Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: N.U.M. - New Units Mod

Default N.U.M. - New Units Mod

The lofty goal is to create many new units for loads of the factions yeah!! But the good thing is even if I fall well short of this ambition (I have learned), there will still be at least a bunch of new units that will work "stand-alone"..

1st post and download link will be updated as and when I go, so if you see something you like, best to check back every now and then.

Atm, pretty limited to the assets already in-game, so I can't really run wild with any designs I might have, so if there anyone hears of any breakthrough in getting custom meshes working in-game, please let me know..

Parthia

Persian Immortals

Elite Persian Archers

Parthian Swordsmen

Parthian Foot Archers

Armoured War Elephants

Eastern Spear Nobles

Athens

Cretan Archers

Sparta

Cretan Archers

Macedon

Heavy Agrainian Axemen

Epirus

Heavy Agrainian Axemen

Carthage

African Archers

Last edited by Actus Reus; September 30, 2013 at 04:42 PM.

Default Re: N.U.M. - New Units Mod

now that's a badass unit. They look very nice good job. Look's a bit like the Immortals from the movie 300 .

Looks cool, maybe some armor variation to body armor

As far as I have been looking there isnt much choice in heavy armor, as far as eastern ones go..

And without being able to import rigged 3d meshes, I am limited to whats already in the game.. like swapping bits of lego...

Edit: Any modders know of a cloak that doesn't make the weapons and shields vanish?
    Last edited by Actus Reus; September 16, 2013 at 03:59 PM.

Hüssar's Avatar Laetus

You could try the thracian cloak, the ones the thracian nobles have.

I will give it a go.. but doesn't that one have some sort of tartan style pattern on it?

I've got the day off work today, but I should also have GTA V arriving, so I might get a fair bit done, or I might not get any done..
    Last edited by Actus Reus; September 18, 2013 at 07:35 AM.

Hate double posting, but... Now there is something to download..

Updated with Parthian Immortals..

Very cool can't wait for more.

P.S. Sorry but doesn't work for me, maybe because it's incompatible with some mods I use but it didn't tell me in the mod manager.

I use:

Radious Graphic mod

Splenyi Campaign camera and playable custom factions

Special Abilities be Gone

No HDR mod

Natural Dyes

Realistic unit Hights

The one that edits Arveni and Celts

Silven Total Improvements
    Last edited by Master Necromancer; September 18, 2013 at 08:10 AM.

Hmm.. I use the Radious mod and realistic heights with no trouble and works of for me.. I couldnt say where its clashing, especially with mod manager saying there is nothing wrong..

Did you put the UI folder in your data folder as well?

Yep put everything in but the unit does not appear in custom battles.

I can only guess its one of the mods which does not display on Modmanager clashing with mine visa verse... Otherwise I would assume the conflicts would be displayed.. Have you tried temporarily starting it up without the mods that do not display in the manager?

Edit: Updated today 18/09/13 with my take on the Elite Persian Archers and a different more faded colour scheme for Parthia..

Edit 2: Just another quick update to v0.3, but an important one, as v0.2 somehow managed to make every units uniform except for Parthia's, bright pink.. wow.. wtf..
    Last edited by Actus Reus; October 06, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

would you add some units (and make them recruitable) for Axum and Meroe? They desperately need recruitable cav that aren't generals. Also better than levy spearmen and skirmisher cavalry.

very nice... are the units recruitable in the campaign?

@Prince of Judah:

Yeah sure why not, Im probably going to bang Parthia to death before moving on to any other factions though, post any ideas..

@elor70:

Sure are, currently only the Persian Immortals are an all new unit so far for Parthia, the others are redone vanilla ones.. All available in custom battle and campaign, although one member said he was having problems with this mod in conjunction with another.. Not sure which though, as I am not having any issues..

Parthian Foot Archers

Edit: 1st Post updated with v.04 now ready for download, now including my revised version of the Persian Elite Archers, Parthian Swordsmen and Foot Archers..

Edit 2: Just added Eastern Noble Spearmen, no changes to the vanilla unit as of yet, just allowed them to be recruited by Parthia to give them a bit more beef in the spear department..

Eastern Noble Spearmen
    Last edited by Actus Reus; September 18, 2013 at 05:04 PM.

Doas not work for me either. The Immortals doasnt appear in the custom battlefield and the units still all look vanilla.
    I have no special mods installed. Just Radious thats all.

Its sad because i really like the mod

Well I dont understand why.. are you using the mod manager?

I have just downloaded the file from the link, ensuring that nothing else whatsoever is in my data folder and it works fine..

So, its pretty difficult for me to even hazard a guess as to what is going wrong for you..

Did you copy over the UI folder into the data folder as well as the pack file?

Works perfectly for me thanks alot !

Screens of these fellas please? =)

It seems this is not compatible with Radious' Total War Mod.

Shame though

Well Im using Radious all-in-one mod just fine.. unless Im using an outdated version and his latest build now clashes with mine..

Update 1st post with NUM v0.5

Added:

Eastern Noble Spearmen for Parthia

Athens and Sparta can now recruit Cretan Archers from level II Military building up

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast