Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Athalwulf's Natural Dyes - Version 3.0 (ALL African Factions Added)

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Athalwulf's Natural Dyes - Version 3.0 (ALL African Factions Added)

Quote Originally Posted by Athalwulf View Post
    I have no idea what's wrong with the black Macedon version... I fixed the problem a few pages back and the download looks normal to me. I don't know what to tell you guys .
    The linked file in the top post is correct.

I think the confusion lies in that the version number didn't change. I also had an older v3 copy (with the blue primary) and didn't realize it had been updated. Too many threads to keep up with

I think this is one the "simplest" mod will ever be but also the most "must be". The Rome2's nice graphics were a bit wrecked with the vanilla colors, but your mod improves greatly the overall appearance with just some color tweaks. thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Javi_Wan View Post
    I think this is one the "simplest" mod will ever be but also the most "must be". The Rome2's nice graphics were a bit wrecked with the vanilla colors, but your mod improves greatly the overall appearance with just some color tweaks. thank you very much.
    Agreed. Makes you wonder who they put in charge of coloring the textures in the first place, since Shogun 2 had very similar issues. Neon green Shimazu, anyone?

Kymmuriel's Avatar Civis

Hello athawulf, sry for the disturb, i would like to add on the makedon units, for me be it on normal or black makedon, my units will always say with the red variations, i even had some crazy greenish tunics for the lybian cartaginian units, i was wow mb i messed up something.
    Just saying

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Hi Athawulf ,do you plan to mod the other celtic factions as well ?
    Sequani look ugly with their fluo green, and some others too !

Kymmuriel's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Kymmuriel View Post
    Hello athawulf, sry for the disturb, i would like to add on the makedon units, for me be it on normal or black makedon, my units will always say with the red variations, i even had some crazy greenish tunics for the lybian cartaginian units, i was wow mb i messed up something.
    Just saying
    Ok odd thing, i was playing with Ars gratia Artis, now that i switched to radious battle mod, my makedon boys are black! this is odd, theres some testing to do here.

Hey when I try to open the game from the mod manager the screen turns black.. then I have to ctr+alt+delete to shut the game down.
    Any got this problem and any fix for this ?
    Thanks.

Any way I can run the mod without the mod manager ?

Is the black supposed to be more historically accurate?

The google document wont let me open it with the thing I usually open files with. What sort of of thing should i be using to open this download?

Thank you for this mod, I think you've really nailed it and I have no complaints. I hope you'll keep it updated just in case any conflicts ever come up with the patches (though I doubt there will be any).

One thing though, you missed a great opportunity by not calling the "Black Macedon" pack "BLACKEDON" instead.

not working with radious unit after patch 5

Aedh's Avatar Libertus

I got it to work with radious units by changing it to a movie file with PFM (Pack File Manager). I can't guarantee it will work for you (some mods modified like this will just make the game crash on startup), but it's worth a try. How to do it :

- Make a backup of the mod
    - Open PFM
    - File > Open > Select Natural Dyes
    - File > Change pack type > Movie
    - File > Save

Close and launch the game.
    Last edited by Aedh; October 18, 2013 at 01:23 PM.

kamikazee786's Avatar Senator

will you be updating this for the new patch ?

also will you make it compatible with radious's total war mod ?
    If you work to earn a living, why then do you work yourself to death?

Albion Dude's Avatar Civis

It isn't working at all for me since patch 5, I don't even use radious's unit mods.
    I wish very much that some measures could be adopted to get recruits for the 29th Regiment, it is the best Regiment in this Army, has an admirable internal system and excellent Non-Commissioned Officers. Duke of Wellington, 12 September 1809.
    The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw, and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
    Sir Arthur "Bomber" Harris, Air Chief Marshal, RAF.

Never in the field of modding was so much owed by so many to so few
    . Bang on! Huzzah!!

This is the mod that made me LOVE the game. The look of the Suebi is much cooler with this mod. I hope a fix fro this mod is coming out for patch 5. It may seem silly to some, but I don't like playing my favorite faction, Suebi, without this mod!
    /crosses fingers

1stCohort's Avatar Libertus

If you are not seeing your mods after updating to patch 5, you should try using the official mod manager in the launch window instead of Mitch's mod manager. Apparently the new patch made the mod manager obsolete for now.

Unfortunately, the Natural Dyes it is incompatible with the patch 5 also loaded with mod manager steam. I hope Athalwulf work on a new version compatible with the patch 5. Review the canary yellow is depressing

Yes. please update this! This is one of the few mods I use, it truly makes the factions look much better.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazee786 View Post
    will you be updating this for the new patch ?

also will you make it compatible with radious's total war mod ?
    I too would second this. I love your colors, but at the moment they are not working with radious. game does not feel the same without this mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh View Post
    I got it to work with radious units by changing it to a movie file with PFM (Pack File Manager). I can't guarantee it will work for you (some mods modified like this will just make the game crash on startup), but it's worth a try. How to do it :

- Make a backup of the mod
    - Open PFM
    - File > Open > Select Natural Dyes
    - File > Change pack type > Movie
    - File > Save

Close and launch the game.
    This worked for me thanks, I can enjoy the game again