Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: BullGod Unit Icons Project v.0.48 (updated 6/Apr/2014)

MaxMazi's Avatar Back in the game!

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons project (v.0.08)

Beautiful updates m8!

Have again my rep!

EDIT: have to spread rep.
    Last edited by MaxMazi; October 04, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Proud son of Louis Lux
    My Gallery / My workshop

If you interested in making even more fantastic Unit Cards. Radious releases Packs adding new and unique Units for the major factions:

1. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-28-9-2013%29

2. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...013-Updated%29

It would be awesome when you could make them besides the vanilla units of the major factions, since those new units are very well made and are an awesome addition to the lacking variety of some factions =)

genius

I keep checking the thread a couple of times every day for updates, fantastic work!
    Have any idea what you'll be doing next? I can't wait to see how you handle greek units (hoplites, peltasts, etc...), carthage might also be very interesting, ultimately whatever you do next I'm sure it will look great!

Quote Originally Posted by BigEl_nobody View Post
    If you interested in making even more fantastic Unit Cards. Radious releases Packs adding new and unique Units for the major factions.
    I really don't think I'm going to do icons for any mods until I'm finished with vanilla. That's more than enough fun

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanos Ausgustus View Post
    I keep checking the thread a couple of times every day for updates, fantastic work!
    Have any idea what you'll be doing next? I can't wait to see how you handle greek units (hoplites, peltasts, etc...), carthage might also be very interesting, ultimately whatever you do next I'm sure it will look great!
    I'm thinking about Iberians, actually. And I need to finish celts, there are some left.
    I'm making icons more or less as I play and Carthage is long gone (so not a priority). I don't fight Greeks right now and there's quite a lot of their icons (and those are the ones that suit me most in vanilla). I was just forced to fight Gallaecians, so I think I'll make them (Iberians, that is).

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Despite your flagrant disregard for Carthage ( how do you sleep at night ? lol ) your work is excellent and a real improvement.
    I thank you for it. Still, Iberians fall within my mercenary area, so not too bad eh ?

Simply awesome!
    Looking forward for greeks and other nations unit cards now
    Keep up the good work!
    Ceci est une signature

Bullgod, your work is really good and well better that vanilla because accurately readable. I'm very impatient to see the following !
    Last edited by Jochem Hraback; October 05, 2013 at 05:32 AM.

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
    Δεῖμος καὶ Φόβος

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

This looks great.Much more informative and good looking than the originals. If only there was a way to add unit numbers on cards.

I like these, much better than the artwork versions in vanilla.

If I may add some advice, try making different poses, especially with similar unit types. Try mimicking the kind of poses used in RTW. Oh, and flip the facing sometimes, that also helps tell whether that legionary cohort is a new, old, praetorian, etc.

This is what I hate the most in the vanilla cards: everyone's holding a sword or spear upright facing to the right.

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Hello bullgod
    i've seen that Artstudio asked you for a UI package for his mod ,but where to find it ?
    it's not integrated in its mod ,though , i've tried and your work don't appear yet ,only vanilla cards messed up with its textures..
    BTW, Some celtic units, as well as "artillery" are still missing.
    i know it's a huge work to rework all these cards ,but playing without your splendid cards is no more possible now that i've tried !

Chieftain John K.'s Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    I really don't think I'm going to do icons for any mods until I'm finished with vanilla. That's more than enough fun
    I like your mod. Because of this answer should be clear to all...
    ...but still it would be great when my 4 roman archers shine in your mod. Your support would be very happy!!!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...upport-Submods
    Just take a look on it. Maybe in a quiet minute (cards and screenshots are visible)

regards chief
    Last edited by Chieftain John K.; October 05, 2013 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    I'm thinking about Iberians, actually. And I need to finish celts, there are some left.
    I'm making icons more or less as I play and Carthage is long gone (so not a priority). I don't fight Greeks right now and there's quite a lot of their icons (and those are the ones that suit me most in vanilla). I was just forced to fight Gallaecians, so I think I'll make them (Iberians, that is).
    Alas, poor Carthage, always overshadowed by Romans and barbarians... I reckoned a bunch of major factions use at least some Hellenic units, so you'd be killing a bunch of birds with a few stones, but we'll get to them eventually...
    Btw, I don't suppose you'll be doing ships and siege weapons any time soon?

It's so satisfying playing with these unit cards, I feel a real excitement about the units now.
    Currently following these promising mods - Imperia Antiquitatis by Splenyi
    Traits, Talents, and Toadies
    by Hellbent
    Real Roman Reforms
    by Aodh Mor
    Unit Icons project
    by Bullgod
    Also recommended:
    City Sack, Liberation and Diplomatic Options
    by Dresden

A question about the Roman auxiliaries :

You did the balearic slingers (which I thank you for it), but what about the other auxiliaries ? Will they use the card of their original counterpart (easy way to add them) or will you make all of them (long way) ?

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    If I may add some advice, try making different poses, especially with similar unit types. Try mimicking the kind of poses used in RTW. Oh, and flip the facing sometimes, that also helps tell whether that legionary cohort is a new, old, praetorian, etc.
    This is what I hate the most in the vanilla cards: everyone's holding a sword or spear upright facing to the right.

I don't agree with you. Instead, I think it's perfect as BullGod did. The units cards are clearly readable and the design is really better that vanilla.
    Last edited by Jochem Hraback; October 05, 2013 at 12:40 PM.

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
    Δεῖμος καὶ Φόβος

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Btw many of the British units are the same as the Celts, just have a different name so you might just have to duplicate them and name them that way.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Menumorut's Avatar Ducenarius

I really like vanilla Rome 2 unit cards but these are fantastic, really beautiful.

»MY GRAPHIC WORKSHOP« UNDER THE PA†RONAGE OF G☼D HIMSELF »MY ROMEII FAN ART«

babydoc's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks!

Fat Guy in a Box's Avatar Libertus

Oh my goodness. These are absolutely beautiful! I wish I could your ass and give you a reach around for this!

+REP