Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: BullGod Unit Icons Project v.0.48 (updated 6/Apr/2014)

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons project (v.0.08)

These are fantastic! I *love* that they're hand-drawn, rather than screenshots! This is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping someone would make.

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons project (v.0.09)

Quote Originally Posted by Krasnaļa Zvezda View Post
    A question about the Roman auxiliaries :

You did the balearic slingers (which I thank you for it), but what about the other auxiliaries ? Will they use the card of their original counterpart (easy way to add them) or will you make all of them (long way) ?
    I'm making UI cards. I don't plan to change any db tables to make more (or less) cards. It just supposed to be visual mod. So if there are auxilaries using native unit icon, then it will be like that. I'm just kind of chaotic in making those cards, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Beorix View Post
    Hello bullgod
    i've seen that Artstudio asked you for a UI package for his mod ,but where to find it ?
    it's not integrated in its mod ,though , i've tried and your work don't appear yet ,only vanilla cards messed up with its textures..
    BTW, Some celtic units, as well as "artillery" are still missing.
    i know it's a huge work to rework all these cards ,but playing without your splendid cards is no more possible now that i've tried !
    About Artstudio mod. He asked me for permission to use my icons and I agreed. What you saw in his thread is what he did with my icons. I'm not responsible for that
    And yes, I know there are missing icons. I'm doing one step at a time (It's just those steps are all over the place), so be patient

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy in a Box View Post
    Oh my goodness. These are absolutely beautiful! I wish I could your ass and give you a reach around for this!
    Errm... I really hope you can't ;P

Ok. I've updated the file with about 2/3 of Iberian icons. Most of iberian infantry (some nobles and guerilla are left) is done. No cavalry yet.

The orange is faction color.

Also, I've changed triarii
    From this to this
    I think it's much better (I'm kind of afraid that at some point I'll be making everything all over again...)

here's download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/9j...bined_v009.zip
    and I hope you like it.
    Last edited by BullGod; October 05, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

good job

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    Ok. I've updated the file with about 2/3 of Iberian icons. Most of iberian infantry (some nobles and guerilla are left) is done. No cavalry yet.

The orange is faction color.

Also, I've changed triarii
    From this to this
    I think it's much better (I'm kind of afraid that at some point I'll be making everything all over again...)

And I hope you like it.

Your inspiration is really good ! keep up the good work !

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
    Δεῖμος καὶ Φόβος

the best icons

Civis

Absolutely incredible work BullGod, just stunning. Keep it up!

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

WOW - These are AWESOME!!! absolutely fantastic +REP - I do like the vanilla cards but they can be confusing at times. You sir have made my day - following with eagerness THANK YOU
    Last edited by plissken3; October 07, 2013 at 02:44 PM.
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

These unit cards are great. Would be awesome to see what you could do with the building icons.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

many thanks

I don't think vanilla icons were as bad as people usually say on the forums but yours look outstanding, indeed.
    This work reminds me the illustrations on the old SPQR counter sheets (GMT games). This is exactly the kind of icons I was searching for.

Just a question, though : is it intend that the icons align on a single row rather than a double one when fighting a large battle (21+ units) ?

I can't wait for Greek factions icons.

Keep up the good work !
    Qual ten la lenga, ten la clau que de sas cadenas lo desliura.

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    These unit cards are great. Would be awesome to see what you could do with the building icons.
    I have no real intention to make building icons. Vanilla ones are perfect in my opinion. Informative and nice looking. I know what is what at a glance. Besides them, there are 3D representations of buildings on campaign map, so there's everything one might need i think.
    Unit icons are different thing altogether. There are no units on campaign map for you to look at (except for general of course), so everything you know about your army (or enemy's), how you imagine it, is based on what you see on unit cards. That's why I think it's much more important and that's why I like to see little pixel soldiers lined together, even if I think vanilla has it's charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellicose View Post
    Just a question, though : is it intend that the icons align on a single row rather than a double one when fighting a large battle (21+ units) ?
    I don't know. Probably, but it has nothing to do with my mod, it's how the game works. Unit cards tend to get "squeezed" f.ex with more units (depending on screen resolution I would guess)

Please make icons for roman auxiliary units such as "auxiliary cretan archers".

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Hello Bullgod
    Can we expect an update of your mod soon ?
    I hope you will complete the missing units of the already made factions before beginning others
    It' s a shame that this topic is going down in the depths of the forum, so it's also a little UP to your great work !

Brilliant Work!!! Can't wait to see all of them finished!! You rock

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

BullGod, have to say this again, this is amazing work, love it. Will rep a bit more once I can, have to throw it around a bit first.

Do you know if it is possible to change the "info" pics what you get by right-clicking? I assume they come online (?) since it is like a browser with a bit loading and all, but could it use local files?

i love this mod *___________________* i hope this is done for ALL UNITS i really hated and still do their Unit cards since shogun 2 and rome 2 :/
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Wooow! Great!
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons project (v.0.10)

Hi,
    Update with little bit more Iberians.

the 4th guy in 2nd row, looking like butcher, is guerilla fighter if anyone asks

There's also some changes to already made units (mostly small fixes to spear units), most notable being change in peltast pose:

I think the idea that all units will be based on the same pose wasn't working that well after all.

there is also new celtic bowmen unit card. That's all that's new this time (I think).
    You can check first post for updated faction rooster pictures, although not all units are there this time.

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/fk...ined_v010b.zip
    Last edited by BullGod; October 07, 2013 at 08:35 PM.

Man..your unit icons are really awesome.
    I would like to use them for my iberian mod.

If you just could create a ambakaro unit icon...heheheh

I have your permission ??

EDIT: Ando some Celtiberian Lanceatii??...

Need auxiliary cretan archers and sparta unit and i I will be very happy.please,please thank