Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N.U.M. - New Units Mod

Default Re: N.U.M. - New Units Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    there has to be a unit that uses the shield like a buckler and when it goes into melee it just uses the sword...

but yea its odd like you said...
    Well thats what I thought, and why I tried out the creten archers, so I'm all out of ideas as far as other archers who have shields and weapons go..

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimaratio View Post
    Great units and Parthia needed some TLC ! Btw is this the only armor for the elephants. Reason i ask is that Mr Lusted showed some more variants.
    I dont think there are any armoured african elephants, can you link to where he showed this?

Seems you are right i was refering to this link:http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...iants-on-offer.

could you make parthian indian elephant little eary unlocked in art three, because they are on same level as indian armoured elephants?

@ Ultimaratio.. I think they might all be in use in the game as "varientmeshdefinitions" I.e. the variety of armour components used within one unit..

@ achilles-91.. I will include this in the next update as it makes sense.. I didn't personally mind that they both become available at the same time or level of building as I saw it as more of a choice concerning your expenses.. I.e. the option becomes available for an expensive awesome unit or a cheaper version..

Quote Originally Posted by Actus Reus View Post
    @ achilles-91.. I will include this in the next update as it makes sense.. I didn't personally mind that they both become available at the same time or level of building as I saw it as more of a choice concerning your expenses.. I.e. the option becomes available for an expensive awesome unit or a cheaper version..
    thank you so much. i use only 3 mods for rome, one for ai, one for units(your) , and one for graphich. so if that mean something to you..

Eikki's Avatar Centenarius

Hmm I don't seem to be able to recruit the Heavy agrianians in my epirus campaign. I have level 3 main and aux barracks

nice work,i don't know much about modding but adding some short text about the unit will be nice compared to the "placeholder",also please add units to those faction that have very little and limited unit pool,like the Thracian and Arabic Faction,i would love to play them in campaign if more troops were added to them.

@achilles-91, thanks a lot mate, sure its great if someone takes enjoyment out of this upload..

I haven't stopped working on this mod (there has not been an update in a while)..

I could have continued at a pretty quick pace spamming factions with unlocked units, but I wasn't happy with the games take on recruitment for any non-Roman faction..

Therefore I am currently working on a much, much larger project which will utilise AOR (Area of Recruitment) for certain factions.. I say certain factions, I mean I want to do them all but there are something like 130 or something crazy like that..

So I hope to completely overhaul all of the playable factions with some new units using AOR, and replace every single vanilla unit at the same time..

This means for example, if you are Parthia and you expand your empire all the way over to Britain, there will be no Eastern Spearmen to recruit and certainly no elephants.. In fact there will no longer be an Eastern Spearmen unit, each region within the game will have its own units, different depending on which faction controls it..

Each faction will have certain core units and elites, but again, if your Parthian empire expands to Britain, instead of having the generic Parthian units available for recruitment, you will have a range of British (Britons.. whatever) Auxiliary units..

So the further reaching your empire is, the more varied the armies whom fight for it will be..

I may post updates on my progress, or maybe not.. as I could just spend that time working on it instead..

Hi, my situation is simply tragic: I downloaded and used your mod for some weeks, and it was perfect, I also used it in campaign mode. But now, with patch 5 out, I'm having serious trouble, because now I can't load all my savegames where I had recruited some of your units. Could you please update this mod soon? Or maybe there is a way to "clean" my saves? I don't want to lose my great Macedonic campaign.

Pardon my double posting, but I solved the problem checking NUM in my mod menu, at TW Launcher. Sorry!

Hey fantastic mod it's know one of my must have's, just one question will you be uploading this to the new steam workshop for Rome II just curios. Keep up the great work you units are the best.

Just thought I would post a few screens of what I am working on these days..

This unit is the elite Parthian Royal bodyguard, not available to recruit, only as a generals bodyguard.. Part of a much, much larger project that wont see the light of day for some time yet..

Parthian Grivpanvar i Palhavanig

Last edited by Actus Reus; October 21, 2013 at 05:18 PM.

wow really cool.

Just a couple of other units tonight...

Parthian Kamandaran Zhayadan

Parthian Gund i Sugdianavanig

Need to change the shield on the axemen, as its still the Hellenic patterns, but other than that they are pretty much done..

Would this mod come out in Steam Workshop?

Jesus!!the mod is perfec !!!!!
    when will you done it?

I cant wait for the mod!

any news?

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz put the link of the mod witch has this units plzzzzzzzzzzz

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I'm making a "Classic Total War Recruitment" mod and was looking to work with the Author of Unit Packs to make compatible versions of my mod. Could I make a version for N.U.M?
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast