Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: BullGod Unit Icons Project v.0.48 (updated 6/Apr/2014)

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons project (v.0.10)

really cool mate!

Default Re: BullGod Unit Icons project (v.0.11)

I wanted to finish britons before updating, but since I've made all other celtic cards I'm doing it now.

Britons included in this update:

farmers, spear band, chosen spear band, sword band and... chosen sword band.
    Blue is faction color. It's going to change somehow (I think), as it's too much of one color right now. I always thought celtic shields should be colourfull.

Now rest of the Celts:

I can imagine that Savage Dogs might not be to everyone's liking (some might even call that a huge immersion breaker) so I think they will dissappear with the next update, but I just couldn't help it (that's my sense of humour, you know).
    (Galllic Huters are kind of ugly, so I'm pretty sure I'll be changing them too at some point, so don't... em, look at them until then)

Download link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/84...bined_v011.zip

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    I can imagine that Savage Dogs might not be to everyone's liking (some might even call that a huge immersion breaker) so I think they will dissappear with the next update, but I just couldn't help it (that's my sense of humour, you know).
    (Galllic Huters are kind of ugly, so I'm pretty sure I'll be changing them too at some point, so don't... em, look at them until then)
    Still better looking Unit Cards than Vanilla

It is really enjoyable to watch you progress with the Unit Cards. Keep it Up!

I didn't think vanilla cards were really ugly or anything - though I had some trouble differentiating units - but this is just amazing. Keep up the good work, I'm eagerly awaiting more updates.
    Thanks.

Love this mod mate, just beautiful and detailed illustrations! +Rep and hope to see this mod in action one day!
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Great job. Wanted to give you +more rep for the "savage dogs" alone, but it would not let me

Foederatus

Amazing work as always, man. Love your art style. Still consider your Shogun 2 daimyo to be one of the greatest mods ever.

I would pay for this as a DLC. Hell Id even donate/pay you to finish it sooner for all units. PM me.

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

SIMPLY FABULOUS!!!

May you please teach me your processing pipeline, how you achieve such gorgeous work? I sent you a personal message. Thanks in advance!

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Fantastic work ,as always !
    Are you finished with celtic roster now ,including mercenaries ,or still are units to do ?
    (i've seen in roman roster, Syrian auxiliaries archers not yet done, for the moment + all the artillery )
    Last edited by Beorix; October 11, 2013 at 05:08 AM.

Bento's Avatar Tiro

Still the best looking artwork I've seen in a long time.
    Although I'm giving up on Rome2 for the time being, I will continue to collect your work so that should it ever be fixed and I buy it again, I will have beautiful unit cards from the start. Thanks.

Have I totally missed that there are gallic bowmen (Bowmen and gallic hunters specifically)? I dont seem to find them ingame... Or are they from those pesky unit mods?

Oh, and the Shortswords and that there are two versions of the naked warrior/sword?

There are certain icons in game files that are not used ingame. I'm not playing the game that often, so I've only noticed that recently.
    After checking again it seems that there is no gallic hunters unit in game... good, since I didn't like that unit card anyway, so it will be removed with next update.
    Bowmen are available to certain factions, but not to player ones.
    Shortswords are available to Halvetii. Not sure if any other faction has them too. Naked swords are Galatian only unit if I'm not mistaken (I mean they're Galatian for sure, but maybe some other faction has them too).

and, by the way, this is will probably be the new version of savage dogs:
    although I still think this:looks much more "savage"

oh, and I know about artillery. It will probably be the last thing I'll do, sorry.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

hey bullgod, ive really fallen in love with your work, i want to ask you a few questions

1. are you planning on doing these cards for all the units in the game

2. is this mod compatible with Radious's mod

3. Radious has added a quite a few units in his mod, will you also make cards for them or are you just going to make these for the vanilla units
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

These are great, especially the celtic savage dogs
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

@kamikazee786
    Thanks (finally)
    1.That's the plan,we'll see how it goes.
    2.It only changes the UI cards, so I assume that yes.
    3.Remaking vanilla cards is priority.

Bullgod, two questions:
    Now that you've finished the iberian units (which look fantastic btw) the balearic slingers look a little out of place. Will you be redoing them at some point?
    Any ideas about what's next after you finish the britons? You seem to be on a barbarian faction spree not that I'm complaining

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Do you intend to leave the agent unit cards until the end?
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Yes, I can notice the belearic slingers being out of place too... It's because I've had different approach at the beginning. It changed and I spend more time on those icons now. I guess I'll be changing them at some point.
    I'm not sure what will be next after britons. Maybe Carthage? We'll see.
    I haven't decided if I want to make agents, actually. For me it's good that they're different than the rest. But maybe.
    With this speed it might be long time from now