Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Athalwulf's Natural Dyes - Version 3.0 (ALL African Factions Added)

Aedh's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Athalwulf's Natural Dyes - Version 3.0 (ALL African Factions Added)

Glad I could help

This is just a temporary solution, as a movie pack might conflict with other mods (especially factions overhaul with a new possible color code).
    But well, it works while waiting for an update

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

any solution for ugly pink seleucid ?

I really like this mod, please make it compatible with patch 1.5.

hoping this one gets updated, would like to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by skullpile View Post
    hoping this one gets updated, would like to try it out.
    Its really a game changer for me, makes the Suebi look amazing. I don't like playing them looking like a bunch of santa's helpers

Hey Man, Love your Mod! I'm playing Parthia at the moment, they look a lot better with your mod, but id still love to make them a bit darker. Where did you find the Colour Values? Is there a chart or a table? I dont want to spend my year trying out the values
    Thanks a lot!

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by LtKessler View Post
    Hey Man, Love your Mod! I'm playing Parthia at the moment, they look a lot better with your mod, but id still love to make them a bit darker. Where did you find the Colour Values? Is there a chart or a table? I dont want to spend my year trying out the values
    Thanks a lot!
    Easy : take PFM, open data_rome2.pack,
    then DB ,then faction_uniform_colours_tables
    and finally faction_uniform_colours, click on this last entrie and you will see the complete list of the factions with their respective colours : primary ,secondary ,and tertiary ,each with 3 values corresponding to the RGB code.
    Feel free to change it ,with by exemple this site to test your changes :

http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm
    Then save ,and launch the game ,enjoy !

Hey Maggotfist, not sure if you are unable to workaround making Athulwulf's mod work but I use Mitch's "unit recolour mod" to change Suebi's colors to black and grey mostly and I like it quite nicely. It is patch 5 compatible.
    Last edited by skullpile; October 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedh View Post
    I got it to work with radious units by changing it to a movie file with PFM (Pack File Manager). I can't guarantee it will work for you (some mods modified like this will just make the game crash on startup), but it's worth a try. How to do it :

- Make a backup of the mod
    - Open PFM
    - File > Open > Select Natural Dyes
    - File > Change pack type > Movie
    - File > Save

Close and launch the game.

That would do nothing. By changing it to a movie file you disable the mod altogether or make the Radious colors changes override the table and for this the game doesn't crash, but the colors as in the mod will not be there.

The only solution for users is to open the mod in PFM then open the data_rome2.pack with PFM too, open in both the table faction_uniform_colors and add manually the lines that are missing in the old version, that are some civil wars ones.

Here, I did that for you:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ww...al_dyes_p5.zip

Aedh's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    That would do nothing. By changing it to a movie file you disable the mod altogether or make the Radious colors changes override the table and for this the game doesn't crash, but the colors as in the mod will not be there.

The only solution for users is to open the mod in PFM then open the data_rome2.pack with PFM too, open in both the table faction_uniform_colors and add manually the lines that are missing in the old version, that are some civil wars ones.

Here, I did that for you:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ww...al_dyes_p5.zip
    Thanks a lot for your work.

I don't understand what you mean though, by saying changing it to a movie file would disable the mod. It does work this way (even if I admit it would most likely conflict with other mods and is certainly not an optimal solution).
    Anyway, I downloaded your file, will try it right away

Selea, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your effort brother, THANK YOU. The mod still isn't working though Modman says it needs a png with the pack name, tried that and still a no-go. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Hell if you want to totally update teh mad that would be awesome too! <3

Quote Originally Posted by skullpile View Post
    Hey Maggotfist, not sure if you are unable to workaround making Athulwulf's mod work but I use Mitch's "unit recolour mod" to change Suebi's colors to black and grey mostly and I like it quite nicely. It is patch 5 compatible.
    Oh snap i just saw this thank you!

Thanks loads Selea, got it work, although i noticed with Rome it shows alot of Light Cream Shield instead of Red, like..60% of the shields. What do you think?

Athalwulf; requesting permission to add this data into my Kaziel's Romans Pack. Will only tweak Roman and Etruscan RGBs that are in my Faction_Uniform_Colours Table.
    Will give full credit off course in the OP. Love the colours (we have the same philosophy)

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian21 View Post
    Athalwulf; requesting permission to add this data into my Kaziel's Romans Pack. Will only tweak Roman and Etruscan RGBs that are in my Faction_Uniform_Colours Table.
    Will give full credit off course in the OP. Love the colours (we have the same philosophy)
    My 2 favourite modders working together, it would be like a dream. XD

Quote Originally Posted by zeddtakashi View Post
    Thanks loads Selea, got it work, although i noticed with Rome it shows alot of Light Cream Shield instead of Red, like..60% of the shields. What do you think?
    Yes, because that's the personal dyes I use with my mod that has the Kaziel's shields enabled. Now that you make me notice, however, I should disable this on the normal mod without the re-textures.

Your mod does not work on the new mod manager and, with much credit to you, makes the game completely unplayable.

Could you please find it in your heart to upload your mod onto the Steam site so that I get back to the game?

Pretty please

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    Yes, because that's the personal dyes I use with my mod that has the Kaziel's shields enabled. Now that you make me notice, however, I should disable this on the normal mod without the re-textures.
    I can't actually use Kaziel's Romans mod if I want to use Natural Dyes because it seems he has a faction uniform color table that overwrites the table from Natural Dyes. Ordinarily this wouldn't of been a problem in the past, but since CA is mentally inept and decided to force their terrible Mod Manager on us, we now have no means that I can see to set load orders. This had me stumped all day yesterday too. I even opened up two PFMs and transferred all of Natural Dye's color entries into my data_rome2.pack one by one and then went in game to still see my Suebi marching for the gay parade. Just now I downloaded the one you linked two-three posts up and got the same outcome. Tried disabling Kaziel's mod cause I remembered him saying he changed the Roman colors, and like magic, Natural Dyes is working again. The Suebi shall march in the parade NO LONGER. Thanks for helping me come to this realization.

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

Love the mod, though if you could make a Radious-compatible version that would be amazing, because right now they are not compatible.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would appreciate a Rad compatible version as well. The Radious units look like comic book characters in comparison.