Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: BullGod Unit Icons Project v.0.48 (updated 6/Apr/2014)

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons project (v.0.10)

and we also need some artillery!! could be common for all factions

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

For the Britons, many of the units could just be copies of the Celtic units (levy freemen already work), so if i just copied a unit card and named it, eg. oathsworn renamed to heroic nobles (obviously the correct type ie. rom_heroic_nobles or whatever). Will that work or do you have to edit the .pack?
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

@smoesville
    hard to tell, game works weird in that regard. The best bet would be to make those icons and add them to pack as well. Just remember to make a copy of mask files too.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Cool, i just wanted to have nicer unit cards while you continue doing the other units

MaxMazi's Avatar Back in the game!

I say again, beautiful work Bump first page.
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

Just one quick question to anyone who might know:
    There are icons for celtic units such as: chosen spear, chosen swords, sword followers and veteran spears. I can't find them anywhere in game. Not even in db tables (or maybe I wasn't thorough enough in my search). Does anyone know anything about them?

same thing with british celts. Painted raiders, spear champions and sword champions.
    Last edited by BullGod; October 08, 2013 at 04:15 PM.

Holy these are so cute.

I really love these unit cards. Thank you for making them and sharing with us.

Comes Limitis

Absolute talent. I would love to play these. Waiting till its rounded up.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Will you be making cards for Radious' new units? I'm really loving these so far. Not only are they visually appealing, but I find them more practical in trying to tell units apart.

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    There are icons for celtic units such as: chosen spear, chosen swords, sword followers and veteran spears. I can't find them anywhere in game. Not even in db tables (or maybe I wasn't thorough enough in my search). Does anyone know anything about them?

same thing with british celts. Painted raiders, spear champions and sword champions.
    I'll have a look when i get home and see if i can help you find them.

MaxMazi's Avatar Back in the game!

This icons are found in data_rome2.pack. There is a total number of 52 units in there aside the ones in data.pack

With my mod i was required to make 2 pack files after i finished also the ones in data_rome2.pack, because they are in different packs. With mod manger i don't know what you are supposed to do.

Good luck.
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMazi View Post
    This icons are found in data_rome2.pack. There is a total number of 52 units in there aside the ones in data.pack

With my mod i was required to make 2 pack files after i finished also the ones in data_rome2.pack, because they are in different packs. With mod manger i don't know what you are supposed to do.

Good luck.
    That just sounds like a rather retarded way of managing the files... CA really knows how to make 'em.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I am looking forward for the finall pack!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

only one word: great job my friend!
    Last edited by LouisAquila; October 09, 2013 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisAquila View Post
    only one word: great job my friend!
    But that's four words...

I've found the icons,but I don't know if there are any units for them, since I can't find those. I can't even find stats for them. Maybe those are some leftovers not included in the game, or icons for future unit DLC's?

Maybe that's why my pack version crashed? Maybe it was supposed to be in 2 pack files too? I must check it out. Thank you.

There's something weird in the way this engine works. Judging by the game, I would say that someone stole it from programming team in the middle of the night, not letting them finish it and releasing it.

@vaporsnake
    I'm making vanilla icons first.

@smoesville
    If you'll not find them, then I'll simply ignore those icons.

Judging by the game, I would say that someone stole it from programming team in the middle of the night, not letting them finish it and releasing it.
    People who do that are normally called 'publishers' I'll probably be able to tell you which Briton units are in game when i see the unit icons since i've almost exclusively played as them.

PS
    I had a look and i couldn't find mention of the units with icons in the second .pack anywhere either. I also know that the screaming women aren't in the game and there aren't anything called 'cel_chosen_spear' because the Celtic level three spears are called something else and only the Britons have chosen bands called that.

Having said that i did notice that the bri_spear_band are in the second .pack and they do exist in game, it's very odd and confusing especially since there is an icon in the data.pack called the same but it's the wrong one. I haven't really been that helpful, it seems that some in the second pack are used while others are not.
    Last edited by smoesville; October 09, 2013 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    I had a look and i couldn't find mention of the units with icons in the second .pack anywhere either. I also know that the screaming women aren't in the game and there aren't anything called 'cel_chosen_spear' because the Celtic level three spears are called something else and only the Britons have chosen bands called that.

Having said that i did notice that the bri_spear_band are in the second .pack and they do exist in game, it's very odd and confusing especially since there is an icon in the data.pack called the same but it's the wrong one. I haven't really been that helpful, it seems that some in the second pack are used while others are not.
    I've unpacked icons from both files at the beginning, so no surprise there. I guess those icons I've mentioned are unused after all, so that's a little bit less work for me

I'm working on britons and rest of the celts now. I'm going to post update when I finish them.

Civis

I've unpacked icons from both files at the beginning, so no surprise there. I guess those icons I've mentioned are unused after all, so that's a little bit less work for me

I'm working on britons and rest of the celts now. I'm going to post update when I finish them.
    bullgod, love this mod. i was going to do a hellenistic or eastern faction campaign next, but die i'm going to stay in western Europe just so i can see these all the time. you've made my Suebi playthrough even better, and i loved the concept of the vanilla unit cards. Cheers! i'd buy you a beer if i could!
    TRIPTYCK
    'Carthago delenda est.'