Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Uchronia Barbarorum] v.1.05: Celtic Swords

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Uchronia Barbarorum] v.1.03: Western Gentries

Of course
    (by the way, would you like to beta-test the Koinon Hellenon Campaing?)
    ====== "Worst English User" 2012/2014 Award Winner =======
    ===========Running for the 2015, support me.===========
    Uchronia Barbarorum v1.05 , ahistorical submod for Europa Barbarorum 1.2 WiP
    Another Story: The Greek Wars v1.0 , submod for The Greek Wars 1.1 WiP
    4th Age +1, v1.0 , submod for Fourth Age: Total War 2.6 WiP

Yes, I could.

Is this the EB-submod you asked me some time ago, to allow you to use/modify my ExUIM for?

Nice job! Sadly I've not got EB1 installed atm after my fairly recent OS reinstallation. And since EB2 is going to be released in august 2014, I'm probably not going to be playing it any time soon. But if, this one is on my list.

Regards and +rep!

EDIT: sorry I can't give you +rep atm

Thank you!

I'll try to make an upgraded version asap

come another version?

yes, the betatesters are currently playing working on it

the interested factions shall be this time: Makedonia, Epeiros and Koinon Hellenon

Makedonia will get a massive enlargement of the factional troops

Koinon Hellenon will try to enroll hoplite-like troops from all around the world

Epeiros will recruit different types of units, changing strategy in each different area.

As a sidenote, has been added a Greek Infantry Mercenary General (only in western and central Mediterranean Sea), instead of the Hellenistic one, and all the non-elite slingers got some modify, for the sake of trying to prevent the AI "slingers overspawn" and lowering their overall effectiveness
    Last edited by Ryoga84; August 22, 2014 at 03:27 PM.

Are you working on Macedonia?

You are forgiven

Thanks!^^
    you'll get an awesome macedonia

Default Re: [Uchronia Barbarorum] v.1.04: The Western Greeks

UPDATE!!!

Epiros, Koinon Hellenon and Makedonia got revised version!

with a gift for the roman-lovers

Will test it now. Starting a new Koinon Hellenon campaign, I think.

Finally here!
    thank-you

Thank you for playing

dimnjacar's Avatar Civis

Will try it when I finish my Sauromate campaign
    I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know

Hello! (long time no speak)

Congrats for applying the EUI mod to your mod nice job, really much better.

As far as I played, the Romans seem to have the most complete units for now. Quarthadast also and the Greek Cities.

Well, so I lengthy took my time and went through all the three greek factions campaign using your mod. I find the unit additions refreshing and balanced. Any bugs that I found I sent you and you fixed them

1. Regarding the Romans, I still think a half size unit for Triari is not the best choice, a longer recruitment time or/and a bigger upkeep would be more fitting. As a Roman player would be more inclined to recruit mercenaries rather then the factional Triari because they are so few per unit. Which is against the historical account that the roman army was very much national (when speaking of the heavy infantry core). The op triari unit with command aura is, however a good thing. Those could be a smaller number unit, it would be balanced. Same thing goes for the Vasci infantry for the Lusitani. I, personally, favour a longer recruitment time, even 5 turns rather then a smaller unit number / unit. I won't go for the elite unit if more basic numerous units do the job much better at a low price > makes the elite pointless but for the looks, which on the majority are awesome

2. Question: Is it impossible to add a second weapon to the Hoplites? At least the Syracusan ones and the more specialized ones, maybe. The Spartans had secondary weapons, but generally all have. I heard somewhere it was impossible in RTW, but it works for the Hyspastistai ( spear + longsword ).

3. One idea I applied to my Getai reforms is the ability to make the reforms when the player wants and feels they are appropriate.

here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Roman-Reforms

Also those reforms giving changes to building trees in cities if a welcoming addition. I did something like that in my little changes for the Getai. I might take a look again over this mod I made before and make it more complete. And if you want any change in yours you can include this, discuss ideas and make the changes. Either you and me. For now, I still think EB II is a bit lacking (+ I got a bit used to editing certain things in EB I) so I invest in making this a more pleasurable experience.

I'd love if you can give me some input or think of something more for the Getai reforms. Personally I usually end up playing really long campaigns with them and I find them under powered later on as the campaigns progress.

4. I definitely forgot to mention a lot of stuff, feel like I omit to tell you something.

Yes another thing what would be awesome to be applied to the reforms. Adding additional ethnicities as you expand. For instance, if you start a campaign with say Casse if you edit the descr_strat in world\campaign (i think) you can have Galatians as all the family members. I don't know how to add aditional ones rather than mod them in through this method, for now. Any ideas, let me know.
    Also, one thing i found out, sometimes the FM that are outsiders have bad sperm or some or don't like sex so you get really little kids from them. I had one time, tho' when I bribed a Heterogenous character from Arche Seleucheia in my Getai faction and in 3 generations half of my FM were Heterogenous. They were like rabbits. Maybe a major faction and it's ethnicities have more fertility (requires clarification?). Anyway, that thing killed the vibe of that campaign for me.

Sorry Vlad, I was away for almost 2 months and then 1 month in hospital, so I missed this reply

I'll work on these suggestions ASAP

by the way, I'm working on UB 1.05, this time the upgraded factions will be the Celts... Arverni, Aedui and Casse!

As such I'd like to ask, someone particularly liked or disliked the ROMAN GENERAL SUB-MOD?
    Personally I'd like to add it permanently in the mod, but I'd also like to listen some more views regarding the subject
    Last edited by Ryoga84; January 13, 2015 at 06:55 PM.

hey, welcome back. hope nothing to serious in hospital. i was waiting for an update of the mod so far i liked epirus the most. never tried before this submod, but with expanded roster i must say i enjoyed it very much. cant wait for hayasdan and pahlava or baktria. and for roman general submod, i liked it, i prefer to avoid those traits

Quote Originally Posted by trenktas View Post
    hey, welcome back. hope nothing to serious in hospital.
    no problem, I simply got drunk (hard drunk ) and fallen down, hittin my head. Then the doctor persuaded himself I was epileptic and locked me in hospital for almost 20 days (I got out just before christmas °__° ), in the end the hospital struck me worst than the fall, as 20 days in those beds are a torture, my back is in pieces -__-

Quote Originally Posted by trenktas View Post
    i was waiting for an update of the mod so far i liked epirus the most. never tried before this submod, but with expanded roster i must say i enjoyed it very much. cant wait for hayasdan and pahlava or baktria. and for roman general submod, i liked it, i prefer to avoid those traits
    Thank you

as for the hayasdan and pahlava I planned them in the last upgrade (the sixth), Baktria will be in the fifth
    (the celtic one will be the third, but I think it will not need much time )
    Last edited by Ryoga84; January 13, 2015 at 07:36 PM.

"good" doctor
    well, i got time, so keep them coming

Default Re: [Uchronia Barbarorum] v.1.05: Celtic Swords

UP!
    Uchronia Barbarorum 1.05 is out

-Added the submod "Roman Officers" Mod to the main game
    Essentially, this mod transforms the Roman "officers" units in general units, changing the trait system so that said officers cannot become client rulers. To achieve this, you must train the "officer" unit, and then keep it within the walls of Rome for one turn, as for a client ruler. The unit will then get the trait "Roman Military Officer" instead of the "Recruited General". The Roman Officers get as standard a bonus for fighting slaves, and are removed from most of the positive trait gained while governing cities, even if they got no malus (that's not their job), they get some other bonuses as commanders and should not ever gain the traits "Impostor" or "Interloper"

-Reformed the roman settlements at game-start.
    In the 272 a.C., none of these areas has the full roman citizenship (Civitas sine suffragio = Provincia Romana = Capua/Campania, Arretium/Etruria ; Municipium optimo iure or Municipium sine suffragio = Lightly Romanized Province = Arpi/Apulia, Ariminum/Umbria) now they have lesser government building, lesser factional barracks and higher regional barracks. Furthermore, as at the time there were a lot of greek colonies in Apulia and Campania, I added the Greek Classical Hoplites in those region for the Roman roster (and now the regional barracks have a real function in those regions).

-Modified the 2 Triarii units.
    As noted by QuintusSertorius in the "Guide to Conduct Becoming of a True Roman" (read the EB guides, they're interesting), the Triari unit size was half the size of Principes-Hastati one. But, as the First Cohorts can't be the double of normal cohorts, then a semi-elite unit should not be neccessarily half the size of standard units. So (as noted by Vlad-Tudor), the Triari are now three-quarters of the Hastati/Principes ones, with costs and upkeep adapted.

-Changed size, costs and upkeep of 2 more units (Ebherni Armoured Shock Infantry and Goidilic Shock Infantry).
    Now recruitable again, for the Casse.

-Added 6 units (Arverni Nobles, Carnute 'Druidic' Heavy Infantry, Ebherni Armoured Shock Infantry, Gaut Spearmen,
    Germanic Club Infantry, Goidilic Shock Infantry) to the Casse roster and modified/enlarged the AoR for 6 units (Celtic Chariots, Goidilic Cavalry, Goidilic Light Infantry, Goidilic Noble Infantry, Goidilic Spearmen Levy).

-Added 6 units to the Aedui (Arverni Nobles, Galatian "Wild Men" Infantry, Iberian Light Cavarly, Iberian Medium Cavarly, Iberian Medium Infantry, Samnite Spearmen) roster and modified/enlarged the AoR for 12 units (Boii Swordsmen, Caledonian Noble Cavalry, Celtiberian Heavy Infantry, Druids, Gallic Heavy Swordsmen, Gallic Noble Cavarly, Gallo-Thracian Infantry, Goidilic Light Infantry, Goidilic Spearmen Levy, Lugian Swordsmen, Massilian Medium Hoplites, Siluri Warband).

-Added 6 units to the Arverni (Carnute 'Druidic' Heavy Infantry, Chatti Spearmen, Chauci Spearmen, Cherusci Swordmen, Galatian "Wild Men" Infantry, Triballi Infantry) roster and modified/enlarged the AoR for 13 units (Caledonian Noble Cavalry, Celtiberian Heavy Infantry, Celto-Germanic Cavalry, Celto-Germanic Spearmen, Druids, Gallic Heavy Swordsmen, Gallic Noble Cavarly, Gallo-Thracian Infantry, Goidilic Light Infantry, Goidilic Spearmen Levy, Lugian Swordsmen, Massilian Medium Hoplites, Siluri Warband).

Default Re: [Uchronia Barbarorum] v.1.05: Celtic Swords

hey Ryoga. how is it going with 1.06? hope u r still working on it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast