Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: All capture/victory points removed

newt's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: All capture/victory points removed

This one, "zw_remove_vp.7z" removes all capture points, which means gates and towers. You want to use "zw_remove_vp_keep_cp.7z" which will leave those in. Not sure if that still works, you'll have to try it.

Yea I'm using the second one. I was besieging the City of Pella 2 times in a row and whenever I was at the guard tower the flag was raised to my banner but the tower was stilled controlled by Macedon. Maybe it works for other city's but not for Pella, will test it tomorrow.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Zowrath, I've been looking for a mod that eliminates those horrid giant red and yellow floating icons in sieges, and it seems your mod does this -- although it is not advertised. I loaded up Toon's All In One mod and that's how I found out. How did you take those icons off?

What I want is those icons gone (for all players, for the planet earth) but for at least 1 capture point to remain in a siege battle (as always in TW games). I found issues where I cannot end the siege and having at least 1 capture point would alleviate that.

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    Since some wanted capture points untouched, there is a version that just removes victory points and keeps capture points and it is called: zw_remove_vp_keep_cp.7z

By demand I've made one that should only remove those in open battles, though I can't be 100% sure it doesn't affect some of the others but I am fairly certain it should not. This file is: zw_remove_vp_ob_only.7z

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Zowrath, I've been looking for a mod that eliminates those horrid giant red and yellow floating icons in sieges, and it seems your mod does this -- although it is not advertised. I loaded up Toon's All In One mod and that's how I found out. How did you take those icons off?

What I want is those icons gone (for all players, for the planet earth) but for at least 1 capture point to remain in a siege battle (as always in TW games). I found issues where I cannot end the siege and having at least 1 capture point would alleviate that.
    Yeah I agree with Dago Red, if we can have a version that keeps one capture point would be great as some battles you just cannot end!

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Yeah I agree with Dago Red, if we can have a version that keeps one capture point would be great as some battles you just cannot end!
    You can end every battle with time limit. Who even need 1 hour when battles lasted 5 minutes. 20 is more than enough.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    You can end every battle with time limit. Who even need 1 hour when battles lasted 5 minutes. 20 is more than enough.
    Not necessarily, as some of the battle AI mods out there allow you to fight much longer battles like Close Combat 4.0 which is what I use, and some of my siege battles have lasted 1 hour or more! It would be good to have a third option for this mod if its possible

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

as some of the battle AI mods...
    No mod has, can or will edit the battle AI in the warscape engine, it's hard coded and just can't be. All we can do is edit some battle mechanic values and hope the AI copes better.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

This mod does not work for the new small siege battle maps that were added in the new beta patch 7.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

An update would be great...

Thanks...

Zowarth - We need an updated version please, can I request a version that allows Sieges and Towers to work correctly? thanks

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Zowarth - We need an updated version please, can I request a version that allows Sieges and Towers to work correctly? thanks
    +1
    For the Sieges and Towers correction also...

bumping for update

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Bumping for update with towers working again, plus version with one capture flag for sieges (old school TW) to prevent issues with no reasonable path to victory when you have unreachable units (rare, but not so rare its a non issue) or the optimization problem / FPS drops that people get (fairly common, and you cannot speed up the game when this occurs).

Love that you got rid of those floating icons, and would love to see all versions with those gone.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Bumping for update with towers working again, plus version with one capture flag for sieges (old school TW) to prevent issues with no reasonable path to victory when you have unreachable units (rare, but not so rare its a non issue) or the optimization problem / FPS drops that people get (fairly common, and you cannot speed up the game when this occurs).

Love that you got rid of those floating icons, and would love to see all versions with those gone.
    Bumping again, agree. Zowrath, good fellow, the crowd claims for you

Does it work with multiplayer?

I hate capture points in siege and open battles...

This is exactly why I stop using your mod, If you can get that working it would be perfect.

been using your mod for a while now, It's a must have. However coastal battles still have victory points.

i'm landing here from home page. But reading last comments, i have a question......
    Does this Mod works with Patch 7? Or we have to wait an update?
    Thank's.

I absolutely love this mod. Just had a relatively challenging siege battle cuz they AI wasn't stupidly defending VP instead of the walls. I had 3600 or so men and lost 1700 and he had I think 2800 and lost 2700. play with radious also. battle lasted 55 minutes. Almost ran out of time. AI was defending walls very well as far as this crappy AI that's hardcoded goes. Would be better if they actually put melee fighters on the walls instead of inside but meh. Can't have everything I want apparently. I play with the second version that removes VP but not CP and I've had no problems.

I cant' open my own gates..... Arrow towers don't fire either.