Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: All capture/victory points removed

Default Re: All capture/victory points removed

Hello,

I'm currently using Magnars mod that changes many things on the battlefield and on the campaign map.

I'm wondering about mod compatibility since he did change some things with the flags (longer timer and two flags for some battles).

I suppose it's not but I will ask him if he's interested in adding your mod to his, as you are ok with that.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Ahh perhaps that is what is causing my crashes. Radious also increased the flag timers for his mods, which I am using.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

It was indeed Radious' Battle Mod that was causing the crashes when used with this mod. I assume this was because he has made modifications to the capture timers in his mod. Also, I have found a bug where the attacking force is able to capture gates from the outside via proximity. This creates a situation where the defenders become the attackers, having to burn their own gates to get to the enemy. Especially troubling with AI as once they capture a gate they'll just sit on it and defend it, no longer pressing inwards to eliminate the player.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

ive been using the Radious total mod + this mod with no problems.
    Ships are still landing all troops so far in my campaign.

thanks again. been waiting for someone figure out how to do this one.

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post
    It was indeed Radious' Battle Mod that was causing the crashes when used with this mod. I assume this was because he has made modifications to the capture timers in his mod. Also, I have found a bug where the attacking force is able to capture gates from the outside via proximity. This creates a situation where the defenders become the attackers, having to burn their own gates to get to the enemy. Especially troubling with AI as once they capture a gate they'll just sit on it and defend it, no longer pressing inwards to eliminate the player.
    i have battle timers switched off.
    Prob best to disable battle timers with this mod for time being.

So it works with Radious` mod? Do I need to start a new campaign for changes?

Quote Originally Posted by StarBGGG View Post
    Its been working fine for me.
    I always have battle limits turned off.
    have latest radious total mod + victory points removed.

Quote Originally Posted by StarBGGG View Post
    I started a new campaign. Less AI fleets, balance seems nice.

*battle time limits....oh. my kingdom for an edit button.

I love you man!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Im glad someone finaly figured out how to do this thank you

Quote Originally Posted by LSG View Post
    Has anyone had issues with the AI keeping it's navy in the sea so you can't finish the battle because you only have land troops?

As I said in another post, this can be an issue but not if you bring a navy of your own. So actually you have to play it more strategic now, which is nice. What you describe is an AI issue though and CA is working to fix it, so some time in the future all AI will be sure to land.

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    I just tried this and it didn't work on a fort siege where I held 2 of the 3 gates and left one open to test (I also left all obstacles out). The enemy lined up and the wings started moving around as if to go to the other gates, but then they changed their mind simultaneously and all 1400 men funneled through the 1 gate at the same time.

Perhaps there is another file that does fort sieges?

What you describe here is an AI issue though. This mod only removes the capture points. I've had AI do what you describe in vanilla Rome II battle as well some times. Once I besieged a barbarian city and they all came out to fight except the didn't, and then they did..... and so on. They AI is wonky, at the moment, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by McCarronXLD View Post

This mod removes all these capture points though, so it's not possible to capture gates anymore. If there are other mods that alter some of these effects and connected files, then I am not sure what will happen. This mod is not perfect though, it removes a function from the game and with the AI being in its current state it does strange things. Remember that we have to play things differently now and more aggressively at time. If the AI should stop inside the gates, you have to go kite them out.

All this being said, I will look at the files even more closely this weekend. But there are *a lot* of files with *a lot* of information in them. Doing what I did here was around six hour research and two hours of finding and editing the files. These things take time, and energy. If other mod creators want to contact me to discuss what may or may not cause issues with their mods please do it in PM so we don't confuse things in this thread. When I get back from work, very late today, I'll check messages and the thread again. I'm very happy you guys are enjoying it; it makes all the hours put in to it really worth it.
    Last edited by zowrath; September 20, 2013 at 04:25 AM.
    Maratha Light Infantry - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ibfygu

Col. Michael Kovįts Hussars
    - United States - http://www.sendspace.com/file/j272k5

Norske Geworbne & Trondhjemske Regiment - Norway -
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tmvpk6

Links updated 06.05.13

been working great for me. AI ships are still all landing, though sometimes still stand still at the docks.
    But no mad 'nothings there' charges for the flags, because there gone!
    even without any mods.

Already planning a closed lan with any luck..
    thanks again.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

THE BORDERREIVER, try this mod combined with radious BAI, maybe AI should not blob its troops massively in one point even though as said, AI is still heavily bugged

TotalWarker's Avatar Ordinarius

Will this work on a current campaign or will I need to start a new one?

Great work by the way.

Is this compatible with radius campagin and battle mod,because this mods are having the victory points and the flags ?

Brilliant, thank you :-)

Cannot get link to work. Kicks to blank page

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

DramaBelli, thankyou I will try that. Thanks for letting me know zowrath.

I'm going insane trying to find a battle AI mod that is consistent.

Civis

Im trying this mod (thanks a lot for this, I was waiting for!) and I noticed that the VP have been removed from my city battles, though when I had my first combined land and sea (I was defending) the VP was there!! maybe it's due to a conflict with other mods... Im using lines of battle, strong walls, radius AI and a few unit packs.