Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Roman units in this game are WRONG , even worst after patch3

Default Roman units in this game are WRONG , even worst after patch3

why the hell they nerferd roman units lol !!!! before arveni elite units beat roman elite units lol , now 1 elite arveni beat 2 elite roman lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Oatsworn v 1 praetorian guard = Oatsworn win with 95 man LEFT!!!!!!! costs - Oatsworn 950 denari v praetorian guard 930 denari

ARE CA EMPLOYERS ON DRUGS LOL , the Melee defense of roman units is a laught, wtf is this balance

Default Re: Roman units in this game are WRONG , even worst after patch3

game balance takes a long time to get perfect, i wouldn't loose my mind just yet if i were you

huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur I want roman super soldiers duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur. That's what you sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHairyMelon View Post
    huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur I want roman super soldiers duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur. That's what you sound like.
    Pretty much this.

Though admittedly they have screwed the balance up a little with this patch.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; September 24, 2013 at 02:50 PM.

I did notice this too. There is a reason Roman soldiers should be powerful. Historically they were great and well disciplined fighters. THat's what allowed Rome to become the empire that they did

It's okey it is only a game, It's understandable that they make Romans underpreform by a large margin in order to maintain balance.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

Roman? they aren't
    Gallic land isn't rich too so you can grab 2 pretorian while AI only able to afford 1 oathsworn. It is normal and balance
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

the problem is the idea of roman = super soldiers

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

OP must mean this somehow ironically
    Last edited by camper-futter; September 24, 2013 at 04:47 PM.

I thought it was called ROME 2...not Arverni 2 or anything else. Roman soldiers should be the best, no one has ever heard of an Arverni empire. Praetorians should be the most powerful melee unit in the game followed by Spartan hoplites. END OF DISCUSSION.

Ok fine. Keep discussing, that's what forums are for....wait "forum"? Isn't that a LATIN word brought to us by the great ROMAN EMPIRE??? Nah, must be French.... everyone knows they had the BEST soldiers EVER!

Rome is a heavy infantry faction who historically had some of the best heavy troops in the world. Why shouldn't their best heavy infantry unit, which takes ages to get by the way, be more powerful than Gaulish infantry? I'm not saying turn them into gods, but they should definitely have the advantage in terms of infantry.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by sobchack View Post
    game balance takes a long time to get perfect, i wouldn't loose my mind just yet if i were you
    Pretty much. Best thing with multiple patches is that balance can be constantly tinkered with, don't expect the current unit stats to remain stable for the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHairyMelon View Post
    Way to contribute to the thread, as pointed out the problem here is not the obvious imbalance but that people think

Roman troops = super soldiers

The oathsworn were the cream of the cake, the chosen few of the chosen elite and that they would be on pair with the praetorians or even better is no stretch of the imagination. They should not win with this much however, much as the Heroic Riders should not completely wreck Cataphracts.

Some comments here... Not sure if i should laugh or cry
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

guys born and raised to fight, few chosen, trained for their life to gut you up, thats the oathsworn

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Romans are Soldiers

Oathsworn are Warriors

Just Forget about romans or barbarians !!! its not aceptable that 2 sword units that cost about the same , 1 exterminates the other !! and that is a error . More error is a spear unit that cost less beats a sword unit that costs more !!!!

Now about the true about soldiers at that time , check this links pls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj3vnkjUihU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7OzLQQlL0k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuFSWgBFllI&list=PLQrDbNi06iLebsL042Na3OVD-lyMo9p5g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Mn2VSEBFo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybHl9jYue_g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0JJlDlYGRM

Quote Originally Posted by sobchack View Post
    It would be nice if CA would get it right before releasing the game, for once. But once again, graphics took priority over gameplay testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazovmm View Post
    guys born and raised to fight, few chosen, trained for their life to gut you up, thats the oathsworn
    Yeah, like this actually matters. No matter how much a group of soldiers trains, they have a ceiling and will not become supermen. Roman legionaries were soldiers both professional and pretty darned skilled, and they had the added benefit of fighting in a highly organized and extremely effective method. Barring extenuating circumstances for the latter, no group of sword or spear-armed barbarian footmen could massacre a unit of top-flight legionaries fighting in formation.

Some of your defenses of this game are really quite amusing.
    Last edited by Crymson; September 24, 2013 at 05:11 PM.

Generally speaking, Rome fought with quantity and organization. Individual Roman soldiers were not particularly special in terms of their prowess. Rome won because its soldiers fought as a unit.

This is difficult to portray in Rome 2, because the game's engine basically forces units to fight as giant blobs, where there's no bonus for maintaining formation or keeping ranks.
    The above post is in a pre-alpha state and does not nessecarily reflect the final writings of the poster. As such the poster cannot be held responsible for any statements made in this post.

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

I found out the other day that Roman Hastatii cost about the same up keep as an Egyptian Pike Levy. True story.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
    It would be nice if CA would get it right before releasing the game, for once. But once again, graphics took priority over gameplay testing.
    Balance is a different problem than bugs and gameplay problems. I don't think I've seen a strategy game that didn't have any balancing issues, it normally takes a fair amount of playtime and patches to work it out.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast