Thread: Battle won't end....

Default Battle won't end....

I was having the best time with this game playing as egypt and defeated an enemy twice my size....

Only problem, when all enemy units had routed the battle didn't end!

I searched all corners of the map for survivors but found nothing...when my patience had run out I "conceaded defeat"and lost almost my entire army

* I controlled the victory point which was att 100
    * I didn't have a battle time limit

Has this happened to anyone else?

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Default Re: Battle won't end....

Let me guess, a Naval Invasion of one of your settlements? Always ensure you have a battle timer for those fights, the AI usually keeps on or two ships at sea.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I don`t use the Battle Timer either. I also had a case where the battle wouldn`t end. Solution?

War dogs!

I had a set of them and they`re like homing missiles. they know where every enemy is on the map. I got some cavalry and followed the war dogs and found some enemy ballista right at the far end corner of the map!

So- Until (if) CA fix this, take at least 1 set of war dogs with you!

No! it was a land battle, I was defending with two armies against 3 full stack armys from some tribe...

This lead to the lose of half my kingdom

Keep the battle timer on. It'll prevent this until it gets patched.

sometimes you can try to press escape and see if it's concede defeat or quit battle over that the options there, i think the pop-up can be bugged at times
    「戦場廻り、運命決まり、生死しらない」

If you change battle realism setting the radar will show you the location of any enemy units.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Eien View Post
    sometimes you can try to press escape and see if it's concede defeat or quit battle over that the options there, i think the pop-up can be bugged at times
    Good idea. I also did this once and it ended fine. Just make sure you really do know you`ve won!

Always leave the one hour battle timer on, it is useful for getting through buggy battles and you will never legitimately reach the one hour mark.