Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Persian Empire Mod [New units for Parthians]

Default Re: Persian Empire Mod [New units for Parthians]

How did you get together?
    numidian_basic_tunics.VariantMeshDefinition + african_headwraps.VariantMeshDefinition

Used another skin instead of that?
    eastern_headarmslegs.VariantMeshDefinition

“He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio Auditore da Firenze View Post
    How did you get together?
    numidian_basic_tunics.VariantMeshDefinition + african_headwraps.VariantMeshDefinition

Used another skin instead of that?
    eastern_headarmslegs.VariantMeshDefinition
    Look closely, there are 2 clothing slots.

Thx guy, i will try finish my next unit this week end.
    For the radious color, use PFM, then open the pack and go in the table ""factions_uniform_colours" and set the number as my mod for the "rom_parthia" row

Quote Originally Posted by Farsovereign View Post
    Look closely, there are 2 clothing slots.

Thx guy, i will try finish my next unit this week end.
    For the radious color, use PFM, then open the pack and go in the table ""factions_uniform_colours" and set the number as my mod for the "rom_parthia" row
    I want to add just the troops desert. I tried to create one before you see your mod.
    I used the same body of Numidian spearmen, but when I tried to put the masks ("african_headwraps") the body does not work.

How did you join these parts?

“He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog -- a Christian dog.”
    ― Ragnar Redbeard

Playing this mod, and really enjoying it thus far. It adds SO much to the Parthia roster that made me not really want to play them before, and that is any kind of unit variety.
    As a small point, I feel like the Immortals are a slight bit overpowered - at least the Immortal Spearmen were. The spearmen alone took down hundreds of horsearchers and only lost about 20pct of their stack after taking burning arrow fire for what feels like a decade.
    An even smaller point, the capitalization inconsistency irks my OCD nature. While every other unit name is Capitalized (IE Parthian Swordsmen), the Immortals have only "Immortal" capitalized (Immortal swordsmen, Immortal spearmen). Also, why are Immortal Chariots shortened to chars? That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Notees View Post
    Playing this mod, and really enjoying it thus far. It adds SO much to the Parthia roster that made me not really want to play them before, and that is any kind of unit variety.
    As a small point, I feel like the Immortals are a slight bit overpowered - at least the Immortal Spearmen were. The spearmen alone took down hundreds of horsearchers and only lost about 20pct of their stack after taking burning arrow fire for what feels like a decade.
    An even smaller point, the capitalization inconsistency irks my OCD nature. While every other unit name is Capitalized (IE Parthian Swordsmen), the Immortals have only "Immortal" capitalized (Immortal swordsmen, Immortal spearmen). Also, why are Immortal Chariots shortened to chars? That is all.
    Well spearmen have a bonus against cav ! They have hoplon so they don t fear archers

well new unit preview: Sogdian cavalry (mace)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As always, Farsovereign, such dedicated work came out as some fine piece. Can't wait to get my hands on those new cavalry units but one question comes to mind. Do you plan on maybe doing a unit expansion for the african kingdoms or arabian ones, something under that domain?

You seem really good at designing units in these categories, I'd like to see what you could create for the above.

Hello,
    this is a really great mod, i really like it!! There is just one thing which i noticed. When i select the units in the game for example in costum battles, the names on the units are shown like this "Immortal swordsmen" is there a way how i can change it, so it show the names like this "Immortal Swordsmen"? It is just about the first letter in the next word i personally like it when it looks like that. I am no modder or dont know to much about it so, is it possible?

nisebut it would be better if it had a shield like the immortal swords and had a dark silver helmet like the first parthian cavalry in this picture:http://iranpoliticsclub.net/photos/U...&%20Kushan.jpg
    Last edited by Shapur e Sassani; October 13, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

any news?

I cant load my parthia campaign after the patch 5. you should post your mod to workshop too

Does it work with patch 5? I startet a new campaign, with my old save game I can choose the new units but I have no idea where and how to recruit them

Lucien Von Carstein's Avatar Laetus

i Downloaded this, but it won't let me extract so i put it in the Data load it up with modmanager but nothing happens no new units and the faction's colour is the same, do i need the GEM mod for it to work or something?

I also have Radious' Pack which works fine i disabled it to see if it was that which was stopping it working (conflicting) but it still dosnt work, i just want the dark faction colour for Parthia to use with Radious' mod if someone could link a download, it would be much appreciated.

Removed all my other mods and trie to load this it says its loaded in the "Last used mods" in the appdata etc but it dosnt load so i give up gonna see if i can just change the colour of the faction myself

Sorry for spam messages but think i found out why it wont load apparently other people are having problems with reskin mods after patch 5

It doesn't work with last version of Rome 2

does your mod work with radious like would your colors overwrite his , i ask this since i know you guys worked together

In the launcher you can activate the mod, the new units won't appear because of Patch 5 but the spear bearers will have the much nicer colour.
    Btw post # 200

Khan84's Avatar Foederatus

Having trouble installing this via ModManager - Can anyone assist?

Thanks

The mod doesn't work with patch 5.