Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Roman Reskin Mod / updated 10/19 - Patch 5

Default Re: Roman Reskin Mod / updated 9/20

Deleted.
    Last edited by Quintus Dias; February 20, 2021 at 01:52 AM.

Very very great work.

dom385's Avatar Senator

ohh I really want this mod, would it work if I just went through your faction colour table and just entered the values from the natural dyes mod?
    Last edited by dom385; September 20, 2013 at 04:41 PM.

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by dom385 View Post
    ohh I really want this mod, would it work if I just went through your faction colour table and just entered the values from the natural dyes mod?
    Yes, the only changes I made to faction_uniforms_colours were to the romans, all the other factions are vanilla, so an easier way would be to just change the rom_rome to what I have in my mod in the natural dye's mod, then you could load both mods making sure the natural dye mod loaded after mine to overwrite my file and it should work fine.

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Dias View Post
    Where am I supposed to put the pack file? In the data folder? Please tell me because it hasn't worked for me
    Yes put it in your rome total war 2 data file, use mod manager or look through this post for information on user.script files.

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Yes put the pack file in your rome total war 2 data folder, use mod manager to get it running or look through this post for details on making user.script files.

dom385's Avatar Senator

I tried adding yours to the natural dye one but for some reason it made all the romans have white everything bar a few red shields. So I did the other way round, which despite being more effort does seem to have worked. Apart from for some reason the first cohort now all have white sheilds. Thanks though!

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by dom385 View Post
    I tried adding yours to the natural dye one but for some reason it made all the romans have white everything bar a few red shields. So I did the other way round, which despite being more effort does seem to have worked. Apart from for some reason the first cohort now all have white sheilds. Thanks though!
    Yeah the way CA did the roman sheilds was kind of strange, we get 3 colours to play with, primary, secondary and tertiary.
    CA gave all the romans sheilds 2 colours out of those 3 for some reason even though roman shields were all red, one colour.

All the tunics also got two colours, so I took the path of least resistance and gave all the roman shields one colour, red and used the other two colours for the different shades of white for the tunics.

Default Re: Roman Reskin Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Legionary Titus Pullo View Post
    or you could use a mod manager.
    Not everyone. I've tried using it and have nothing but errors. Judging by the mod manager's thread I'm not the only one. I'd rather do this manually any day.

dom385's Avatar Senator

I do think you made the best decision, in natural dyes it has all red tunics and then red and white shields, which looks odd. Red shield and different shades of white tunics seems best since you get some of the uniformity you would expect from a professional army but it doesn't look clone like and just looks more realistic.

It says there is a conflict with the radious campaign mod. Is this something to worry about?

Downloaded .. extracted .. works great ... except for this guy

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by gilagem View Post
    Downloaded .. extracted .. works great ... except for this guy
    That must be a conflict with another mod, or something you have changed yourself

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

How would I go about making the Roman ships red again? The character's shields on the campaign map too. They're all white, It feels like I'm commanding Carthaginians lol

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    How would I go about making the Roman ships red again? The character's shields on the campaign map too. They're all white, It feels like I'm commanding Carthaginians lol
    I made some progress getting rid of the white shield issue on the campaign map, I think im missing one shield now.

Default Re: Roman Reskin Mod / updated 9/23

Hmmm a little red colour on the tunics here and there would be nice, although I'm with you on the white colour-scheme

Great How about the ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Igor85 View Post
    Hmmm a little red colour on the tunics here and there would be nice, although I'm with you on the white colour-scheme
    I second that.

Also, I'm assuming this isn't compatible with the other big faction colours mod? The other factions look even more colourful with the Romans looking as great as you've made them.

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    Great How about the ships?I second that.Also, I'm assuming this isn't compatible with the other big faction colours mod? The other factions look even more colourful with the Romans looking as great as you've made them.
    It could be compatible if you felt comfortable making some tweaks in packfile manager. In my mod in order to get the 2 shades of wool for the roman tunics I had to use 2 of the 3 color's we can use for the faction color's, the 3rd I had to use to keep the shields red.For some reason CA gave all the roman shields two of the 3 color's available so I had to change that on every shield or you get the white shield issue, all the shields for Rome in my mod use only the Secondary colour.I can try giving some units the red Secondary colour on some of their tunics using a new variant mesh definition, i've been looking into trying to get a model to use an alternate texture but so far I am unable to do it. If I can figure it out then I can make as many color's as I want using new texture files for the tunic model.I'll look into the ships thing I Imagine they are using the Primary colour so it seems if I am able to change that to Secondary like the shields I will.In answer to your question if you make sure that my mod's shield definitions are not overwritten by another mod and you change the faction_uniforms_table for Rome_rome faction to what they are in my mod it should work fine.
    Last edited by Zaskar70; September 23, 2013 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar70 View Post
    It could be compatible if you felt comfortable making some tweaks in packfile manager. In my mod in order to get the 2 shades of wool for the roman tunics I had to use 2 of the 3 color's we can use for the faction color's, the 3rd I had to use to keep the shields red.For some reason CA gave all the roman shields two of the 3 color's available so I had to change that on every shield or you get the white shield issue, all the shields for Rome in my mod use only the Secondary colour.I can try giving some units the red Secondary colour on some of their tunics using a new variant mesh definition, i've been looking into trying to get a model to use an alternate texture but so far I am unable to do it. If I can figure it out then I can make as many color's as I want using new texture files for the tunic model.I'll look into the ships thing I Imagine they are using the Primary colour so it seems if I am able to change that to Secondary like the shields I will.In answer to your question if you make sure that my mod's shield definitions are not overwritten by another mod and you change the faction_uniforms_table for Rome_rome faction to what they are in my mod it should work fine.
    Thank you for the reply
    Great work.

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Ok I was able to get some red back into some of the units, most noticeable on the Hastati, Velite's and Vigils. Still figuring out the ships issue.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast