Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slashas Unlimited decals and blood!

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Default Slashas Unlimited decals and blood!

Well this is my first mod! Been digging around in the files for a long time now and I'm starting to learn it! My hopes are to find a way to have unlimited projectiles on ground/units, but no luck yet on that!
    But! I found how to make decals on walls from siege engines stay for 60 minutes! (not the rocks though). Try it out!
    It may look a bit weird when there are several hits on the same place, the texture overlaps eachother, might be fixed with other texture (if possible?)

I've added a mod that makes the blood on the ground to never disapear. This means that the battlefield ground will be covered in blood after battle! I've not noticed much of a performance hit myself. But try it out!
    You can of course use both mods at the same time. Remeber though that you need the blood & gore DLC to use the blood mod!

To install just put the file(s) in your rome 2 data folder and you're good to go!

WARNING!
    Do not change mod format. It must be in movie-format otherwise the mod will not work. The file will always load so you only need to put it in your data folder!

Download links:
    Unlimited Decals - https://www.sendspace.com/file/wc2gnv
    Unlimited Blood - https://www.sendspace.com/file/a2gdgd

(Reupload because I messed up and forgot to change pack type to movie, now fixed and working )

unlimited Decals Pics : (usually 1 onager could never fire that many shots before the decals disappearing)
    http://s24.postimg.org/nncq7wjs5/image.jpg
    http://s10.postimg.org/enqoyrc9l/image.jpg

Unlimited Blood Pics!:
    http://s7.postimg.org/qxkxk96ej/rome..._46_43_281.jpg

If you want to use this mod in your own mod, you dont need to ask permission, but please tell me when you do (fun to know where this ends up ) And would be cool if you gave me some creds to
    Last edited by Slashas; September 18, 2014 at 06:59 AM.

Default Re: Slashas Unlimited decals

pictures?

Slashas's Avatar Miles

There are now!

Nice, I really hope you find the projectiles stickies.
    +1 rep

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

is there any way you could put this on a site that I don't have to install some "download manager" that is no doubt riddled with spyware?
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Holy crap, brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

and yea, there is no way I'm downloading this with that sites download manager thing. If you need someone to host it, please send me a pm and I'll host it for free on my own personal site.

yes put it on a better dl sites. i also doubt downloading a app first b4 downloading

Hey guys. Idk if you've resolved it or if Slashas has put the dl on a new site, but the solution is quite simple. As with the mod Prometheus uploaded, you just need to click on the name of the file (Unlimited_decals.pack next to "Download:" and above the stars).

o . that worked! hahaha thanks

Slashas's Avatar Miles

added in some info for downloading! Sorry for that guys!

Have to say this is a fantastic mod. Hope you have luck finding the cannonballs. Unlimited might slow the game too much, but like 20-40 would be amazing.

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Thank you! Making this mod was not really hard, just needed to change the lifetime of the impact effect! I'm guessing the projectiles are on a timer, just like these effects and not controlled by how many there are on the ground at the same time. From what I've noticed, the timer of these models is started when they no longer move. If play a custom battle with a full stack of onagers you can see all the rocks at the same time, and they will disapear after the same amount of time from when they've stopped rolling. If there is a map with a hill, the rocks may keep rolling no matter how many there are. I think Carthage open field map is great for this test!

This is not working in the latest patch for some reason. I see a max of like 8-12 decals. Using it with mod manager.

Slashas's Avatar Miles

It's working for me, it's in movie format so you do not need mod manager!

awesome work dude!! downloading now!

Cool mod, but I doubt my rig can handle more graphic strains lol. If I ever upgrade my PC, I'll definitely be downloading this

Thanks for taking the time to make this.

Slashas's Avatar Miles

You can always try it! I've not noticed much of a fps hit, though my comp is pretty high end.

Slashas's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Slashas Unlimited decals and blood!

New addition is up! Now the ground will be soaked in blood from trembeling enemies! Thanks to Rome 2s new particle system, unlimited blood pools on the ground is here!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slashas View Post
    New addition is up! Now the ground will be soaked in blood from trembeling enemies! Thanks to Rome 2s new particle system, unlimited blood pools on the ground is here!
    Nice mate, Can i request permission to add this mod into my "All IN One" mod?

Slashas, can you explain in more detail how the Blood works, i.e. how it is mapped on the surfaces.

After looking at the blood effects there are two things I'm hoping a modder can fix:

1) Make the blood colour darker, darker than crimson, close to black.

2) Make the blood map on objects more like, for a lack of a better description, large blobs,
    instead of the light spray that is too common at the moment.

I hope all that made sense

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast