Thread: QUESTION: Adjusting research times

Default QUESTION: Adjusting research times

Hello everyone,

I'm very new at this - but I've read through the tutorials on how to use PFM and ESF editors and user.scripts and all that is pretty solid yet I don't seem to get the desired effect.

Radious has modified the research times in his mod - and I looked at his .pack file with the PFM, and as I just wanted 4TPY + adjusted research times I thought it would be a simple matter of extracting the file, loading it up in excel, multiply the required research points by four and then save it as a TSV (or some such acronym) import it using the PFM and change the name of the table (the one with the values not the 'parent' label) add the pack change the user script and bob's your uncle!

Well, i'm still getting the same research times in my new campaign even though the 4TPY is working.

advice? Please be kind .

Myrmedon

Default Re: QUESTION: Adjusting research times

Step 1: Open the mod you want to edit that includes the research times in PackFileManager
    Step 2: Highlight all values in the "research_points_required" column of the technologies table
    Step 3: Press CTRL C or click the "Copy" button at the top
    Step 4: Open MS Excel or OO Calc and Paste the values. So they are in one column, each value on it's own row
    Step 5: In an empty cell type the value you want to multiple by (or divide), Highlight it and cut or copy it (To get the value on the computers clipboard)
    Step 6: Highlight the values you copied in Step 4, Right Click (Or Edit->) -> Paste Special, Choose Multiply (Or divide depending if you want increased or decreased times)
    Step 7: Highlight and Copy the newly modified values in MS Excel/OO Calc
    Step 8: Back in PFM highlight the "research_points_required" column again and paste (Ctrl V)
    Step 9: In PFM File -> Save
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Default Re: QUESTION: Adjusting research times

That worked.

Thank you very much Strike!

Myrmedon
    Last edited by myrmedon; September 22, 2013 at 10:37 PM.