View Poll Results: What name for the Mod would you prefer. vote or the sea people will come for you!

Voters
542. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heroic Age: Total War

47 8.67%
  • Total War: Ancient Civilazations

39 7.20%
  • Total War: Dawn of Civilazations

73 13.47%
  • Total War: Age of Bronze

366 67.53%
  • Total War: Dusk of an Era

17 3.14%
Page 3 of 146 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Bronze - General Discussion

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

Default Re: Bronze Age: Total War [1400 - 1200 B.C.]

When in general it is, though you wont even need such a big man. A european/asian is enough.
    ofcourse not, dude!

One of the problems in warscape (and every other engine to be honest) is that you really can't properly represent the current situation to the fullest. Most europeans at that time, and not only, didn't have social classes, didn't have any sort of economy other than centralized planning and in many cases (if not all) there was an absence of state. So, how exactly you would represent that.... i have no idea. Of course Egypt, Troy, Hittites and others did have state and centralized power, taxation, social classes, slavery etc but for Europe.... not really.
    ever heard of the sky disc of nebra? the european standard measure of 82 cm that was used to build all ing stone circles in all of ing europe, eurasia and north africa?
    before the pyramids were built or anybody else used to use the stars as agricultural planting calendar (sky disc of nebra).

ofcourse we dont know much about them. but they were excellent metallurgist and definitely had a complex sytem of social structures and classes.
    its very probably that the "druids" were an international, intellectual caste that can easily compete with the near eastern, mesopotamian and egyptian mathematicians

Hoooly Yes Yes >Yes< For god's love! I Wold love a mod in that era. It is a Genius Idea, and I wold support it!!! I have always wanted to play a game in The Bronze Age, I hope you'll do so!
    haha i'll try my best! what name would you suggest for the mod? Bronze Age: Total War is already taken...

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

That does not mean there was a state. A tribe was a number of "genes" (meaning family clans) together, and a said tribe would participate in diplomatic events through delegates, but that is pretty much all there is to it.

thats true
    so we could say it was "terra incognita" or maybe we find a mycenaean name for the territories north of dacia/thracia, italia, illyria, iberia and massilia....
    OR we find the newest in archeology and ths tells us sth about tribal alliances.

I think Engels explains it perfectly in "Der Ursprung der Familie, des Privateigenthums und des Staats". I don't think you'd need anything else.

Friends!
    We respect other people's work. It is wonderful that the new commands create new mods of the times before the era of classical antiquity. But the name "Bronze Age: Total War" is already used by our team for our project:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mp-download%29

At present time the development is based on the Rome Total War, but in the future we will continue to work on the mod based on Total War: Rome II.
    Therefore, to avoid confusion in the future, we ask you to change the name of your project. We hope for your understanding.

Yours truly,
    "Bronze Age: Total War" team.

Yes, if you could take the needed seconds of time to read that Punitor is already trying to find a new name....

These are some good illustrations by Janet Graham Johnstone for the Iliad and Odyssey. You can draw some artistic inspiration from them.

http://www.matia.gr/7/71/7106/7106_5_19.html

YES i would buy R2TW just to get this mod...just a quick question...are you planning on doing anything in regards to the Sea Peoples/Philistines? They gave Egypt quite some trouble and spent some time fighting it out with Israel. they've always been a pretty cool faction to me, as is Israel, who had some conflict with the Arameans and Assyrians

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ComnenusTheOne View Post
    These are some good illustrations by Janet Graham Johnstone for the Iliad and Odyssey. You can draw some artistic inspiration from them.

Those are very nice illustrations. They emulate ancient art but give plenty of details.

YES i would buy R2TW just to get this mod...just a quick question...are you planning on doing anything in regards to the Sea Peoples/Philistines? They gave Egypt quite some trouble and spent some time fighting it out with Israel. they've always been a pretty cool faction to me, as is Israel, who had some conflict with the Arameans and Assyrians
    ofcourse, mate, it has even the potential to be the focus of the game.
    to defend the eastern mediterranian against the sea people invasion off the lukka lands would be a cool campaign aim.

nice, but they are wearing stuff from 7th century BC...

Friends!
    We respect other people's work. It is wonderful that the new commands create new mods of the times before the era of classical antiquity. But the name "Bronze Age: Total War" is already used by our team for our project:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mp-download%29

At present time the development is based on the Rome Total War, but in the future we will continue to work on the mod based on Total War: Rome II.
    Therefore, to avoid confusion in the future, we ask you to change the name of your project. We hope for your understanding.

Yours truly,
    "Bronze Age: Total War" team.
    as comnenus said....im looking for a new name, but it aint that easy

I said artistic inspiration, not realistic. I am sure they will come in handy somehow.

im looking for a new name, but it aint that easy
    "Heroic Age" maybe?
    As in Hesiod "Works and Days":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Heroic_Age

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Total War: Ancient Civilizations
    Total War: Dawn of Civilizations
    Total War: Age of Bronze
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Is there any info on the Building-Chain and Tech-Tree?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Try 'Expansion Age' or 'The Egress Age' ... some thoughts of mine ...

Also, I'd like to play as the Filipino Malays of the Philippines (if possible) or the 18th Dynasty Egyptians, and the Canaanites (for sure) on your mod, Sir PunitorMaximus!

wow thx, nice ideas about the name...

whoa, whoa easy there, first we will stick to the near east and the vanilla rome II map. we cant edit the campaign map yet!
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; September 24, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Names. I must say all those suggestions were good, but i would keep in mind of a more simple name, as it is not easy to find the mod with such names. I suggest that you'll try having a name more notice and interesting. I am not sure what. Maybe rome II Bronz era mod.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

I like Age of Bronze. But how about Age of Heroes?

reproductions of bronze age weapons: http://1501bc.com/nf_bronzes_eng.html

I Vote for Total War: Age of Bronze!