Thread: Iceni and spears

Default Iceni and spears

So after playing a multiplayer battle, with me using the Iceni and my opponent using Rome, I was greeted with a message: "NOOB. Nobody uses spearmen while playing with barbarian factions."
    For information I won that battle, and yes I have used spearmen. So my question is now should the barbarian factions use their spearmen?

Default Re: Iceni and spears

Don't see why not, if you don't and the enemy has lots of cavalry they could really you up. He was probably just really butt hurt that he lost.

People will complain about everything.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Haha this is ridiculous sounds like hes butthurt you kicked his ass. Spearmen are the backbone of nearly any army and calling them noobish is a joke. Well done beating him.

big_feef's Avatar Ordinarius

I even use Parthia's weak spears in battles because they have their uses. Sounds like someone is only worried about fielding 'elite' units then is surprised you beat him with strategy... A symptom of the whole power-gaming aspect the Total Series seems to cater to nowadays.
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools" - Thucydides

Spears are always great.

Rome II does seem to be doing a little bit better at the whole "swords own everything" shtick. Most of the time I'm seeing swords have better attack while spears have better defense, so spearmen can help hold the enemy in place a bit longer while you flank/use missiles.