Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [Uchronia Barbarorum] v.1.05: Celtic Swords

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Uchronia Barbarorum] v.1.05: Celtic Swords

of course, but I need some time

the next expansion will be called "Wolves at the Gate", try to guess wich factions will be featured

oh, and there will be a couple of juicy news for the Romans (after all, the mod is centered on Rome)
    ====== "Worst English User" 2012/2014 Award Winner =======
    ===========Running for the 2015, support me.===========
    Uchronia Barbarorum v1.05 , ahistorical submod for Europa Barbarorum 1.2 WiP
    Another Story: The Greek Wars v1.0 , submod for The Greek Wars 1.1 WiP
    4th Age +1, v1.0 , submod for Fourth Age: Total War 2.6 WiP

Hello, man, I'm glad you're fine & happy new year!
    I'd say that I'm back just in time, but it has been like 2 weeks since you posted.
    If you're asking me, it's my ancestors, I guess, Getai.
    Regarding the "Wolves at the Gate" name, I knew this little story. Thing happens during the civil war between Caesar and Pompey, supposed location - in the court of Burebista, the ruler of the Getai. They we're discussing in what way they could make gains of the civil war in the detriment of Rome - take advantage of the given situation - and one of the tarabostes spoke out. While pointing his finger at the flocks on the hill nearby he said that while the dogs guarding the flocks might fight occasionally, whenever a wolf appears the dogs would join together and fight the wolf - as such with the Romans fighting between them and an outside threat.
    Well, the history showed that Burebista did try to get in between the Romans, but his bet on Pompey was a loosing one.

I haven't tested the Roman Generals, but after I will I will tell you my opinion on them. As an idea, I think it's pretty cool to have, but I need to see how they work in campaign.

However, I am curious to see the twist you make with the Wolves at the Gate expansion. It's interesting seeing this develop in almost a standalone and a must mod for EB. nice, nice

Off-topic: Also, you're politicians are making trips to Moscow - don't be backstabbers, thank you. Bleep man, I wanted to end the post on a positive note but, yeah, it's me, I had to drop this. :-s

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad-Tudor View Post
    Hello, man, I'm glad you're fine & happy new year!
    I'd say that I'm back just in time, but it has been like 2 weeks since you posted.
    If you're asking me, it's my ancestors, I guess, Getai.
    Regarding the "Wolves at the Gate" name, I knew this little story. Thing happens during the civil war between Caesar and Pompey, supposed location - in the court of Burebista, the ruler of the Getai. They we're discussing in what way they could make gains of the civil war in the detriment of Rome - take advantage of the given situation - and one of the tarabostes spoke out. While pointing his finger at the flocks on the hill nearby he said that while the dogs guarding the flocks might fight occasionally, whenever a wolf appears the dogs would join together and fight the wolf - as such with the Romans fighting between them and an outside threat.
    Well, the history showed that Burebista did try to get in between the Romans, but his bet on Pompey was a loosing one.
    Point for you, but the Getai would not be the only one

I haven't tested the Roman Generals, but after I will I will tell you my opinion on them. As an idea, I think it's pretty cool to have, but I need to see how they work in campaign.
    As a note, while testing another faction, I battled a Roman Army with a Tribunus Militum, I don't know how the AI managed, but still he was a proper Roman Officer, I'm quite happy even the AI can use said units

However, I am curious to see the twist you make with the Wolves at the Gate expansion. It's interesting seeing this develop in almost a standalone and a must mod for EB. nice, nice
    While I'm trying to give a definite and paersonal character to every faction, the main problem is that I'm not an expert of certain factions, so the things are lagging a little
    (not to mention, I'm helping with EBNOM)

Off-topic: Also, you're politicians are making trips to Moscow - don't be backstabbers, thank you. Bleep man, I wanted to end the post on a positive note but, yeah, it's me, I had to drop this. :-s
    If think that, more than backstabbers, what the guy made was something along the lines of "ehi, if you continue trying to be a badass, we can't sell you our amazing wine, don't you want some wine?"

Hey Ryoga84,
    I just got RTW Alexander on steam and really want to integrate this kickass submod with the Legion Submod (or ideally Jirsy's submod for Alex.exe). Rather than manually going through each file, do you have any tips to merge your files with the Jirsy's files? It would be really sick to use specific legions with Hellenic cataphracts haha. Or if this is too crazy, do you have any submod recommendations that can work for Alex and your mod?

uhm...
    it coud be somewhat problematic, as I modified heavily all the DMB, EDU, EDB, text description files and the trait system (not to mention, from the next version, even the scripts)...

maybe it could be simpler to integrate in my files the units from the Legion Submod (upgrade the UB files to Alex, then past the legion files in the Barracks A and B of the EDB, modify the legions entry in the EDU and DMB, then pray), but I can't assure you any result...

I was planning an upgrade for UB to Alex with various submods, but only after completing this mod for vanilla EB

any new updates?

real life caught up to me, in the end
    so, there will be more delays, I'm sorry :<

well, the real life is more important

Hi guys

a couple weeks ago I began working again on this mod and I've actually done around 50% of the work regarding the version 1.06.

Main problem is, I added a long-run new trait system, and I need a dedicated player that can alpha-test this version (not 10 hours/day, as long as you play steadily)

Well, I could give it a shot if you want.

Cool
    i'll PM the details

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

Ooh, I'm glad that I check the EB forums from time to time. This looks great. I always wanted to be able to make a Pan-Celtic empire of sorts. Unifying the diaspora can actually be a thing now!

Free Kekistan

I'm happy to have you here

By the way, I'm making a version 1.06, in some week I should complete it and, hopefully, upload.

There will be some juicy update:
    -Reformed factions: Getai and Sweboz
    -2 New Mercenary Generals
    -A recruitable carthaginian officer
    -An additional lineage system for the Romans

Hi Ryoga, gonna test your submod soon, seems to give a lot of life to EB. Excellent work, also do you still plan a update? Would love to see an expanded roster for Sweboz!

Is this compatible with Jirisys mod? Kinda would like these to be interchangeable =S

I followed the installation instructions. I get the Uchronia splash screen on startup, but then the game terminates. I made sure to delete map.rwm from ..\EB\Data\world\maps\base and there is no change.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234