region trading.
    - Chapter Missions fixed (they work).
    - More starting armies for Carthage (that can be upgraded without bugs).
    - More starting money for Carthage.
    Update 3.3
    - Improved Carthage's diplomatic relations with Spain/Africa (to make them last longer when AI).
    - Reduced Barcid diplomatic faction penalty.
    - Altered the aggressiveness of various factions.
    Update 3.4
    - Patch 7 beta compatible.
    - Combined with Xil0's Meaningful Resources mod. Big thanks to him for letting me combine the mods!
    11/15/2013
    - Separated the Carthage Improved Diplomacy Submod out of the main mod. It is now optional instead.
    11/22/2013
    Small update that cleaned up some tables and added a New Campaign image that represents the extent of Carthage's starting holdings.
    12/17
    Patch 8 compatible
    Last edited by Dresden; April 09, 2019 at 01:49 PM.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Qart-Hadast (Carthage) Fully Expanded

comptiable with radious mod?

This mod should be compatible with Radious' mods. I will update my main post.

I am working on editing the startpos.esf file to make it so that Carthage and Libya/Nova Carthago don't start as client states. I am hoping that by doing this, the AI may immediately make a confederation when they have the opportunity (could be a pipe dream).

So far I have changed the values under each faction so that they start as neutral. I am editing the DIPLOMACY_MANAGER/DIPLOMACY_RELATIONSHIPS for all 3 factions under the FACTION_ARRAY/FACTION table. However, there must be other values governing starting diplomatic status because it is currently causing an issue. On the initial diplomacy screen on the first turn, it shows the client state icon next to their name. However, as Carthage when I initiate diplomacy with Libya it doesn't show Libya as a client state and there is no option to cancel client state status. Also, I can't ask them to Join Confederation either. I am trying to figure out what else might govern the initial diplomatic relationships.
    Last edited by Dresden; September 27, 2013 at 07:33 PM.

Very cool! Looking forward to it!

Also I agree that all regions may be overpowered, I recommend at least those regions for Carthage (maybe the res/Iberian regions t to Nova C?): http://goo.gl/HZ1MWu

This should also solve AI problems.

Great!! you solved a major game problem in a very brillinant way.....at last for the human player that plays as Carthage +rep

@Igor85 Yeah all the regions is definitely too much, but I figured the player can choose if he/she wants to either try starting with Libya or Nova Carthago's lands (or both, but like I said that's a bit much). The side effect is that you will have great relations with whichever client state you choose to keep as a client (which makes sense to me, you can trade etc).

@Bucle_CT I am still trying to figure out a way to force the AI to take advantage of this, but I am not sure it is possible. Hopefully at some point someone will figure out how to change around the starting regions and this will be an unnecessary mod.

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post

Using the Mod:

All you have to do is cancel your client state status with Libya and/or Nova Carthago, then ask them to Join Confederation. Taking both factions over is probably overkill, but I leave that to the player's discretion.

For some reason this is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by The Germans are coming View Post
    For some reason this is not working.
    I just tested it again, and it works for me. Are you using any other mods? I can check for compatibility issues if you are.

@Igor85 Yeah all the regions is definitely too much, but I figured the player can choose if he/she wants to either try starting with Libya or Nova Carthago's lands (or both, but like I said that's a bit much). The side effect is that you will have great relations with whichever client state you choose to keep as a client (which makes sense to me, you can trade etc).

@Bucle_CT I am still trying to figure out a way to force the AI to take advantage of this, but I am not sure it is possible. Hopefully at some point someone will figure out how to change around the starting regions and this will be an unnecessary mod.
    I like it. this mod provides what we human players like most: options. We can play carthage like vanilla, or we can confed one of our vassals, or both of our vassals. I love those options.

As to the necessity of this mod, I disagree. This mod will always have a place for us Carthage players, for the above mentioned options. Also, it already is possible to change starting regions. I did it myself less than an hour ago and it works fine. Gave lilybaeum to Rome (I like not warring with rome. For some reason, no matter what faction I play, I always want to see Rome survive and be my ally. If I play as Rome, I want the same for Carthage. Giving Rome Lilybaeum helps to keep my punic culture and their latin culture out of my lands, greatly reducing instability in magna gracia and thus making rome stronger for the inevitable roughly turn 100 wars between rome and a random celtic minor that has swallowed up many of rome's neighbouring regions).

Personally i dont think Nova Carthago should be there and vanilla Carthage should take all of those regions, im fine with Libya just as a buffer and so that Carthage doesnt start out with large region (i like 1 or 2 region factions and to spread out from there)
    opinions
    looks good tho, i hope you figure out the AI, at least to force it to do it to one or the other every game would be nice, give the power house that is Carthage at the time some actual power
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

111289's Avatar Civis

Just some feedback.

Since the game came out I have not once played Carthage, it was not my favorite but not my least favorite either. But because is was so severely underpowered and restricted in expanding I did not play it... Until NOW.. I'm having a lot of fun. The way Carthage was meant to be played.

@Fewrfreyut, @11289 Thanks for the positive feedback. Let me know if you run into any issues.

@Killergold88 I agree, it really should just be Libya. But, I figured I would give each player the option just in case they wanted something different. I am trying to work on getting the AI to do it, but not luck so far.

umm... so in my current macedon campaign, nova carthago just tribal confederated carthage :S

Quote Originally Posted by Fewrfreyut View Post
    umm... so in my current macedon campaign, nova carthago just tribal confederated carthage :S
    I was afraid of that. It looks like this mod is only useful for playing as Carthage right now.

I was afraid of that. It looks like this mod is only useful for playing as Carthage right now.
    I don't quite think it's a terrible issue. At the worst, it doesn't change the already short life expectancy of ai carthage, but it does create some interesting scenarios. At the best, Carthage or one of its vassals does become quite a powerful ai faction.

@Fewrfeyut: hey at least its united Carthage, they have basically the same unit roster, difference is Nova is red Carthage is white hahahaha
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

Quote Originally Posted by Killergold88 View Post
    @Fewrfeyut: hey at least its united Carthage, they have basically the same unit roster, difference is Nova is red Carthage is white hahahaha
    haha exactly. As long as one of the Punic factions becomes a dominant power.

Dresden, just tested this - works like a charm! Thank you so much now I can reenact the Punic wars in all splendor!

Quote Originally Posted by Fewrfreyut View Post
    I don't quite think it's a terrible issue. At the worst, it doesn't change the already short life expectancy of ai carthage, but it does create some interesting scenarios. At the best, Carthage or one of its vassals does become quite a powerful ai faction.
    That's a great point. As long as one of the AI Carthage faction's dominates, I can't complain. I would still like to figure out how to make Carthage confederate, however.

Great solution to the underpowered Carthage issue Dresden. +rep
    I'l test it with the Play All Factions mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ted-23-9-2013) and let you know how it works out.

Tested it: no dice..or only partial dice.

Carthago Nova & Libya show up with "same blood" moniker. But when on either turn 1 or 2 dissolved satrap treaty; then asked for confederation, odds were "low", and both refused
    Positive feature is that confederation is still theoretically possible down the road if Carthage grows powerful and they weak..
    Last edited by Hieronymos; September 29, 2013 at 03:45 PM.

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast