Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Athalwulf's Natural Dyes - Version 3.0 (ALL African Factions Added)

dutch musketeer's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Athalwulf's Natural Dyes - Version 3.0 (ALL African Factions Added)

yeah same here
    'I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.' -Voltaire

Supporter of Toontotalwars : Continental,British,Hessian,Spanish & French Armies All-in-One Mod Packs: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=244468
    And
    The Great war mod(check this out)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...reat-War-(TGW)

Wow, now I can look at my units without cringing all the damn time! Awesome!

While waiting for his permission before releasing the latest version of my mod that includes his colour data,
    those who are familiar with the tables, all you need to do is;

1) Delete the Faction_Uniform_Colours_Tables from my mod.

2) In Althalwulf's Faction_Uniform_Colours_Tables find the Roman row.

3) Insert: Pri.RGB: 139-13-4. Sec.RGB: 222-209-169. Ter.RGB: 149-135-108.

For those who use my mod and his, this way you get the colours I designed the Roman equipment
    around, AND Althalwulf's colours for other factions.

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy14 View Post
    Love the mod, though if you could make a Radious-compatible version that would be amazing, because right now they are not compatible.
    Seconded, thirded whatever

Hi! I'd really like to install this mod, but i have some 'noob' question.
    I've never installed a mod, so:
    1. Is it possible to unistall this mod? Does this mod changes my vanilla game? I need to reinstall the game if i dont like the mod?
    2. There is some 'tutorial' or walktrough for installation? After dowload what i have to do?
    Thanks and sorry for this stupid question...

Aedh's Avatar Libertus

Welcome to the modding world !

To answer your questions :

1. Yes, it's very easy to uninstall. You just have to delete the file you installed. So no, no need to reinstall the game if you don't like it.
    As for the changes, when you install the mod the factions will have different clothes colors. But the vanilla files are untouched. Basically, when you install a mod, the values in the files will override the ones from the game, without deleting them.

2. First, download the mod. Don't use the link on the first page, as it hasn't been updated for patch 5 yet. Download the one kindly uploaded by Selea on the previous page.
    - Once it's done, unzip the archive on your desktop (using a program like WinRar or 7zip).
    - Then copy the file named natural_dyes_p5.pack in the game's data folder in :
    Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\Data
    - Launch the game. On the launcher, click mod manager. Tick the box for the mod, then play.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Aedh; October 22, 2013 at 06:25 AM.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian21 View Post
    While waiting for his permission before releasing the latest version of my mod that includes his colour data,
    those who are familiar with the tables, all you need to do is;

1) Delete the Faction_Uniform_Colours_Tables from my mod.

2) In Althalwulf's Faction_Uniform_Colours_Tables find the Roman row.

3) Insert: Pri.RGB: 139-13-4. Sec.RGB: 222-209-169. Ter.RGB: 149-135-108.

For those who use my mod and his, this way you get the colours I designed the Roman equipment
    around, AND Althalwulf's colours for other factions.
    I actually did this yesterday after it dawned on me that I could just remove the table for the uniform faction colors and keep the updated version Selea linked. It worked like a charm. I didn't bother adding your color values though. Just deleted the entry on your mod along with the land and main unit tables to avoid conflicts with other mods. Works perfectly this way. This way I get Natural Dye colors and I still get to keep your changes to things like the Praetorian cloaks being red instead of that nasty default violet color.

Is this mod dead?

If someone doesnt check their mod for long awhile is it ok to just use it without permission?

AlCord's Avatar Semisalis

I don't know if it's a dead mod or not, but with the introduction of the Seleucids and their uglish blue colour, I decided to quickly mod their colour myself.

Well, after I finished them I thought "why not try to alter some other colours as well. Try the historical way. That was harder than I thought, because of the 3 colour restriction. So I decided to make it as historical as possible.
    In my recolour attempt I learned that it is actually possible, to give units other colours apart from the faction colours. Perhaps this gives me more unit variety, eg. give Evocati Cohort a blue tunica.

So far, I finished nearly all main factions.

Seleucid (not happy with them, I change one of their colours to a red)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Carthage

Macedon

Parthia

Epiros

Athens

Pontus

Iceni

Rome (nothing new compared to natural dyes)

Averni

So, are you going to post that or keep it up to date? Someone needs to, these mods make the game look much better.

Also, it's funny that this mod got featured on the front page but it has been abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh View Post

1. Yes, it's very easy to uninstall. You just have to delete the file you installed. So no, no need to reinstall the game if you don't like it.
    As for the changes, when you install the mod the factions will have different clothes colors. But the vanilla files are untouched. Basically, when you install a mod, the values in the files will override the ones from the game, without deleting them.

2. First, download the mod. Don't use the link on the first page, as it hasn't been updated for patch 5 yet. Download the one kindly uploaded by Selea on the previous page.
    - Once it's done, unzip the archive on your desktop (using a program like WinRar or 7zip).
    - Launch the game. On the launcher, click mod manager. Tick the box for the mod, then play.

Enjoy
    hey by any chance do they have a version of this mod of black macedon ?

Seems like this mod is dead. It's a shame cause I can't play the game with factions that look like soccer teams

@Alcord : Hope you'll upload it soon

Well I actually managed to change a specific unit apart from the faction colour, but I will not upload it, because of Little Legionaires fine work. If he hasn't done such a mod already, I would have uploaded it eventually. But he has and so it would be a double mod
    Last edited by AlCord; October 23, 2013 at 07:51 AM.

Enjoy
    Thank's!
    I'll try to install!

Aedh's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by AlCord View Post
    I don't know if it's a dead mod or not, but with the introduction of the Seleucids and their uglish blue colour, I decided to quickly mod their colour myself.

Well, after I finished them I thought "why not try to alter some other colours as well. Try the historical way. That was harder than I thought, because of the 3 colour restriction. So I decided to make it as historical as possible.
    In my recolour attempt I learned that it is actually possible, to give units other colours apart from the faction colours. Perhaps this gives me more unit variety, eg. give Evocati Cohort a blue tunica.

Nice work there.
    I especially like the colors you picked for the Arverni. Would you mind telling me the RGB values you used for them ? I'll understand perfectly if you don't

Nice work there.
    I especially like the colors you picked for the Arverni. Would you mind telling me the RGB values you used for them ? I'll understand perfectly if you don't
    Pri: 22 51 7
    Sec: 155 137 84
    Ter: 39 66 82

Aedh's Avatar Libertus

Thanks a lot, very nice of you to share.

+rep

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I hope this can get converted to a steam workshop version, using overhauls hosted there (like Magnar) makes it kind of hard to use mod manager when there is now one integrated into the launcher....

I can't use this mod as is, but am dying to.

Quote Originally Posted by AlCord View Post

Seleucid (not happy with them, I change one of their colours to a red)

Carthage

Macedon

Parthia

Epiros

Athens

Pontus

Iceni

Rome (nothing new compared to natural dyes)

Averni

is your work on steam if not can you sure your link here ;] i was looking for a black macedon it also seems like you have that