Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Epirote Expansion Project (EEP) [Updated 01/06/2014] -patch8.1 compatible!

Default Re: Epirote Expansion Project (EEP) [Updated 9/19/2013]

Alternatively you can alt+right click to have them use melee weapons instead. This mod is exactly what Epirus needs. Before it was just a boring reskin of Macedon. Now it has a roster to rival the other major factions in game.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"

Has any other project made any progress on AOR-related issues? My only worry right now is the fact that some of the more advanced troops are recruitable anywhere you get a level 3 barracks. I'd like to include further restrictions for the late game. In testing I've also noted that some of the recruit and upkeep costs are a little too high for the relative unit quality. Feedback is helpful and the faster I get it the faster I can update things to make this remotely playable.

can limit the recruitment of a unit to a province main_units editing, specifically in region_unit_resource_requirement the end of the table, using the command Auxilia_local_Macedonia could only recruit in the province of Macedonia, I have no idea how to limit it to a city

Aelex, loving the mod so far -- it really makes Epirus worth playing.

I do have a question though about some of the javelin units, like the Illyro-Italian Infantry Cohort. My question is that, since they are supposed to fight in the style of a Roman legion, are you playing on making them throw javelins when they charge like the legions? I found this to be somewhat upsetting as they're basically a beefy a peltast unit due to the Fire At Will button. I think it might make them a bit better if they just had the throw-on-charge instead. ;o

EDIT: Just saw your post saying that it was intentional making them like that. So, I have a new question: Are you planning on making other, similar, units except with the ability to throw-on-charge?

EDIT 2: I'd like to report a bug. I didn't notice it with Epirus (because you planned it for those units) but as soon as I started a new Roman Campaign (mostly to compete with Epirus to see the challenge) I noticed that your mod changes the way the Roman Legions work. Instead of throwing their pila on charge, they now have a Fire At Will button and they now work like the Illyro-Italian Infantry Cohort.
    Last edited by inoksvere; September 20, 2013 at 05:01 AM.

dom385's Avatar Senator

I actually like the new fire at will thing, it seems to work with radious' battle mod too. I did notice a bug though, some units have their hair clipping through their helmets, it pretty easy to fix though.

In the missile table rome_pilum's precursor (fire on charge) option was set to false via the part of the Fire-at-Will mod I included with this release. I've uploaded a version that restores this ability for pilum-using units (eg; most of the roman roster). This actually makes them worse in terms of battle efficiency compared to the new units but otherwise it should keep things mostly vanilla friendly. The link is here, though. Let me know if the experience is improved at all for you.

Download mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5w...xz/EEP101.pack

@Dom385: which unit is clipping? I'll remove the hair from it for the next release.
    Last edited by Aelexander; September 20, 2013 at 09:10 AM.

dom385's Avatar Senator

It was the illyrian infantry, I think.

Default Re: Epirote Expansion Project (EEP) [Updated 9/20/2013]

!.0.2 is up with the relevant fixes. Short changelog in OP.

This wont work for me I pasted it in the data folder but dosent show up in either campaign or custom battle

Should have noted that you need to use the Mod Manager to get this to show up. I will include a link in the OP.

dom385's Avatar Senator

Hmm I'm still getting clipping on the illyrian infantry. It's even called EEP02 in the data folder (or something, there a 2 there somewhere) so I'm sure I downloaded the right one. What are the ilyrian infantry called in the variant mesh folder? I couldnt see them.

I have done some recoloring on the troops, the Forest green is now a bit darker to give it a more exclusive look, the pukey vomit color has been changed to a golden yellow without making it look too flamboyant, the white remains the same. I think they balance well together and makes for a nicer overall look.I've uploaded some screenshots to an imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/8PYta#7 (can't post them here as I'm limited at the moment)

OP updated!

New version 1.0.3 is here!

2 New units. Full balance pass on all stats! new faction colors! Fixed up the variantmeshes (no clipping hair!) Check out the first post for details, grab version 1.0.3 here; http://www.mediafire.com/download/pt...09/EEP103.pack

Enjoy!

Default Re: Epirote Expansion Project (EEP) [Updated 9/21/2013]

Looking for help sorting our AOR-effects. Has anyone had any success of late or know of any mods that handle AOR for non-Roman factions?

Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

Great mod! Makes Epirus a whole lot more fun to play. Got a slight problem with the latest update, though. It makes all enemies wear either pink or purple textures? theres no problem when im using the 102 release so ill keep running that one. It could be because im using the betapatch, maybe?

Seems to only pop up on beta3, trying to duplicate it now.

Edit: Try re-downloading EEP103 from the link above. If you are still getting the screwed up faction colors take a screenshot and post it here.
    Last edited by Aelexander; September 21, 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks for making this, my family comes Epirus, so I will enjoy this

Glad to hear it! Let me know how the new units work out for you.

The new Illyrian troops need some balancing. The Dardanians forgot how to throw their javelins, Illyrian warriors cost 190 to recruit but are just as strong as most tier 2 units, levy footmen are also very strong for being cheap as dirt with decent melee stats, lots of javelins, and the Grospromachoi need a little more staying power. They lose to militia hoplites for gods sake. That's awful for a unit that costs as much as they do. Increased armor (they're better armored than Illyrian infantry, but have worse armor stats?), and a bit more attack would make them a more useful unit but as it stands there's no reason to pick them at all. Also they need helmets. Levy spearmen might be a little to good in melee for their price, but they do run away rather quickly so I suppose that balances it out.

"In a man to man fight the winner is he with one more bullet in his clip."
    - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

"Suffer not the Witch to live, nor the Heretic to spread his lies!"