Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: All capture/victory points removed

Default Re: All capture/victory points removed

i tried the mod. It works great. But i am having a big issue with this mod.

I can no longer hear foot steps on the battle map. I can just hear the voices.

thank you very much
    Good going CA, you really must be proud of your hard work.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    http://www.raceinfo.no/temp/rome2%20blast.gif

Is this mod obsolete with new beta patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcani 4 Ever View Post

That can't possibly have anything to do with this mod though as it only removes the locations of the capture points which are in XML-files and only this. It is really weird that you have this, and I have no explanation why, but in my game all audio effects are there as usual.

@auboy

This mod will work with any patch, previous or future, unless CA changes the coded way capture points are handled. Which is not likely, but who knows
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kováts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    That can't possibly have anything to do with this mod though as it only removes the locations of the capture points which are in XML-files and only this. It is really weird that you have this, and I have no explanation why, but in my game all audio effects are there as usual.
    the two siege battles i have played with this mod didn't gave me any sound aside music and the general voice.

once i removed it, sound effects like footsteps, weapon sounds, background sounds started working again.

And this mod doesnt have any conflicts on the mod manager.

@auboy

This mod will work with any patch, previous or future, unless CA changes the coded way capture points are handled. Which is not likely, but who knows
    Patch notes:

Combined battles where there is no navy in the defending alliance do not have *Victory Points/Baggage Trains.
    Last edited by auboy; September 20, 2013 at 05:27 PM.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

It works very well, and whit Radius mods. Thanks. In any battle.
    Last edited by Choki; September 20, 2013 at 04:44 PM.

the two siege battles i have played with this mod didn't gave me any sound aside music and the general voice.

once i removed it, sound effects like footsteps, weapon sounds, background sounds started working again.

And this mod doesnt have any conflicts on the mod manager.
    I really have no answer for this one, I can't possibly even begin to understand it as my edit is so far removed from audio as it can be.

This is an example of what I have disabled from the files:

Code:
    <CAPTURE_LOCATION radius='25.000000'  position_x='508.537781'  position_y='455.375488'  valid_for_min_num_players='2'  valid_for_max_num_players='8'  capture_point_type_v2='CAPTURE_LOCATION_MAJOR'  capture_point_list='512.0,457.0'  building_list=''  database_key='victory_point_stone_circle'  flag_facing='-0.707107,-0.707107' />
    and none of these data even points to or reference those audio sounds, or any. Just plain weird this is.

Quote Originally Posted by auboy View Post
    Patch notes:

Combined battles where there is no navy in the defending alliance do not have *Victory Points/Baggage Trains.

Yes, it would still be compatible with the beta 3 patch as they still keep the ones with the navy defending. This file removes any points that can be captured from the game, victory or otherwise.
    Last edited by zowrath; September 20, 2013 at 07:16 PM.

Links updated 06.05.13

This has nothing to do with this mod: I occasionally get this problem every now and then, before this mod was released.

Restarting the game always helps, but damn annoying whenever it does occur.

mav61's Avatar Civis

Would love to try it but your link is not too flash no doubt the forums...

Tried it with a walled settlement today: it seems the control points for gates and towers are also taken out, bt that means that you cannot leave the settlement or have reinforcements enter unless the gates are torched.

omg omg if it works right your magic. will post again with my tests

I fought a siege - attacking -and "won" by routing all enemy units. The clock needed to tick down to zero and I searched the map for any enemy flags - none. Then Finally I was given a defeat message. Mystery .

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    i tried the mod. It works great. But i am having a big issue with this mod. I can no longer hear foot steps on the battle map. I can just hear the voices.
    This has nothing to do with this mod: I occasionally get this problem every now and then, before this mod was released. Restarting the game always helps, but damn annoying whenever it does occur.
    Thank you daelin4, this is the modders worst nightmare because we wonder if it really has something to do with our mods. I was 100% sure it did not, though it is good to get confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Tried it with a walled settlement today: it seems the control points for gates and towers are also taken out, bt that means that you cannot leave the settlement or have reinforcements enter unless the gates are torched.
    I'm uploading a version that just removes Victory Points and not Capture Points, that should work for those of you that want them as well. I found that as long as the AI has something to defend it performed worse, so I removed them completely and accepted that burning the gates was a tradeoff since it's so fast to do anyhow. But, ready for download now.

Quote Originally Posted by Indus_Valley View Post
    I fought a siege - attacking -and "won" by routing all enemy units. The clock needed to tick down to zero and I searched the map for any enemy flags - none. Then Finally I was given a defeat message. Mystery .
    I've had this in vanilla Rome II as well, once I ran around the map with my cavarly and just before the timer was about to run out I found a lone soldier trying to run out of the battlefield but he got stuck on some terrain. Weird fluke. Other times it was routing units getting their morale back.

Links updated 06.05.13

This is great Thanks zowrath. I have had some of the best city battles since I started using this mod. The Ai constantly trys to flank you in cities constantly have to try and counter what they are doing in the battles now. I have only done one siege so far and while the ai did not defend the gates they made the city fight a incredible tough battle. Where they split there forces covering 3 sides of a street and when I attacked 2 sides of the street they moved to help the sides under attack and sent units down the other to try and flank was really great.

In another city fight may of been one of my toughest fights so far Probably the best I have seen from the AI so far They had a army in town and a reinforcing army I am still pretty early I also have radious installed While the army makeup was not the greatest they had a full stack sitting in town was a crazy fight for that town the stuff the AI was doing. Came out winning but my entire army was dead or crippled. I did have a bug in the game but I had actually seen it before.
    The ai reinforcing units had left one unit where they came in at a levy spearmen. It ended up killing 4 of my battered egyption infantry before my leader got there.

So far though city battles have been far better when I assaulted that city to the navy killed my 2 ships I had brought in and then went and landed and joined up with the army in town. My experience with armies sieging has been a lot better to I lost my first city that was sieged by the AI. Unfortunately they still just all charge into one gate that they burned down. But they moved up to the gate with ranged giving cover to the guys burning the gate.

But the great part was once they charged into the gate they did not just try to push past to a flag like they normally do they charged in killed everything I had trying to defend a great loss. Still a lot of problems but this mod has made attacking towns pretty tough which is great. Since I got this mod my units lost has gone up quite a bit. Which is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Phyon View Post
    This is great Thanks zowrath. I have had some of the best city battles since I started using this mod. The Ai constantly trys to flank you in cities constantly have to try and counter what they are doing in the battles now. I have only done one siege so far and while the ai did not defend the gates they made the city fight a incredible tough battle. Where they split there forces covering 3 sides of a street and when I attacked 2 sides of the street they moved to help the sides under attack and sent units down the other to try and flank was really great.

In another city fight may of been one of my toughest fights so far Probably the best I have seen from the AI so far They had a army in town and a reinforcing army I am still pretty early I also have radious installed While the army makeup was not the greatest they had a full stack sitting in town was a crazy fight for that town the stuff the AI was doing. Came out winning but my entire army was dead or crippled. I did have a bug in the game but I had actually seen it before.
    The ai reinforcing units had left one unit where they came in at a levy spearmen. It ended up killing 4 of my battered egyption infantry before my leader got there.

So far though city battles have been far better when I assaulted that city to the navy killed my 2 ships I had brought in and then went and landed and joined up with the army in town. My experience with armies sieging has been a lot better to I lost my first city that was sieged by the AI. Unfortunately they still just all charge into one gate that they burned down. But they moved up to the gate with ranged giving cover to the guys burning the gate.

But the great part was once they charged into the gate they did not just try to push past to a flag like they normally do they charged in killed everything I had trying to defend a great loss. Still a lot of problems but this mod has made attacking towns pretty tough which is great. Since I got this mod my units lost has gone up quite a bit. Which is awesome
    This makes me very, very happy to hear. My first game on a city siege I was really astonished to see the AI behave in a quite more intelligent manner. I use my own mod, which I am working on, in addition to this one right here and my wip-mod doesn't really touch much of the Battle-AI yet so it is mostly vanilla. So even with vanilla Battle AI it worked incredibly well.

I entered Athens from the left side, if you look at it from the sea, and I could not see any forces. I was like 'hmmmm', so I sent out a scout Velite and found some of the AI by the sea entrance waiting for their reinforcements who was just coming through the gates. But it was so few of them anyway, so where was the rest? Ok, I started moving my army towards the sea gate as I was used to the AI pretty much huddled in one place but out of nowhere the AI had sent a good portion of its forces to flank me, also with ranged cavalry. Thinking this was the AI's push I sat 1/3 of my forces to defend if the AI came from the sea gate and 2/3 engaging the AI who attacked me.

And here's the game changer, the AI pulled back so I had to go through the alleyways which I did thinking the AI is still the same right? No, the AI then had cavalry going wide around and when I had my troops in the middle of the alley the attacked in the rear and the ones I was pursuing spun around and engaged my front. It was beautiful.

I had the stronger army though, so I won in the end, but I lost a good deal of my troops that I never would've done before. They really made me pay for taking the city. The city itself had its garrison and a general with six units and was reinforced by a full naval fleet mostly consisting of ranged units but also melee. Best battle of my Rome II experience to date.

Links updated 06.05.13

Quote Originally Posted by zowrath View Post
    This makes me very, very happy to hear. My first game on a city siege I was really astonished to see the AI behave in a quite more intelligent manner. I use my own mod, which I am working on, in addition to this one right here and my wip-mod doesn't really touch much of the Battle-AI yet so it is mostly vanilla. So even with vanilla Battle AI it worked incredibly well.

I entered Athens from the left side, if you look at it from the sea, and I could not see any forces. I was like 'hmmmm', so I sent out a scout Velite and found some of the AI by the sea entrance waiting for their reinforcements who was just coming through the gates. But it was so few of them anyway, so where was the rest? Ok, I started moving my army towards the sea gate as I was used to the AI pretty much huddled in one place but out of nowhere the AI had sent a good portion of its forces to flank me, also with ranged cavalry. Thinking this was the AI's push I sat 1/3 of my forces to defend if the AI came from the sea gate and 2/3 engaging the AI who attacked me.

And here's the game changer, the AI pulled back so I had to go through the alleyways which I did thinking the AI is still the same right? No, the AI then had cavalry going wide around and when I had my troops in the middle of the alley the attacked in the rear and the ones I was pursuing spun around and engaged my front. It was beautiful.

I had the stronger army though, so I won in the end, but I lost a good deal of my troops that I never would've done before. They really made me pay for taking the city. The city itself had its garrison and a general with six units and was reinforced by a full naval fleet mostly consisting of ranged units but also melee. Best battle of my Rome II experience to date.
    Yeah my battles with this mod have been the best so far playing it comes together really well. It really shows that post they said where the ai is there but stopped by bugs. if the ai could pull this off with the flags would be awesome. But they sure make you fight for every step into a town now. A tip for people I only seen it happen before this mod and after but some times when a army reinforces it all does not show up. Just go to the general direction that they came from.

Do you have any other plans for this mod can any thing else be done for the AI?

Quote Originally Posted by Phyon View Post
    Yeah my battles with this mod have been the best so far playing it comes together really well. It really shows that post they said where the ai is there but stopped by bugs. if the ai could pull this off with the flags would be awesome. But they sure make you fight for every step into a town now. A tip for people I only seen it happen before this mod and after but some times when a army reinforces it all does not show up. Just go to the general direction that they came from.

Do you have any other plans for this mod can any thing else be done for the AI?

The reinforcing army issue is a vanilla issue, and I'm pretty sure Jack said they were working on it for one of the patches. Perhaps beta 3, I am not sure, since I only use live patches.

As for plans, well yes. I am putting together a larger mod but I have not made a WIP-thread or anything yet because I want to work it all out and wait until that time when they've fixed a lot of things in the patches. It would mean that most people would probably be using other mods by that time but that's ok. I just don't want to release work I am not comfortable with, or is halfway done. And who knows, in that time perhaps people want some other mod to play with for a new experience.

That being said, my mod may not differ much from others though. It's mostly personal preference. But yeah, something is in the works for the future.
    Last edited by zowrath; September 21, 2013 at 11:43 AM.

Links updated 06.05.13

Could someone please show us a video preview of this mod on siege battles? I'd like to see how the AI reacts, should be interesting.

I have no problem downloading the OB file but neither of the VP file downloads will work.