Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Athalwulf's Natural Dyes - Version 3.0 (ALL African Factions Added)

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Athalwulf's Natural Dyes - Version 2.2 (Black Macedon Version Added!)

I think this is a fantastic mod as it makes the units look so much more realistic. However I do think that you should have made Parthia more colourful. This Eastern faction did have access to considerably more exotic textiles than European factions and it is the one, for which you would expect more vivid colours.

Default Re: Athalwulf's Natural Dyes - Version 2.2 (Black Macedon Version Added!)

Quote Originally Posted by caratacus View Post
    I think this is a fantastic mod as it makes the units look so much more realistic. However I do think that you should have made Parthia more colourful. This Eastern faction did have access to considerably more exotic textiles than European factions and it is the one, for which you would expect more vivid colours.
    From what I found, their colors were light blue, purple and yellow. My mod is mostly similar except I took out yellow and replaced it with a dull brown. I tried making the colors more vibrant but they just looked hideous every time I tried, so I stuck with what I have now. I'm personally happy with it but I'll take another look at it and try to tweak it some more.

Updated the first post with a disclaimer.

..... can this mod be used without mod manager, anyone!?

Ques: is the first DL link broken? Does nothing for me. Also Black Macedon link looks okay but what does it do not clear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osros View Post
    Ques: is the first DL link broken? Does nothing for me. Also Black Macedon link looks okay but what does it do not clear.

Thanks
    I was probably uploading the new version right as you were downloading. Try again.

The Black Macedon pack makes Macedon uniforms black instead of white.
    Last edited by Athalwulf; September 22, 2013 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnChurchill View Post
    No. It says so in the first post.

Default Re: Athalwulf's Natural Dyes - Version 3.0 (ALL African Factions Added)

Mod updated to version 3.0. African factions are now added.

Not sure what group I should do next. I think I might wait on CA to release Seleucia and the nomad culture pack before I touch those. Maybe I'll do Britonnic or Arab tribes next since they're small.

Can you add screenshots of them?

Quote Originally Posted by NeonCrayon View Post
    Can you add screenshots of them?
    I'm sorry, but I just don't have the time to devote to taking screenshots of every single faction. I have the playable factions on the front page as a sample, but I now have over 30 recolored factions and I'll have all of them recolored in the future which would utterly clog up the page.

Thank you very much sir, and good job!

What about the celts and gauls?
    I'm currently fighting the volcae in my campaign and they look hideous in vanilla...

Civis

Awesome work Athalwulf! I love the work you've done.. it was the first one that tempted me to start installing mods for Rome2. Someone help the guy out, and take screenies of the new unit colours for him, eh?
    TRIPTYCK
    'Carthago delenda est.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ejergard View Post
    Thank you very much sir, and good job!

What about the celts and gauls?
    I'm currently fighting the volcae in my campaign and they look hideous in vanilla...
    I was considering doing them next but there are A LOT of celt/gallic factions, and currently GTA V is occupying a lot of my time .

Quote Originally Posted by triptyck View Post
    Awesome work Athalwulf! I love the work you've done.. it was the first one that tempted me to start installing mods for Rome2. Someone help the guy out, and take screenies of the new unit colours for him, eh?
    I can't ask anyone to do that. The screenshots on the front page are 90% accurate to the current version and those are the only official playable factions. Most of the other factions are rarely seen.

Finally got it working!!!!!!!! Thank you soooo much! Great job.
    Stainless Steel mod Thread link below (M2TW):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314

So for some peculiar reason when I have the black Macedon version activated, all my Macedonian units' clothes and shields are the brightest of blues, doesn't matter which unit. I am only running the radious overhaul and the stronger walls mod; nothing that changes unit skins.

Please, does anyone know what might have gone wrong? Any advice? I am looking forward to a Macedonian Campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnChurchill View Post
    Yeah. Just download the Pack File Manager, open up this mod, and change the file type (file>change pack type) to "movie," and you're good to go.

Also, Athawulf. In the Black Macedon version, you have the primary_color_b for Macedon set to 210, so instead of black it's this really bright blue. Not what I was expecting when I fought Macedon.

I'd be interested in seeing the arab tribes get some love! I've got a Saba campaign in progress and my light pastel green armies are awful to look at.

There is a color problem of the file "Black Macedon" , the black became blue!

Civis

for example:

black macedon thorax swordsmen vs suebi wodanaz spears
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y6ggrjc1j...9-24_00002.jpg
    TRIPTYCK
    'Carthago delenda est.'