Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Epirote Expansion Project (EEP) [Updated 01/06/2014] -patch8.1 compatible!

Default Re: Epirote Expansion Project (EEP) [Updated 9/26/2013]

got cant get them to work for Daori, or Delmetae... but i did get it for Ardeiai... dont know what i did wrong hahaha

crashes my game
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

Do overhaul mods that change attack damage and moral change these new units as well?

oh no, its not my additions... the mod itself just crashes the game now... hmmm
    -Latin Proverb-

Quote Originally Posted by Killergold88 View Post
    oh no, its not my additions... the mod itself just crashes the game now... hmmm
    I'd suggest downloading a fresh copy. Also, are you running any other mods? Does mod manager report any conflicts?

yea i have a few mods, installed worked fine yesterday, and no MM doesnt report confliction, its why im puzzled
    ill try to redown, and see what happens
    -Latin Proverb-

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Hey guys...Is this mod compatible with Radious mods and unit pack???

Thanks...

It should run, though there appear to be some conflicts and the unit stats have not been adjusted in line with that mod. Honestly, I only test against vanilla versions of the game so maybe someone familiar with running this against Radious' work could report back on this.

I was having some trouble getting some of my infantry to fire at will, but I found that it was caused by a conflict with the Pikemen Only Use Pike mod. Fortunately that is probably my least necessary mod so I took it out and now everything seems to work great with Lines of Battle, the City Recruitment Mod, Improved Mercenary Camp 2.1, and a bunch of other little mods. I did a little editing of your units' attack values to bring them in line with Lines of Battle and it seems well balanced.

Only thing I might ask you to consider is the spacing on the Chaionian Heavy Peltasts. They seem to lose a lot of men upon initially entering melee, especially with Lines of Battle due to it forcing them to keep their spacing and leave the front row hanging. They do have shield wall which tightens up their ranks, but its a little awkward to have to charge them in then wait a while for their formation to kick in. If they had the same spacing as the Illyro-Italian Infantry this wouldn't be the case. Though possibly this would make them too effective with their fairly high melee stats. Something to consider anyway.

Very excited to give these all heavier skirmishers a go. And I really like the look of all of your elite infantry. Capes, armor, and helmets all done very well. Thanks for all the work you put into this!

Quote Originally Posted by Aelexander View Post
    It should run, though there appear to be some conflicts and the unit stats have not been adjusted in line with that mod. Honestly, I only test against vanilla versions of the game so maybe someone familiar with running this against Radious' work could report back on this.
    So maybe you want to adjust them accordingly??? cause most people use Radious mods and it will be a pity to not use them along with your fine mod...
    Thanks...

sorry but this mod dont work together with Magnar mod. i see only 2 conflicts, remove them but dont work. only if i dont use Magnar mod. any solutions? bcs. Magnar is my favourite mod in campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    So maybe you want to adjust them accordingly??? cause most people use Radious mods and it will be a pity to not use them along with your fine mod...
    Thanks...
    I personally don't like a lot of the changes his overhaul makes to the game (and thus I don't play with it nor do I have a firm grasp on what would need to be edited to get this mod in line with the rest of the roster). Frankly, balance is already problematic without having to release multiple versions to remain compatible with all the various combat/stat tweaking mods out there. While Radious' overhaul is popular, it is by no means representative of what a majority of players are running (many only use unit packs), and the fact that there are literally a wall of 'combat fix' mods clogging the front-page tells me that many people have their own idea regarding how combat should behave in Rome 2, so favoring one over any of the others can turn people off and make my life a nightmare. This unit pack is designed to be run against the vanilla version of the game and is balanced accordingly. If there's something I can do with default formations that can address broader issues I'm more than happy to tweak things to make them a bit more playable tho. That said, if someone wants to volunteer to maintain a branch of this project with unit value tweaked for various combat overhauls feel free to contact me.

Only thing I might ask you to consider is the spacing on the Chaionian Heavy Peltasts. They seem to lose a lot of men upon initially entering melee, especially with Lines of Battle due to it forcing them to keep their spacing and leave the front row hanging. They do have shield wall which tightens up their ranks, but its a little awkward to have to charge them in then wait a while for their formation to kick in. If they had the same spacing as the Illyro-Italian Infantry this wouldn't be the case. Though possibly this would make them too effective with their fairly high melee stats. Something to consider anyway.
    Chaonian Peltastai use the same formation as the royal peltasts, which seem to fair reasonably well in combat, but I'll see what changing things up does to their primary matchup with tier 2 and 3 infantry.

sorry but this mod dont work together with Magnar mod. i see only 2 conflicts, remove them but dont work. only if i dont use Magnar mod. any solutions? bcs. Magnar is my favourite mod in campaign.
    I don't know what might be causing the crash. You can try changing the load order (run magnar ahead of your EEP version). Some people have reported running unit packs first causes crash-on-load.
    Last edited by Aelexander; September 30, 2013 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelexander View Post
    I personally don't like a lot of the changes his overhaul makes to the game (and thus I don't play with it nor do I have a firm grasp on what would need to be edited to get this mod in line with the rest of the roster). Frankly, balance is already problematic without having to release multiple versions to remain compatible with all the various combat/stat tweaking mods out there. While Radious' overhaul is popular, it is by no means representative of what a majority of players are running (many only use unit packs), and the fact that there are literally a wall of 'combat fix' mods clogging the front-page tells me that many people have their own idea regarding how combat should behave in Rome 2, so favoring one over any of the others can turn people off and make my life a nightmare. This unit pack is designed to be run against the vanilla version of the game and is balanced accordingly. If there's something I can do with default formations that can address broader issues I'm more than happy to tweak things to make them a bit more playable tho. That said, if someone wants to volunteer to maintain a branch of this project with unit value tweaked for various combat overhauls feel free to contact me.
    I understand it's ok...

Chaonian Peltastai use the same formation as the royal peltasts, which seem to fair reasonably well in combat, but I'll see what changing things up does to their primary matchup with tier 2 and 3 infantry.
    Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but going off the land_units table in Lines of Battle and Radious it looks like Royal Peltasts use the melee_inf_roman spacing whereas in EEP I see the Chaonians as missile_inf. Could be that they both changed it, but I think I remember them acting that way in vanilla too though I don't know how to see the vanilla values.

By the way, I don't think the AI will ever recruit new units unless you give them a value in cdir_military_generator_unit_qualities. If I am not mistaken, the AI looks at those tables to value the units it can build and then chooses the highest units that way.

Although if anyone has seen the AI recruit these units feel free to correct me, saves me time in my own modding ;p

Also, I believe you have a typo in your DB file for "test_units_to_groupings_military_permissions" well, it isn't actually a typo, I think CA actually did the typo. Anyways, the actual key for Epirus for military groupings is "Eprius" according to their groupings_military table.
    Last edited by Osbot; October 01, 2013 at 12:54 AM.

Could you make the Illyrian roster available to the Illyrian tribes as well? I find playing as Rome to be sadly lacking. There strongest unit are illyrian hoplites, which suck...

i would like to play as the Illyrians, and ive tried with no avail to move the roster to the Illyrians personally... i can for some reason get the right ones to go to the Ardieai, but every time i try to move the units also to the other Illyrian tribes i crash at the loading screen, and im not sure why
    I think this mod would absolutely take off if it hit the Illyrians with those units as well... like i said, i can get 1 of the 3 factions, but not the others
    -Latin Proverb-

Quote Originally Posted by hobozero View Post
    Pardon me if I'm mistaken, but going off the land_units table in Lines of Battle and Radious it looks like Royal Peltasts use the melee_inf_roman spacing whereas in EEP I see the Chaonians as missile_inf. Could be that they both changed it, but I think I remember them acting that way in vanilla too though I don't know how to see the vanilla values.
    You're correct, I will revert this in the next version.

By the way, I don't think the AI will ever recruit new units unless you give them a value in cdir_military_generator_unit_qualities. If I am not mistaken, the AI looks at those tables to value the units it can build and then chooses the highest units that way.
    This is a good tip, I'll include this table and see how the campaign AI shapes up.

Could you make the Illyrian roster available to the Illyrian tribes as well? I find playing as Rome to be sadly lacking. There strongest unit are illyrian hoplites, which suck...
    i would like to play as the Illyrians, and ive tried with no avail to move the roster to the Illyrians personally... i can for some reason get the right ones to go to the Ardieai, but every time i try to move the units also to the other Illyrian tribes i crash at the loading screen, and im not sure why I think this mod would absolutely take off if it hit the Illyrians with those units as well... like i said, i can get 1 of the 3 factions, but not the others
    Given the interest in the Illyrian factions, I will look in to expanding the roster permissions over to the tribes north of Epirus. There are still a couple of units left to develop (Eel Men, Aetolian Leukaspides [White Shields], and Elean Pezhetairos [Foot Companions]), but afterwards I will look into opening some of these units to other relevant factions.

Very impressed with the mod. Good to see someone who actually put in some research and effort into creating units that add to variety while still maintaining factional uniqueness. Much better than the drivel certain modders are putting out *cough*Radious*cough*. Excited to see the final product, which will hopefully come out around the same time I figure out how to survive more than a dozen turns as Epirus on Very Hard.

Thanks for this mod; excellent attention to historical accuracy as in the tradition of Rome Total Realism (the huge, possibly best mod series for RTW) and Europa Barbarum (also for RTW).
    RTR VII had Chaonian Agema (heavy spear-armed hypaspists) as Epirus' premier elite foot unit...which was was presumably historically accurate.

+rep

Can't wait for this mod!