Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: N.U.M. - New Units Mod

Default Re: N.U.M. - New Units Mod

hey man great looking units so far, just curious but what are you working on next? units or certain faction overhaul? maybe you could show the Iberians some love, they seem a little bare when i conquered Spain

Anyone feel like helping out with new unit cards for any of these would be great.. just putting it out there..

Edit: 1st post updated with version 0.6.. now released..
    Last edited by Actus Reus; September 30, 2013 at 03:53 PM.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

nice job! any plans to add units for arabic and african factions?

Thanks.. Well my immediate plans are to add a little more variety to the current playable factions..

You have to remember, there is nothing original here or in any of the other unit mods I have seen (so far), its all just playing around with text files and the PFM, using whats already there. Just re-assembling the pieces to try and make something look more to my taste. Heck re-texture work is now mostly being done by editing RGB values instead of loading up the .dds in Photoshop or Gimp. But I guess that's progress..

When someone more intelligent and patient than me finds out how to get custom 3d models working in-game, then the fun will really begin. I have permission to use a whole load of good quality models and textures, and I've learnt a thing or two about using 3DS Max and Photoshop since I was last here..

So to answer your question:

There is far, far, far less to play around with when it comes to the African units, there just isn't much variety, and I don't want to be slapping the same helmets and armour on units that "should" look distinctive to their region or culture.

Oh and does anyone know how the AOR (Area of Recruitment) works on this here game?

If I knew how to allow a faction to only be able to recruit certain units from certain areas, then I could give a few more interesting recruitment options.
    Last edited by Actus Reus; September 29, 2013 at 02:11 PM.

parthian armoured war elephant's cant be built in campaing. can u please fix it ?

Thank you!

Just to quote my self, would you consider adding these:

Germanic Cleavers: 2H axe unit (an axe in both hands) with frenzy.

The Silent Fangs: Also a Germanic unit that has those wolf helmets and can ambush like Iceni Ambushers. Got the idea, imagine them hiding in tall grass or bushes with those wolf pelts, would make a lot of sense.
    Scythian Noble Cavalry: For Pontus, Spear heavy cavalry with Parthia heavy armor for the horses and greek heavy armor for the men.

Giusim Aravim 'im Garzenim: Eastern Axemen for Pontus, they where in Europa Barbarorum so a picture is worth 1000 words.

my game crashes when i try to select parthia when i use this mod, any idea what could be causing this? i only use radious unit mods

Quote Originally Posted by sunny44 View Post
    my game crashes when i try to select parthia when i use this mod, any idea what could be causing this? i only use radious unit mods
    you need to copy UI.
    btw, can modder fix armoured elephants for parthia, they aren't recruitable in campaign?

thank you, i pasted the whole UI inside the UI folder instead of replacing

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Hey guys...
    Reus congrats for your fine work...
    Just a question are your unit's stats compatible with Radious mods???
    I mean same values etc...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    you need to copy UI.
    btw, can modder fix armoured elephants for parthia, they aren't recruitable in campaign?
    Sorry about that.. v0.7 is now up on the 1st post.. should be ok now..

Quote Originally Posted by Master Necromancer View Post
    Thank you!

Just to quote my self, would you consider adding these:

Germanic Cleavers: 2H axe unit (an axe in both hands) with frenzy.

The Silent Fangs: Also a Germanic unit that has those wolf helmets and can ambush like Iceni Ambushers. Got the idea, imagine them hiding in tall grass or bushes with those wolf pelts, would make a lot of sense.
    Scythian Noble Cavalry: For Pontus, Spear heavy cavalry with Parthia heavy armor for the horses and greek heavy armor for the men.

Giusim Aravim 'im Garzenim: Eastern Axemen for Pontus, they where in Europa Barbarorum so a picture is worth 1000 words.
    Yeah they sound interesting, I have been peeking at the unit roster for EB, as its probably the best guide and the greatest mod ever..

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Hey guys...
    Reus congrats for your fine work...
    Just a question are your unit's stats compatible with Radious mods???
    I mean same values etc...

Thanks
    Dunno.. If Radious has made stat changes "only" to any of the units on here, then yeah they should be fine..

I havent changed any vanilla stats, just created my own for the couple of new units in the mod.

Anyone got any suggestions for faction colours, it seems you cant just change one faction, and as I have already done Parthia, I was thinking about including a colour overhaul into the mod..

Only problem is though, I'm using one of those ENB thangs, so might look different on your machines to mine..

great.waiting for new version

I'm trying to balance your units with some mods I use and uner db->main units table, I'm only seeing 2 units. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by cxtbbb View Post
    great.waiting for new version
    Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMan8296 View Post
    I'm trying to balance your units with some mods I use and uner db->main units table, I'm only seeing 2 units. Am I missing something?
    Nope, I have only created 2 new units, the other units are all already in the db, I just unlocked them for other factions..

hey the parthian units dont work for me for some reason, i cant even use parthia in custom battles cause it crushes please help

I'm using the one that's available on this thread along with the full Radious mod, with no problem..

Did you copy the UI folder directly into your data folder? Or did you accidentally place it inside the already preexisting UI folder within the data folder?

shouldn't the immortals be spearmen equipped with bows?

also I wish you would add some abilities to noble spearmen like box, shield screen, shield wall but instead lower their number twofold so they are really elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    shouldn't the immortals be spearmen equipped with bows?

also I wish you would add some abilities to noble spearmen like box, shield screen, shield wall but instead lower their number twofold so they are really elite.
    Well from Wiki (I know, I know..)

Herodotus describes their armament as follows: wicker shields, short spears, swords or large daggers, bow and arrow. Underneath their robes they wore scale armour coats. The spear counterbalances of the common soldiery were of silver; to differentiate commanding ranks, the officers' spear buttspikes were golden. The regiment was followed by a caravan of covered carriages, camels, and mules that transported their supplies, along with concubines and attendants to serve them; this supply train carried special food that was reserved only for their consumption.

The headdress worn by the Immortals is believed to have been the Persian tiara. Its actual form is uncertain, but some sources describe it as a cloth or felt cap which could be pulled over the face to keep out wind and dust in the arid Persian plains. Surviving Achaemenid coloured glazed bricks and carved reliefs represent the Immortals as wearing elaborate robes,hoop earrings and gold jewelry, though these garments and accessories were most likely worn only for ceremonial occasions.
    So swords are ok for me, because what I put together really sounds nothing like the historical description, but maybe I will change them.. Spears and Bows sounds good..

I haven't edited the Noble Spearmen, they are the vanilla unit, but just unlocked for the Parthians..

I have just put together this unit though for the next release..

Parthian Heavy Spearmen

Well... I put together the Persian Immortals with Spear and Bow like you suggested.. but..

There is a problem, they have the spear and can use it, they have the bow and can use it... they have the shield... ON there back when using the bow, THEN it vanishes when you switch to melee and they no longer have it... brilliant..

I loaded up a custom battle with Cretan Archers whom have shields and long daggers... they do the same.. so it looks like some retarded thing built into the game.. No idea how to go about fixing that..

Persian Immortals with Bow and Spear

Last edited by Actus Reus; October 03, 2013 at 03:42 PM.

there has to be a unit that uses the shield like a buckler and when it goes into melee it just uses the sword...

but yea its odd like you said...

Great units and Parthia needed some TLC ! Btw is this the only armor for the elephants. Reason i ask is that Mr Lusted showed some more variants.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast