Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: All capture/victory points removed

Default Re: All capture/victory points removed

Has anyone had issues with the AI keeping it's navy in the sea so you can't finish the battle because you only have land troops?

Quote Originally Posted by LSG View Post
    Has anyone had issues with the AI keeping it's navy in the sea so you can't finish the battle because you only have land troops?
    That's the only downside I see to this. If it is my navy I'll happily land it, or withdraw if I deem it wise. Either way, I though these little buggers were hardcoded!

Yeah, that's the only downside to this. That's a big downside tho lol

thanks man! popular demand will want this big.
    thanks.

Yes! BIG! Thank you so much

Mackles's Avatar Roma Invicta

Thank you! Will test this out now!

Links don't work for me

How does the AI handle siege defense without capture points?
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Tried it assaulting a small city defened by the AI and without walls. Combined with radious mod. With me a small army leaded same by the AI. AI allied attacked frontal and chaotic an access point to the city. Enemy reaction: part of the army remained to control another lateral main access, several units from the middle of the city went to help the other ones engaged at the main access. AI defending defeated attacking forces with elephant. So I launch first line of phalangists in formation and I've defeated some ai infantry units and especially elephant after a long melee (notice: phalanx Always tried to mantain cohesion and formation ..also when in furious melee). Tried a small attack on other access but AI defended it without problems and only when I made weak the main access AI sent other units from sides to help them. Then I launched cavalry attacking from the flank the main access and soon arrived victory. RESPONSE: removed flags seems simply leave the AI manage units sending them where it0s lack and weak not where you've sent your single unit to capture the flag. The battle still rages where it started and by this way it proceed. This mod combined with Radious seems work. Would be great a collaboration between you and him. good luck (would test Tomorrow siege battles).

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Sounds awesome curious to see how the AI handles those combination land sea battles.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Can we have capture points only where absolutely necessary or in order words in combined land/naval battles?

Yes Yes YES, THANK YOU SO MUCH. I HATED the flags on open-field battles. I have a question though: Would it be possible to play with this on coop? Like if both my friend and I had the mod, we could play without flags on open battlefields in our coop campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonCrayon View Post
    Can we have capture points only where absolutely necessary or in order words in combined land/naval battles?
    This!

Agreed this would be the only way it would work!

so what do the ai do if they are the attacker in siege events? do they still rush? smart moves? make siege equip? or stand for hours?

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Thanks! Have some rep!

Tried this mod: it works great. Now instead of the AI trying to rush through your forces in the gate, they will actually try to FIGHT.

Got attacked by Syracuse in a capital: the entire fleet landed and marched all its forces to a gate. In my experience this often results in a bug where a lot of the men would stand by the beaches.

When the gates were down, they rushed through but stopped to fight my forces defending the entrance. No more bumrushing to seize a flag.

Even if this is buggy, it is WAY better than the flag system CA has.
    Last edited by daelin4; September 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM.

So i cannot download this...this sounds awesome though.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I just tried this and it didn't work on a fort siege where I held 2 of the 3 gates and left one open to test (I also left all obstacles out). The enemy lined up and the wings started moving around as if to go to the other gates, but then they changed their mind simultaneously and all 1400 men funneled through the 1 gate at the same time.

Perhaps there is another file that does fort sieges?

Thought we are going to see this mod a lot earlier, been waiting for this a looonnnng time

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Tried out the mod and it caused crashes. Was able to replicate the crash during combination land and sea battles and siege battles. Not quite sure what the problem could be.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."