Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: All capture/victory points removed

Default Re: All capture/victory points removed

Quote Originally Posted by lesterthenerd View Post
    ive tried the mod and i havent seen any major differences in ai behavior tbh. the ai still rushes your units when besieging your walled settlements which i thought would be eliminated by the removal of capture points but nope.
    Yeah they still rush in like that But they no longer just run past once they clash into units they should be stopping and attack but unfortunately they still charge everything down one corridor even range. The difference though should be them still attacking. But overall I have noticed most of my differences in attacking than defending

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Hi Zowrath, I would report you my experience with HISTORICAL BATTLE: SIEGE OF CARTHAGO. Well, I used your mod combine with line of battle mod (already tested in open field successfully). Your version mod I use: total remove capture-victory points. Long battle, on hard level I make routing/exterminate all enemy units. Anyway, When I remained with 60 triarii and the general alive in a totally EMPTY city the battle still not ended. I get a waiting time of 1 hour (ahahah..just fool, to test). Nothing. Poor solitary romans in a dead city. I was forced to declare my defeat and exit the battle (small enemy victory, it said). I suppose the game not registered the capture of all victory points. I also tried burning all the doors. Nothing. Hope this can help in some way. These victory points, capture flags are a plague. Are in the DNA of the game also if removed in certain cases.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

tried zw_remove_vp
    just had costal battle with VP

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    Hi Zowrath, I would report you my experience with HISTORICAL BATTLE: SIEGE OF CARTHAGO. Well, I used your mod combine with line of battle mod (already tested in open field successfully). Your version mod I use: total remove capture-victory points. Long battle, on hard level I make routing/exterminate all enemy units. Anyway, When I remained with 60 triarii and the general alive in a totally EMPTY city the battle still not ended. I get a waiting time of 1 hour (ahahah..just fool, to test). Nothing. Poor solitary romans in a dead city. I was forced to declare my defeat and exit the battle (small enemy victory, it said). I suppose the game not registered the capture of all victory points. I also tried burning all the doors. Nothing. Hope this can help in some way. These victory points, capture flags are a plague. Are in the DNA of the game also if removed in certain cases.

Try using the debug camera (via preference.script.txt) and looking under ground. Not sure if it's the same in the historical battle but during campaign trying to take Carthago the reinforcing fleet doesn't work well and half the units spawn underground. I had to change what ships those units used to avoid it.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Thanks guys, STRIKEQ: I've found this string "
    default_camera_type 0; # default_battle_camera <card32>, default battle camera: 0-totalwar 1-rts 2-debug #" which means exactly debug camera? I have installed spleny's mod "G_Camera.pack" giving me the chance to better zoom (so deep that I can already go underground). CHRIS_10: I was getting the same conclusion. Yesterday I thought that if I had some of these flags enabled I could win this (just won) battle. It was a huge waste of time but not cause of this mod. The issue is in the game. No concrete reasult but I can say I've fought a decent hard battle despite of the comic frastrating lack of result. by the way, Carthago tour opened. I can say I well know now every side of this city

Quote Originally Posted by chris10 View Post
    tried zw_remove_vp
    just had costal battle with VP
    Are you using beta 3? That changes some things, and since I only download Live-patches I can't check. Beta 3 will go live soon though. Other than that, if you use other mods that edit these XML's then depending on which file gets priority will overrule the other. The one that removes VP/CP totally has everything removed. Empty.

Thanks guys, STRIKEQ: I've found this string "
    default_camera_type 0; # default_battle_camera <card32>, default battle camera: 0-totalwar 1-rts 2-debug #" which means exactly debug camera? I have installed spleny's mod "G_Camera.pack" giving me the chance to better zoom (so deep that I can already go underground). CHRIS_10: I was getting the same conclusion. Yesterday I thought that if I had some of these flags enabled I could win this (just won) battle. It was a huge waste of time but not cause of this mod. The issue is in the game. No concrete reasult but I can say I've fought a decent hard battle despite of the comic frastrating lack of result. by the way, Carthago tour opened. I can say I well know now every side of this city

Don't know what else to say than StrikeQ said. I've played a lot of different sieges now, in lots of places, both defending and attacking and I have only had this issue a couple of times but then it was one routing unit that got stuck and would not exit the map and another when a routed unit got their morale back and stayed hidden. The last one had the blinking flag, shattered I guess it was, and I guess that's game bug as if they are routing the game should end at some point.

There are lots of things the developers need to fix in this game, and Battle AI is one of them. When devs and mods have made a good BAI together, things like these should work themselves out.
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

I at last supposed what you've said, maybe a routing unit remained into the city and unable to escape the map. Or, differently a issue with siege battle "historical"..but I'm uncertain if believe this cause other land historical battle like Rafah and Nile were won at hard without issues. I'll not renouce to your mod. Too early time we live with this beta game to be sure about reasons of some problems. anyway, thanks you all.

I at last supposed what you've said, maybe a routing unit remained into the city and unable to escape the map. Or, differently a issue with siege battle "historical"..but I'm uncertain if believe this cause other land historical battle like Rafah and Nile were won at hard without issues. I'll not renouce to your mod. Too early time we live with this beta game to be sure about reasons of some problems. anyway, thanks you all.
    I have had problems pre this mod and after with various things its just more noticble since you cant count down a flag. I had a match when I was attacking a town and the comp had reinforcements one unit of spear levy got stuck at the border of the map. I had guys searching all around the outskirts of the border where they came at. Found a group just hanging out not doing any thing. There is also when units run they can get messed up but if you ever have a reinforcing army coming in and the game doesn't end check the borders where they came in at and there might be a group hanging out there.

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    Are you using beta 3? That changes some things, and since I only download Live-patches I can't check. Beta 3 will go live soon though. Other than that, if you use other mods that edit these XML's then depending on which file gets priority will overrule the other. The one that removes VP/CP totally has everything removed. Empty.
    Empty...you wish
    Patch 2
    vanilla
    no other mod
    costal battle with reinforcement from sea for defender

Empty...you wish
    Patch 2
    vanilla
    no other mod
    costal battle with reinforcement from sea for defender
    Great, same setup as me so if you make the savegame downloadable at Sendspace for instance I can check it out. If you don't have that savegame any more let me know which settlement it was so I can send someone to assault it.

Links updated 06.05.13

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    Great, same setup as me so if you make the savegame downloadable at Sendspace for instance I can check it out. If you don't have that savegame any more let me know which settlement it was so I can send someone to assault it.
    No save,sry. Was late last night and the battle was a no brainer so I didnt save it.
    Couldnt know that it would become interesting.
    I positioned my troops at one end of the battlefield as the enemy had 2 reinforcing forces...1 from land and 1 from sea..
    When I started the battle I couldnt see the VP as it was on the other end of the map and I was like whydafack the enemy doesnt move...
    so I scrolled over there and well...it quickly became clear why they didnt move...sitting on a VP.
    Settlement is Karalis (Sardinia)..on the north end of the Iland there is a beach...there is where I attacked.
    There must be a catch somehwere to make this VP appear...maybe its the sea reinforcements..I havent come across any other VP since campaign start.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyon View Post
    I have had problems pre this mod and after with various things its just more noticble since you cant count down a flag. I had a match when I was attacking a town and the comp had reinforcements one unit of spear levy got stuck at the border of the map. I had guys searching all around the outskirts of the border where they came at. Found a group just hanging out not doing any thing. There is also when units run they can get messed up but if you ever have a reinforcing army coming in and the game doesn't end check the borders where they came in at and there might be a group hanging out there.
    Thanks sir, I confirm your words. except of this historical battle in Carthago I would notice only good efforts come with Zowrath's mod. Probably I didn't see routing units...the problem is that no red units were shown in the radar or into the tactical map. by this way I believed the field was empty. As said problem is at the origin, this mod is a consequence. CA should FIRST make a strong BAI and THEN forse second step, try a new feature like capture flags and victory points. They made same as build a palace on a sandy soil Probably CA should fix enemy units routing...too many times I've seen these units hold in a weird position near border or a buildings or standing like a blob around an onagre. Too many times I was pursuing routing units without the possibility to kill 'em all.

No save,sry. Was late last night and the battle was a no brainer so I didnt save it.
    Couldnt know that it would become interesting.
    I positioned my troops at one end of the battlefield as the enemy had 2 reinforcing forces...1 from land and 1 from sea..
    When I started the battle I couldnt see the VP as it was on the other end of the map and I was like whydafack the enemy doesnt move...
    so I scrolled over there and well...it quickly became clear why they didnt move...sitting on a VP.
    Settlement is Karalis (Sardinia)..on the north end of the Iland there is a beach...there is where I attacked.
    There must be a catch somehwere to make this VP appear...maybe its the sea reinforcements..I havent come across any other VP since campaign start.

I did that battle yesterday, after finally making a rebellion happen so I did not have to declare war on Carthage. It was a bloody tough battle because the rebels had pikes and I had no siege engines so I had to go through the gates where they had situated their pikes to great success. I lost over 80 percent of my forces in that engagement...... There were no victory points on my map though, and reinforcements does not bring them on. These markers are controlled by one XML-file per city/town and then per size. This particular one is controlled by either greek_port_a (large/medium/small) or greek_port_b (large/medium/small) and none of those files in the mod has any reference to VPs anymore, I double checked.

Weird though. Can't explain it, though the game is full of bugs still so who knows.

Links updated 06.05.13

Seems like the new beta update today made this no longer work?

Was fighting a land/naval battle today and just decided I do not want the victory flag in this type either! The beta updated and all of the sudden I have a victory point in my battle. Enemy completed avoided me and headed for stupid victory point. So I landed my ships and just sat there waiting and as they walked away from me! Please update and I will def keep using NO victory points in any battle even if the AI does not land their ships in battle!
    Last edited by auboy; September 24, 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by auboy View Post
    Seems like the new beta update today made this no longer work?

Was fighting a land/naval battle today and just decided I do not want the victory flag in this type either! Enemy completed avoided me and headed for stupid victory point. So I landed my ships and just sat there waiting and as they walked away from me! Please update and I will def use NO victory points in any battle!
    When the beta 3 goes in to Live 3 I will check and see. None of my mods will ever follow the beta-line, just be Live patches. Live 3 should be around the corner soon though.

Links updated 06.05.13

Zowrath don't hate me, just a report: in a certain battle combining naval and land on open field despite the fact I still have your mod (total removal) inside data folder, I get the ing victory point behind my line. I tried the battle two time. Two time with the victory point. Weird was this fact: enemy did not run to this as a nocturnal butterfly reaching a light source. Later I'll try again removing and inserting your mod again into data folder. Ask you all if someone had same issue or if this is only mine.

Zowrath don't hate me, just a report: in a certain battle combining naval and land on open field despite the fact I still have your mod (total removal) inside data folder, I get the ing victory point behind my line. I tried the battle two time. Two time with the victory point. Weird was this fact: enemy did not run to this as a nocturnal butterfly reaching a light source. Later I'll try again removing and inserting your mod again into data folder. Ask you all if someone had same issue or if this is only mine.
    Hehe, I don't hate you! Funny thing is I just had this myself, having a fleet outside the coast of North Africa and Libya (my ally) got attacked by some tribe and dragged my naval forces in to it. Now Libya has a VP to defend, and I can not find this VP anywhere in the files. I'm gonna comb through the files one more time. I must've found hundreds of battles by now, and it's the first time I've seen a VP since I edited it.

Links updated 06.05.13

So it can happens...we can with good chances escape this plague but not completely. rome II DNA still remains the same ...Yesterday it was comic, weird, unreal, clownish: all enemies routing and disbanded with my cavalry taking casualties and the broken line of legionaries screaming hurra and clashing on the shields for victory and what??Whaat's up Drama? a single enemy unit phalanx walking in formation on the victory point. they were occuping it a lot so I had to send fast two choorts to destroy 'em from the flanks...is this strategy? is this arcade or strategic effort coming new with this game?..a strategic effort of course, in fact CA still insists with this feature and despite of good deal making it switchable on the menu, they'll not do it. By the Gods, such a Benny Hill Show sometimes

The new beta patch update is the reason this is happening now

Hehe, yeah! I've gone through the edited files and they are clean. I've gone through the referenced XML's in the packs and I can't find this particular VP anywhere. Using EditSF 1.0.7 I looked at PENDING_BATTLE for the info and these are the references I could find to the pending battle:

Code:
    terrain/battles/arena_north_africa/

Arena

terrain/battles/coastal_island/

terrain/battles/main_rome_map/

terrain/battles/main_rome_map/deployment/deployment_1750.xml

coastal_battle

town_persian

Battle of Numidia

terrain/tiles/battle/multiplayer/coastal_island/custom/screenshot_small.png
    I've checked these as well, and not at any of these locations is there anything as well. I know the next Live-patch is going to remove some of these anyway, so I'm gonna let this one slide until the patch comes out and then dig further. It's not often this happens anyhow, my first on very many battles.

Quote Originally Posted by auboy View Post
    The new beta patch update is the reason this is happening now
    Nope, I have this in Live-patch 2 as well. It's something 'hidden' and not in the normal place, but I will hunt for it after beta 3 has gone live. It can take a whole evening to find this thing, if ever. There are thousands of files, and some times like this the thing you look for is referenced at some other point that's not in the natural order of things when the pack-files are concerned.
    Last edited by zowrath; September 24, 2013 at 02:59 PM.

Links updated 06.05.13