Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Persian Empire Mod [New units for Parthians]

Default Persian Empire Mod [New units for Parthians]

Presentation:

This mod provides you an enhanced pack unit for your Parthian campaign. Parthians lacks of unit roster. i had not the feeling to play a true empire with the vanilla units, that is why i modded it.
    As you know, we are limited to add new 3D model but i did not wanted just add a new units with a quick mix of other units pieces. Some of my new units have their own texture and some pieces have a slight 3D apperance modification. I wanted to make them unique.
    The current beta version has:
    - 12 new units (with balanced stats)
    - 2 re-skin units
    - Faction color edited (dark theme)

I will keep to add units. This mod is 100% compatible to every mod (except if a mod changes the skin of my 2 re skinned units) and saved campaign.

2 versions are provided:
    - Vanilla version (stats adjusted with the beta 4 patch)
    - Radious mod version (stats adjusted in the same way that Radious mod's unit to keep coherence)

WARNING:

Immortals units: They are not 100% historical because the period of the game is 270 BC, not 500 BC .. The persian empire has fallen as the immortals. I revived them for this period considering you want to change the history and run over Rome. Their equipments and their roles are very close to the KAMANDARAN ZHAYADAN unit (true historical parthian unit).
    They have the style of the "300 movie".
    The aim of this mod is to provide heavy units and some variety on the battlefield for the parthian to build a real great empire.

note: the faction color had been changed as you can see on the screen

Preview:

IMMORTALS

Immortal units are a professional army with a very high moral, the best parthian infantry. They are in number limited / no cost to recruit in order to respect their historical fixed number.
    Their costs reflect their high life level. Infantries are recrutable in levy noble tier 3&4 / major city tier 3&4, Chars in heavy stable 3&4, and elephants in exotic stable 3.

Basic Immortals (Spears/Shield): NEW EXCLUSIVE UNIT
    I took the swordsmen immortal unit and i give them this adjustment -8att/+5def
    Recrutment cost: 2000 / Upkeep cost: 120 / limited number: 12
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Immortal Swordsmen: NEW EXCLUSIVE UNIT
    I took the parthian swordsmen unit (the best vanilla unit for parthian) and i give them a bonus +2 att /+2 def /+20 moral
    Recrutment cost: 2000 (versus 650 for the parthian swordsmen) / Upkeep cost: 120 (versus 130 for the parthian swordsmen) / limited number: 6

Immortal archers (swords in melee):
    NEW EXCLUSIVE UNIT
    I took the parthian swordsmen unit and i give them -2 att /-8 def /- 6 charges bonus
    Recrutment cost: 2000 / Upkeep cost: 120 / limited number: 6

Immortal Chars:
    NEW EXCLUSIVE UNIT
    I took the scynthed chariots unit and i give them a bonus +2 charge / +4 att / +4 def /+15 moral
    Recrutment cost: 2500 (versus 820 for the vanilla version) / Upkeep cost: 130 (versus 160 for the vanilla version) / limited number: 3

Immortal war elephants:
    NEW EXCLUSIVE UNIT
    I took the seleucide armoured unit and i give them a bonus +4 charge / +4 att / +4 def /+20 moral
    Recrutment cost: 3000 (versus 1160 for the seleucide armoured unit) / Upkeep cost: 160 (versus 230 for the seleucide armoured unit) / limited number: 3

DESERT UNITS

Desert units are better units than the basic units. It gives you more strategic possibilities and it maintains the use of camel units in later game
    Desert swordsmen: NEW EXCLUSIVE UNIT
    I took the basic eastern spearmen unit and i give them a bonus +2 charge / +3 att / +3 def /+ 15 moral
    Recrutment cost: 300 (versus 200 for the eastern spearmen) / Upkeep cost: 80 (versus 50 for the eastern spearmen)

Desert swordsmen:
    NEW EXCLUSIVE UNIT
    I took the basic hillmen unit and i give them -7 att / +14def / +5 moral
    Recrutment cost: 300 (versus 270 for the hillmen) / Upkeep cost: 80 (versus 70 for the hillmen). Recrutable in levy light way

Camel Spearmen and Camel Archer: NEW EXCLUSIVE UNIT
    I took the carmel unit and i give them +4 att / +4 def / +15 moral
    Recrutment cost: 600 (versus 430 for the basic carmel unit) / Upkeep cost: 125 (versus 90 for the basic carmel unit). Recrutable in exotic stable way

OTHER UNITS

Noble spearmen: NEW UNIT (I just added them to the parthian roster):
    Their stats are not modified. They are between desert spearmen and immortal spearmen

Indian armoured elephants: NEW UNIT (I just added them to the parthian roster):
    Their stats are not modified.

Elite persian archer: RE-SKIN
    OLD SKIN (which was very close with the light archer...)

NEW SKIN:

Parthian swordsmen:
    RE-SKIN
    Their stats are not modified.
    OLD SKIN

NEW SKIN:

Parthian Imperial Cataphracts (Zradhan Spahbade)
    : NEW EXCLUSIVE UNIT
    The heaviest cavalry unit. It's the best shock unit, they are a little weaker in melee (but better defense) cause they are slowers with their heavy armour and shield
    I took the royal cataphract unit and i give them: +10 charges / -10 att / +5 def
    Recrutment cost: 2240 (versus 1120 for the royal cataphract) / Upkeep cost: 220 (versus 170 for the royal cataphract)

DOWNLOAD:

How to install (not available):
    1) Download
    2) Extract the persian empire mod.pack into your "data" folder
    3) Use Mod manager to launch, or use your userscript.txt

IMPORTANT:
    All textures have been made to have the best visual with the GEM MOD by LuciferHawk
    The screenshots are taken with this mod, so if you want the same visual, you should use this mod.
    You can download it here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?618115

Unit cards are not finished, i just take some of others units which were close for the beta !

Link:
    Version Beta 1.0 (stats adjusted for the vanilla beta patch 4)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/lp...mpire+mod.pack
    Version Beta 1.0 (stats adjusted for the Radious mod)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?625202

Last edited by Farsovereign; October 12, 2013 at 05:54 PM.

Default Re: Immortals

cool beans. would be good to see a historical version and a 300 version.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

historical version is less clear, a lot of different version.
    I could do a colored version

Eoreds's Avatar Foederatus
    India, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe

please give them swords instead of pikes

thanks,
    Eoreds
    Rome 2 Unofficial fansite
    Rome 2 MP Clan
    My name on steam: [TS] Total Warlord
    My name on the official forums: Total Warlord
    my name on moddb: Eoreds

Majesticc's Avatar Foederatus

this looks great

Oh ! You beat me to it! I was just thinking about this. Anyways, nice job! I'm planning on making Leonidas's 300 version, if you're not already working on it??

stupar123's Avatar Miles

If you could , make historical and movie type , that way you would have even more pleased TWC members
    Oh , and of course nice work

My "300 movie version" will be close: just full dark/silver,double sword, and maybe add greaves, you can try you own version

First I have to finish my basic version: (dark color but historical armor / basic shield + short spear) i will make later archer and char units, and maybe a sword version

Immortals were wealthy, so i need to add some gold and make them better looking but i don't know if it s the best shield ?

To have historical version, i would have just to change unit colors

This is great but plz give link to download this units

Wow, this is my favorite unit I've seen thus far. I can't wait to play my first Persian campaign using the Immortals! Awesome work, and thank you!

Could you make two versions of these guys? One as you've posted here (with spear and shield), and another to act like the Royal Persian Archers that use spear and bow? I'd like to have two different Immortal types to build my elite army with - please!
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

looks awesome, will wait to this is ready before i play a Persian campaign

How about a retexture/color-change of any Greek shield for the Immortals? These small, round shields would be good looking on them.. maybe on the 300 Immortals? But I guess that's not historically correct lol

ariyan's Avatar Civis

lol,now our movie 300 fans are happy....

can you make them like these?please

Sassanian are coming!!!!!!

So was this done with custom meshes or a combination of existing pieces? Either way, very impressive.

hey,

i plan to release the first basic unit this week end. i still have some works to do and i have a job ....

Don't worry, i will create others versions after with bow, char etc...

The greek shields are beautiful but i don't want to lose the "persian style" even if I have read that the immortals have used the hoplon during a short time after their defeat.

Also I have to give them their stats, if you have some idea how strong i have to set them ?

Ariyan, i will try to add this level of detail but i m limited, i can t really edit 3D model.... i made a miracle with the helmet :p

Well, if you want to make them a "legendary" unit, make them some kind of elite - but not "chopchopchopeveryoneisdead"-elite, more like other factional elite-units. This should keep everything balanced.

Don't worry, i will create others versions after with bow, char etc...
    Sounds great, I'm really looknig forward to all the potential units you might be making in the future. Are you open to good unit requests and suggestions?

As for the Immortal stats, In my opinion, slightly less tough and resilient as a standard Spartan hoplites, but higher damage and weapon skill, and faster movement speed. They should have shield wall and shield screen abilities, and a aura to weaken moral of surrounding enemy troops (like the Berzerks ability to scare enemy units).
    Be on alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in Love. (1 Corinthians 16:13)

stupar123's Avatar Miles

Take all the time you need
    This is the unit I'll definately take into my armies

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

Hah, great initiative I usually love historically correct units, but the movie 300 kinda makes me want those Spartan Heroes and these Immortals.. ^^
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast