Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DARTH MOD ROMA SURRECTUM 3.

Default Re: GRANTOZ DARTH EXTREME AI FOR RS 2.6 version 2 with 4TPY and SHORTER BATTLES OPTIONS

Thanks dude !

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: GRANTOZ DARTH EXTREME AI FOR RS 2.6 version 2 with 4TPY and SHORTER BATTLES OPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    yes its for the play 1 turn folder... read the op , rome 1 turn soon.......try the arcade folder first if its too fast go to the next folder and so on ,
    i am currently playing carthage on x1 longer h/h and i find this a good challenge and balance between fun and hard work. ps ...yes you can play on m/m if you like with bi/alex or vanilla .exe
    What is the recommended battle speed for the ai? I would prefer to have x2 longer but I dont know if the ai performs better on x1 or original.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

X1.....there is less time in the battle to make ammends for any mistakes , i have lost some battles on x1 against the ai , keep an eye on your supplys they play a vital role in your morale especialy later in the game when it gets more crowded and more vital decisions need to be made , your holding front line can buckle fast if your men are hungry or starving....x2 will still be hard but there will be more time to get around the enemy , remember also cavalry are not what they were , expect heavy losses if the charge is into spears, but heavy cavalry are still boss {use wisely}, archers slingers and skirmishers can get a few frontal kills on x1 also , i find x1 fun,hard work and challenging...also fighting north is a nightmare so plan it well in advance.................i recommend x1 h/h battle timer off, open formation..............good luck ......PS you CAN change the edu files mid campaign, so if x1 is not to your liking put in the x2 edu file only and delete map.rwm and continue
    Last edited by GRANTO; October 14, 2013 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks but out of curiosity (because I cant test the edus at the moment), how does x1 compare to the darthmod rome battle speeds? That was the last mod I used and they were as well pretty long so Im looking for something a little faster

just had a couple of goes on darth mod custom battles ......x1 of my mod is prob a bit faster than darth mod , arcade is defo faster x2 would be slower,
    bear in mind compared to the original rs2 battles 40 mins +........ my 3 options are a good way back from that {death rate wise}
    i suggest you try x1 first and take it from there,
    Last edited by GRANTO; October 14, 2013 at 07:06 PM.

Anyway if I take x1 and play on M battles, will be faster than yours on H battles?(lower morale for ai)
    ''When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace''.Jimi Hendrix

@johnny_b_good yes will be faster but also possibly easier

A question on the ai, do they still do the kamikaze General charge or no? If so than can the general get increased hitpoints so they don't die so easy

you should only see that rarely on the 3 folders i done{more vulnerable stats}
    its funny because the way i see it.... giving him more hit points is likely to make him do just the thing that your trying to avoid{general feels like superman with 5 hit points , pc calculates that he can charge right in on his own like a berserk unit, general gets surrounded and mowed down eventualy before the rest of his army even catches up}
    i have noticed that making generals weaker is a better deterent and is something im looking at,
    please report any situations if this happens as its something im interested in fixing {as much as possible} ...ta

Lol well 1 hitpoint for the general does sound more realistic now that you mention it. They didnt have two lives ... wives are another matter

It could well be a bug in the engine as well and iv seen it happening on rtw, mtw , etw, ntw, s2tw and judging by rome2 the ai seems to have gotten even worse lo ...lthe ai in total war is poor .but by severely handicaping the player and with a half decent formations file it can become playable and a chalenge ..............it is what it is......................but dont we love it
    Last edited by GRANTO; October 15, 2013 at 08:20 PM.

Is there error of balancing in your three edu files ?
    In the original, Boii heavy spearmen are way better than cimbri's one, and in your edu, they are balanced (one has a better defense, and the ither one has a better attack)

i will check that ....isnt it just the same in my edu....... cimbri have better attack ..boii have better defense? its just a different balance....boii still have 5x the armour of cimbri{as in original} cimbri have better attack as in original edu}...if these are the units that you are refering to
    Last edited by GRANTO; October 16, 2013 at 01:23 PM.

Thank you so much for this submod!

Sorry for the noob question but do the faster battlespeeds affect custom battles?

@sd_man...no....but if you put the fast battle edu in the data folder it will {make a back up copy of the original} delete maps.rwm

Thanks, how about the extreme darth ai? Do I have to change some files as well?

I get some errors when extracting with WinRar, dont know why... Does it works only with 7-zip?

@sd_man you wll not get any of the command star stuff going on or the supplys trait in custom battles....it will just be the formations and the edu so best to start a campaign
    @achillies lacedaemon....yes 7 zip is good for now , i will do a rar version once ive tuned the mod in a bit more

Are you open to requests?

( I mean, a 0-turn campaigns version )
    Last edited by Achilles Lacedaemon; October 17, 2013 at 09:16 PM.