Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Roman Reskin Mod / updated 10/19 - Patch 5

Default Re: Roman Reskin Mod / updated 9/23

Awesome Job! let's try it

Need a release of this mod WITHOUT the legate reskinned. Can't play with a Polybian legion early game with the general in Segmentata.
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ♠ Thomas Cochrane ♠ View Post
    Need a release of this mod WITHOUT the legate reskinned. Can't play with a Polybian legion early game with the general in Segmentata.
    That would be easy, just open my mod in packfile manager go into variantmeshdefinitions and delete the legate, now your back to vanilla legate

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Roman Reskin Mod / updated 9/24 / new Praetorian Guard and Praetorian Cavalry

I figured out how to give a model new textures without changing the vanilla model and texture, I tested it out on the Praetorian Guard and Cavalry and it works great.

Maximus183's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Roman Reskin Mod / updated 9/24 / new Praetorian Guard and Praetorian Cavalry

And it looks ing sick! Any chance of releasing the Praetorians seperately?

Dude lol not sure if I told you that it would be great for you to do that to the guard or I had it in mind you just went total boss status on this man great job brother !!!

Zaskar add me on steam man «Ω» Prometheus

Are the praetorians ready for download?!?! I made a thread a few days ago about someone making a gladiator reskin! what a coincidence, haha.

How is this mod supposed to be launched? Through the Rome 2 data folder or with mod manager?

I ask because I dropped it in the data folder, refreshed mod manager, and it didn't show. Went through and edited the user.script, refreshed mod manager, and nothing. There's gotta be something I'm doing wrong.

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKYA View Post
    How is this mod supposed to be launched? Through the Rome 2 data folder or with mod manager?

I ask because I dropped it in the data folder, refreshed mod manager, and it didn't show. Went through and edited the user.script, refreshed mod manager, and nothing. There's gotta be something I'm doing wrong.
    I'm not sure what your doing wrong but it works fine for me with mod manager and without mod manager using my own user.script.txt file. You may have a conflict with another mod overwriting this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar70 View Post
    I'm not sure what your doing wrong but it works fine for me with mod manager and without mod manager using my own user.script.txt file. You may have a conflict with another mod overwriting this one.
    Don't worry, I discovered it was a conflict with another mod. As soon as the conflict was resolved, your mod showed up and works perfectly.

I downloaded the Legatus and Praetorian Mod and I get about 6 conflicts. IN game all the cavalry have white shields. Did I do something wrong?

Same issue it maybe the order of the mods man trying to see if i could fix it myself

You are awesome you know that

Is this compatible with Radious' mods?

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by misfitsfiend138 View Post
    I downloaded the Legatus and Praetorian Mod and I get about 6 conflicts. IN game all the cavalry have white shields. Did I do something wrong?
    The main reskin mod and the legatus mod both change the roman faction colours to two shades of white and one shade of red, I had to do that to get all units and officers to wear the white tunics. to get the shields to stay red I had to remask them all from the vanilla version.

If you have any other mod that changes the faction colours or simply overwrites my faction colours back to vanilla the shield colours will be effected since my mod contains remasked versions of all the roman shields.

I have been looking into how CA has inserted a mask into the rigid_model_v2 files but it's a pain in the @ss looking at them in a hex editer, sadly thats the only way to see whats going on in those files atm.

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Roman Reskin Mod / updated 9/26 new Legatus bodyguard

Just updated the Legatus mod and the reskin mod with the new Legatus bodyguard skin.

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Cidalsleepwalker View Post
    Is this compatible with Radious' mods?
    With some tweaking yes, CA is fixxing an error in the game in patch 5 that will fix an issue with the way mod's are being read by the game. Once that happens most mods will be compatible.

To get it compatible with other mod's right now you would have to change some tables yourself in packfile manager, namely concerning romes faction colours and the officers for the legatus, praetorian guard and praetorian cavalry.

in order to add the reskinned officers I have to use the land_units table but because of the issue with the way the game is reading mod packs I have to include the whole land_units table and thats the issue, after patch 5 I will be able to use only the parts of the land_units table that refers to the units I skinned and wont have to have everything else in there with them.
    Last edited by Zaskar70; September 26, 2013 at 06:58 AM.

What did you change in the main_units table? As that also creates a conflict for me.
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Woot woot , you changed the bodyguard unit to look different and sicker again out did yourself !!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast