Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Persian Empire Mod [New units for Parthians]

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Default Re: Persian Empire Mod [New units for Parthians]

Quote Originally Posted by Micromoron View Post
    Well I put immortal spearmen and swordmen against a unit of standard pikemen and the swordmen got more and quicker kills
    Thanks, had just one fight. I think it just seemed like that cause swordmen died faster but thats very realistic. I will start my legendary campaign now
    Do not change the balance to fast, I agree with that. Visuals is awesome!

ok fixed immortal elephant stats

They have what i wrote in the preview: bonus % Indian armored ele
    +4 charge / +4 att / +4 def /+20 moral

new file up

If you want I could try and help with balancing the pack for radious battle mod

any helps is welcome. i have not started it

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

If you want I could try and help with balancing the pack for radious battle mod
    As alternative please cause I do not use radious battle mod.

this is ing great

will these units also be available for the minor nations too, or just straight up Parthia?
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Had my first to fights with parthia and I love it. Did not even get the immortals yet but the coloring looks so much epic!

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

When I improve my building to build immortals it replaces the desert swordmen. This means I have only a limited amount of immortals but cannot recruit other swordmen anymore.

Well bro I have some serious balancing issues and campaign problems.

- After you upgrade to nobles quarters you can no longer recruit desert swordsmen
    - Immortals cost nothing (Wat) and have too high upkeep (Lower the upkeep and make them expensive to recruit maybe?)
    - Immortal Infantry can be recruited too early (Move them to some higher tier building, they are all unlocked at the second tier infantry building which takes about 4 turns)

This makes the game comparatively easy as parthia, especially since the rest of the eastern world can't compete at all with your immortal spam and you crush everything in the east. Statwise those units are balanced, but the campaign values are not quite right yet.

hey guys desert swordmen are as the hillmen recrutable in levy 1 then levy light 2,3 and 4. Otherwise light way is useless for me. Maybe i should remove "the levy 1" to keep a coherence

Micromoron, that s the way i wanted them"Immortal units are a professional army with a very high moral, the best parthian infantry. They are in number limited / no cost to recruit in order to respect their historical fix number.Their upkeep cost reflect their high life level. They are easily recrutable (noble tier 2 / major city tier 2, to facilitate their fixed number in your empire)"They are recrutable early but when you have a little empire you can't support them. Do you play in legendary ?
    Last edited by Farsovereign; October 05, 2013 at 01:31 PM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Farsovereign View Post
    hey guys desert swordmen are as the hillmen recrutable in levy 1 then levy light 2,3 and 4. Otherwise light way is useless for me. Maybe i should remove "the levy 1" to keep a coherence

Micromoron, that s th way i wanted them

"Immortal units are a professional army with a very high moral, the best parthian infantry. They are in number limited / no cost to recruit in order to respect their historical fixed number.
    Their upkeep cost reflect their high life level. They are easily recrutable (noble tier 2 / major city tier 2, to facilitate their fixed number in your empire)"

They are recrutable early but when you have a little empire you can't support them. Do you play in legendary ?
    I have to admit I like it as it is. I had started a second time on legendary and build an immortal army now (having almost -1000 income per turn)
    But I could crush the enemy to the west which had a bigger army than mine (still lost almost half of my men)

Aaaahh, I get it. So I build the nobels quarter?! I need to build a levy in another town then

Well, could you maybe make a version where immortals are expensive to recruit, but cost not so much upkeep? Or could you tell me how to edit those stats so you don't have to do it?

I would really appreciate it, as I don't want to build a huge empire first to support my army variety..

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

You seemed to have fixed the floating swords when the immortal swordsmen charge but there is still the shadow/glow from the swords in the sky as you can see in the picture (it goes away when you try to get closer)

@Farsovereign: just started messing around with the mod, looks great, so far i moved some units around so the other eastern nations have access to them as well, wasnt aware of the no recruit cost but high upkeep, i may personally change that

models look fantastic!

i do have a very minor bug to report... your desert camel spearmen yell "Camel Archers!" when you select them

but if you are interested in the eastern factions all having recruitment options for these new units let me know, ill hook you up with the file... still want to make some minor roster changes, maybe add your desert units to the arabian kingdoms and so on, but dont have the time right now

and these are all personal updates for myself, but like i said, if you are interested in a copy please let me know, i am always willing to share

@LuciferHawk: I dont appear to have that issue??? settings all on ultra, but i do have GEM downloaded and im using that
    Last edited by Killergold88; October 05, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
    *Venienti Occurrite Morbo*
    Meet The Misfortune As It Comes
    -Latin Proverb-

"A house of judgment so divine,"
    "That we burn our brothers!"
    -Unearth - Hail the Shrine-

Quote Originally Posted by Killergold88 View Post
    but if you are interested in the eastern factions all having recruitment options for these new units let me know, ill hook you up with the file... still want to make some minor roster changes, maybe add your desert units to the arabian kingdoms and so on, but dont have the time right now

and these are all personal updates for myself, but like i said, if you are interested in a copy please let me know, i am always willing to share

I would really like the recruitment cost edit if you did that anyways. That way far won't have to mod just for me

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Well, could you maybe make a version where immortals are expensive to recruit, but cost not so much upkeep? Or could you tell me how to edit those stats so you don't have to do it?

I would really appreciate it, as I don't want to build a huge empire first to support my army variety..
    Quote Originally Posted by Killergold88 View Post
    @Farsovereign: just started messing around with the mod, looks great, so far i moved some units around so the other eastern nations have access to them as well, wasnt aware of the no recruit cost but high upkeep, i may personally change that

models look fantastic!

i do have a very minor bug to report... your desert camel spearmen yell "Camel Archers!" when you select them

@LuciferHawk: I dont appear to have that issue??? settings all on ultra, but i do have GEM downloaded and im using that
    I understand what farsovereign means and think it would make parthia unique to play. Those nobles are in the empire anyway and do not need to be trained so their cost is 0 and they are early available. I have two cities now and only one army with a half stack of immortals. Thats all I can pay for and that sounds fair. Their are not overpowered considering roman or other factions late army. It is also good that you get the trained parthian swordsmen after the immortals so you need to research before getting decent swordsmen that are cheaper. Immortals are like the special asset of parthia.
    Thats also the reason why I would not make them available for other factions (that you actually cant play). Also it would be absolutly weird to see immortals fight other immortals ...

I will check out that graphic issue further but no other unit has that and I did not have it before.

well, if people preferes a high recutment cost and a weak upkeep cost, I will think about it.

Killer thx for this report i will edit their voices.
    If you want to create a extended version to others easterns factions, I could post a link on the first page giving you credit for a "extended faction" version.

Lucifer you find some very strange bug , i will investigate !

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by Farsovereign View Post
    well, if people preferes a high recutment cost and a weak upkeep cost, I will think about it.

Killer thx for this report i will edit their voices.
    If you want to create a extended version to others easterns factions, I could post a link on the first page giving you credit for a "extended faction" version.

Lucifer you find some very strange bug , i will investigate !
    It is even in R2 vanilla and starts as soon as the immortal swordmen start moving.
    Definitly UFOs

To the upkeep/cost idea:
    It might be a good idea to switch everything to the other extrem (still would like it to be unique) which means 0 upkeep and something like 1500 - 2000 coins each for recruitment (and they will follow you until their death).
    What you get from that to support your own idea:
    - it fits the purpose to buy them into your army and they swore loyalty until their death (dismissing them wont make any sense cause of 0 upkeep)
    - compared to the other extreme it makes them the most valuable units in your army cause you invested alot into them (you cant just dismiss and recruit again) so they do not feel like mercenaries
    - they would feel even more unique and limited cause you dont want even one of them to die (even it is because of the high recruitment cost)

And do not worry it will not be able to exploit 0 upkeep cost as long as those units are limited. Letting them die to recruit them again for 0 upkeep cost makes no sense cause it is better for you to keep them alive which again fits the purpose of your own ideas and prevents the exploit.
    Last edited by Ganossa; October 05, 2013 at 02:31 PM.

here is some picture of the bugs and problems with note
    http://www.uplooder.net/cgi-bin/dl.c...9da687fe49da85
    i think you are the best modder of rome 2 and I want to thank you for making parthia stronger
    your units are perfect but please read the note and see the problems and bugs to make it beter