Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Uchronia Barbarorum] v.1.05: Celtic Swords

Ryoga84's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Uchronia Barbarorum] v.1.02

Sorry, I didn't notice the Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad-Tudor View Post
    Later edit: I used the 1.02 version a bit. One thing I went back and forth about is the triari. Considering the unit limit, I would very much think that you should leave the unit to a normal unit number and maybe improve the cost. The player can make in their army a lesser number of triari.
    As it is now, if I need a spear unit the Ligurians offer me a better unit than the native considering the 20 units limit per army. If the armies we're unlimited then, yes it would be fair and accurate to keep the unit to half size. What do you think?
    I think it was a misconception on my judgement:
    I didn't really accounted the Triari as line-infantry, more as a "last ace in your sleeve" if things don't go well.
    by the way, if you want, I can release a patch with standard-sized Triari and other things

Also, the Advanced Unit info that you mentioned, the text export unit with the more information unit wise will it be available for your mod?
    could you rephrase? I didn't understood
    ====== "Worst English User" 2012/2014 Award Winner =======
    ===========Running for the 2015, support me.===========
    Uchronia Barbarorum v1.05 , ahistorical submod for Europa Barbarorum 1.2 WiP
    Another Story: The Greek Wars v1.0 , submod for The Greek Wars 1.1 WiP
    4th Age +1, v1.0 , submod for Fourth Age: Total War 2.6 WiP

Default Re: [Uchronia Barbarorum] v.1.03: Western Gentries

I just changed the edu to have full size units 5 minutes ago.
    Yes, I wanted to tell you something. The EUI mod isn't included in your mod and I think you mentioned it here, hmm. It would be really useful, I added it also for my copy. For 1.2 I just added the description for your new triarii unit and it was good to go.
    I added only the text export unit from it for the advanced statistics. If I'm right, for the units you added you just have to add the description in the export unit text after you have the eui mod added to your eb install folders.
    What i was telling you before and now is this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pen-source-mod

Omg, I'm eager to try the steal system and the naval units. Sounds really fun
    About the steal feature, can you tell what cities are going to yield troops?

About the triarii. What do you think the Romans would do if they suddenly want a spear unit for a line infantry? Would they go for a holpite unit out of their system or something roman? I haven't read the historical background for the triarii change yet, so I'm only speaking from a player perspective not a historical one.
    Last edited by Vlad-Tudor; February 17, 2014 at 08:51 AM.

I just changed the edu to have full size units 5 minutes ago.
    Yes, I wanted to tell you something. The EUI mod isn't included in your mod and I think you mentioned it here, hmm. It would be really useful, I added it also for my copy. For 1.2 I just added the description for your new triarii unit and it was good to go.
    I added only the text export unit from it for the advanced statistics. If I'm right, for the units you added you just have to add the description in the export unit text after you have the eui mod added to your eb install folders.
    What i was telling you before and now is this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...pen-source-mod
    oh, the Extended Unit Info Mod
    I haven't still included it in the mod (with Casual Tactician approval, I plan of doing it in future, when UB will be complete), at the moment the only thing I've included is the lethality change for those 8 units.

Omg, I'm eager to try the steal system and the naval units. Sounds really fun
    About the steal feature, can you tell what cities are going to yield troops?
    at the moment only the city of Carthage with the Lusotannan.
    I planned to do a little change on the building tree for a better use of the system, but some referenced file give me CTD, so I had to postpone.

by the way, there's a file in the archive, tables.txt.
    It's a little messy, but all you need is there: modified AoR and modified recruitment requirements; new units and all.

About the triarii. What do you think the Romans would do if they suddenly want a spear unit for a line infantry? Would they go for a holpite unit out of their system or something roman? I haven't read the historical background for the triarii change yet, so I'm only speaking from a player perspective not a historical one.
    Well... all of these are personal fancies,
    but when I play Rome and I need some spearmen I usually use Samnites Spearmen in italy, Hoplites in southern italy and Sicily, Celtic or Ligurian Spearmen in northern italy.
    I always have a couple of Triari in my army, but I use them only if the enemy army is superior than mine.
    For one, they are a tier-4 unit, almost elite, and I don't like to waste elite units (even when their cost is low).
    As secondary, there's roleplay (I really like roleplay in Europa Barbarorum, even more in my mod ). Before Polybian Era I usually build factional barracks above level 3 only in Latium and in Polybian Era only in Latium, Etruria, Apulia and sometimes Campania.
    This way, it's harder to retrain the Triari and I need to take good care of them.

But, anyway, I account the Triari as the Spartans of the early Roman army. If you need a unit that can hold the line before swarms of enemies and not run away, call 'em in. But if I have to deal with pipsqueaks, there're a lot of other units around...
    Last edited by Ryoga84; February 17, 2014 at 04:17 PM.

The tables.txt is quite clear and straightforward. I checked it and used it at 1.02 also.

Regarding spears, I actully found myself having Spartans defending a bridge next to the Sweboz capital while playing the romans. This because the phalangitai loose their formation silly when the pass is shallow water and not a proper bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan
    "And this is how, Antigone and Diocles, my beautiful kids we ended up as the only Greek speakers of Northern Europe. And that blonde barbarian of yours, going back and forth calling her mother. "

a question for my 4 players:
    for the next expansion, you would prefer a Celts or Greek edition?

Whichever you also enjoy more developing. For me, I'd like to have it for the Getai, but I'd gladly play an campaign with a Greek or Celt faction if you want to make one.
    I didn't yet try the Lusotan changes as they aren't really my favorite faction.

Then I'll go with the Western Greeks (Koinon Hellenon, Makedonia and Epeiros)

I would rather .. for Carthage

But you can not have everything ..

Macedonia is also cool

Carthage is already done

sorry
    when I ask
    but come new units for Carthage

could you rephrase, please?

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Some very good ideas here !

I'd love to test this mod but I just started a Roman Jirisy's MM Alex campaign and I want to play until I can recruit one of those individual named legions !

But as soon as I can, I'll test this one :-) Hail to RTW WIP mods !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Thank you! =)
    and I'm still developing it, so you can come back later for a bigger and better mod

by the way, the only problem is that I need to beta-test each and every faction, so I have to play a campaign with each faction... even with the cheats it's still a lot of time -___-''

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga84 View Post
    Thank you! =)
    and I'm still developing it, so you can come back later for a bigger and better mod

by the way, the only problem is that I need to beta-test each and every faction, so I have to play a campaign with each faction... even with the cheats it's still a lot of time -___-''
    I suppose you need very serious and free of time beta testers but I could play a few turns with one faction and send you my impressions. I would just need to install EB and ur submod in my untouched RTW/BI folder I guess.

But it's not possible before end of june/july.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

no problem

I''m happy with just the thought

version 1.04 is currently at 30% , I finished beta-testing the Makedonian Campaign
    next is the Epeirote one.

Woohoo

Need someone to play the whole campaign to the end? I can but probably only like an hour a day so might take a month lol

If you're willing, then I'd like it!

Hi, mate
    I've been looking forward to next version (and EB 2 like everyone else, duh). I played and enjoyed 1.03.

I was wondering if it was ok to add the mod to a mod pack: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Barbarorum-1-2
    Would that be ok?
    Thanks anyways for the nice mod !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast