Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Praetorian Reskin Mod / Gladiator Movie Praetorians / Updated 10/19 patch 5 compatible

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Default Praetorian Reskin Mod / Gladiator Movie Praetorians / Updated 10/19 patch 5 compatible

This is part of my Roman_Reskin_Mod but I thought people might want to have just the Praetorian Guard and Cavalry without the color changes I made in my main mod.

This is a total reskin of the Praetorian Guard and Praetorian Cavalry units. Both officers are custom as well as the standard bearer for the Praetorian Guard.

I modeled them after the Praetorian's in the movie Gladiator, as such this is not to be considered a realistic portrayal of Praetorian soldiers or officers, but they do look good thanks to hollywood

This mod makes no changes to anything but the appearance of the two units in question and so should be compatable with most other mods.

Updated 10/1 : Added Signifier shield to the standard bearer. Updated to patch 3.

Updated 10/5 Added new Praetorian Guard and Cavalry shields. Added the famous Dura Europos shield to the Praetorian Officer.

Updated 10/11 : Added a perfect new Cuirass to the officers thanks to Octavian21, I sigjest you check out the beautiful work he is doing in his mod here: Kaziels Romans

Updated 10/19 : Slimmed the mod way down thanks to patch 5, now the mod only uses the bits of tables it needs.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Praetorian_Reskin_Mod Updated 10/19 patch 5.

Installation: Extract the mod to your rome2 data folder.

Use the new integrated Mod Manager when you start the game to activate the mod, check the box to activate and your good to go
    Last edited by Zaskar70; October 19, 2013 at 06:38 AM. Reason: update

Default Re: Praetorian Reskin Mod / Gladiator Movie Praetorians

Wow, those look great! Nice work!

Do not worry about historical realness. They were a glorified bodyguard unit not a frontline unit anyway.

Thats just CA adding in fantasy units.

Speaking of which wheres the flaming pigs? ( i loved the rome 1 mod that made it into flaming peasants!)

Will you be changing the officers guard also ?would like to keep your officers guard I like the skin just a little to much white. I may use this version since I wanted to keep your reskin of the cav

You know what? Who gives a crap about "historical accuracy" anyway. It's pointless, you can do whatever you want in Rome II, or any TW game for that matter, regardless of what history says, so mod on cause this mod is awesome! It makes them look intimidating.

very good sir been waiting for this for officer skin i think LAV mod done that, you may want to check it.

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

Ha! Awesome mod. I might actually use Praetorians now, strictly just for the lulz you understand?

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

FAP FAP FAP FAP !!!

Woah, great units man.
    Installing this now.

I love the look but unfortunately this is incompatible with any mod that that edits land_units_tables. I would love to use it unfortunately I cannot as it conflicts with my gameplay mods. I was wondering is it all possible for you to tell me the edits you made to said table so I may do it myself as well as releasing a version of your mod without those changes, so I can use both?

Looks extremely good, me likes. Could you please make a version that works (is compatible) with Radious mod pack?

Haha I was waiting for someone to do this!

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Mono Ribeiro View Post
    I love the look but unfortunately this is incompatible with any mod that that edits land_units_tables. I would love to use it unfortunately I cannot as it conflicts with my gameplay mods. I was wondering is it all possible for you to tell me the edits you made to said table so I may do it myself as well as releasing a version of your mod without those changes, so I can use both?
    unfortunately the game is having trouble reading new files, lusted is aware of this, so much for "most moddable Total War Ever". Anyway's any mod that changes unit colours and or adds new officers at the moment HAS to include the full vanilla tables in order to work, what this means is that most mods will not be compatible with each other.

Shogun 2 was better in that respect, if you wanted to change only one unit you could just put the data for that one unit in your packfile and it would work, in Rome 2's case you need ALL the other units as well, it's REALLY annoying when your modding.

So if you want the mod to be compatible with any other mods that change the land_units tables you need to open my mod in packfile manager and delete my land_units table, BUT the new officers will not be there if you do and the colours on the units might be wrong.

could u make a version that works with beta 3?

Crappy's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar70 View Post
    unfortunately the game is having trouble reading new files, lusted is aware of this, so much for "most moddable Total War Ever". Anyway's any mod that changes unit colours and or adds new officers at the moment HAS to include the full vanilla tables in order to work, what this means is that most mods will not be compatible with each other.

Shogun 2 was better in that respect, if you wanted to change only one unit you could just put the data for that one unit in your packfile and it would work, in Rome 2's case you need ALL the other units as well, it's REALLY annoying when your modding.

So if you want the mod to be compatible with any other mods that change the land_units tables you need to open my mod in packfile manager and delete my land_units table, BUT the new officers will not be there if you do and the colours on the units might be wrong.
    Well that's a bummer! So because you need the full vanilla tables, there's no way to take, say, Radious, and combine the mods on our own? Hopefully CA can iron that out soon, cause I really love your skins. They look awesome! But I just gotta go with gameplay over art :-/ --bookmarking your mod though, so that if CA ever does fix the modding stuff, I'll be sure to download it!

Let me be clear you could have radious mods and still runs zaskar i\m running it right now i have had crashes but i thought it was because of the game being broken its it happen in turn 120 something which is where most people have issues anyways

The mod is great! But I have a problem, my officer and standed bearer still look like the default.

awesome mod! been waiting for someone to do this haha

I have the same issue and it's because we maybe using Otjher mods man

Quote Originally Posted by IMZ INFADEL View Post
    I have the same issue and it's because we maybe using Otjher mods man
    I uninstalled all mods and it still does not show the modified officer and standed bearer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast