Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Roman Reskin Mod / updated 10/19 - Patch 5

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Default Roman Reskin Mod / updated 10/19 - Patch 5

I created this mod for myself to get rid of all the red on the romans, all their tunics are now one of two shades of natural marino wool.
    I also added the red cloak to a lot of legionaire units as it was given to them as standard prescription by the state.
    Made some changes to the standard bearer for the praetorian guard, gave him a lion pelt for fun, also gave the praetorian cavalry lorica segmentata and an overhaul as they looked way to generic for me.

Feel free to use any parts of this personal mod for whatever purpose you desire =)

9/17 Fixed an issue with the Roman Civil War, the rebels all had white shields.

9/18 Muted the red even more, more of a muddy red now, Roman officers/centurions now wear off white sagum instead of red.

9/20 Added alternate download site for the mod, also added Legatus only mod. I reskinned the Legatus unit as he was just unsatisfying to me as a General on the battlefield.

9/23 Fixxed the issue with white shields on the campaign map for the most part, still missing one I think.
    Removed the crests from the Legionary unit and gave them 2 helmets instead of four for a more uniform look.
    Revamped the officer for the Praetorian Guard unit, added a white enamaled cuirass and helmet.
    Gave the Legatus unit the same stats as the Praetorian Cavalry unit as it stands to reason the generals body guard unit would be hand picked praetorian cavalry so they couldn't possibly have worse stats it would make no sense if the best of the best suddenly became worse.
    Added some red back into the tunic colours for some of the unit's most noticeable are the Hastati, Velites and Vigils. If you look close some Legionary units also have some red tunics on.

9/24 Complete reskin of both the Praetorian Guard and Praetorian Cavalry units. I made them look like the Praetorians from the movie Gladiator

9/26 Reskin of the Legatus unit AGAIN lol, this one is final.

10/1 Added Signifier shields to standard bearers. Updated to patch 3.

10/5 Added new shield patterns for most unit's - added the famous Dura Europos shield to the Praetorian Officer. Added 2 centurion shields.

10/11 Added a new Cuirass to the Praetorian Officers thanks to Octavian21 from his Kaziel's Roman's Mod.

10/19 Updated to patch 5, slimmed the mod down a LOT now only uses the bits of tables that are needed. This should make it compatible with any other mod that does not change the roman faction colours.

Roman_Reskin_Mod 10/19 - the whole thing all units changed includes the new Legatus.

Legatus_Mod the legatus unit alone, no changes made to other units. updated 10/19

Praetorian_Reskin_Mod : Just the praetorian guard and cavalry units from my main mod. updated 10/19

To instal any of these mods you must extract them into your rome 2 data folder and to activate you must use the new integrated mod manager tool, not the old mod manager.
    No pictures yet for the integrated mod manager but that should be fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zaskar70; October 19, 2013 at 06:46 AM. Reason: update

Default Re: Roman Reskin Mod

I've been waiting for this, nice work. Thanks sailor

screenshots?

Nice work mate wo need too Put it in?

Really very good, thank you.

I cannot download the attachement, the link sends me to a page named " attachement.php (1x1)" ?

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Some screenshots to get the general idea

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by TheNico76 View Post
    Nice work mate wo need too Put it in?
    Extract it to your total war rome 2 data directory and you can use mod manager to activate it. It works with all patches so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar70 View Post
    Extract it to your total war rome 2 data directory and you can use mod manager to activate it. It works with all patches so far.
    Guide to full install for us noobies???

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by rob ferraro View Post
    Guide to full install for us noobies???

Without Mod Manager:

1. Extract the .rar file into "steam/steamapps/common/total war rome II/data" folder

2. Open notepad on your computer and type or copy and paste the following: mod "Roman_Reskin_Mod.pack";

3. Save the notepad document as user.script

4. Navigate to "users/your user name/appdata/roaming/the creative assembly/rome2/scripts" put the user.script you just created into that folder.

5. Play

Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar70 View Post
    Without Mod Manager:

1. Extract the .rar file into "steam/steamapps/common/total war rome II/data" folder

2. Open notepad on your computer and type or copy and paste the following: mod "Roman_Reskin_Mod.pack";

3. Save the notepad document as user.script

4. Navigate to "users/your user name/appdata/roaming/the creative assembly/rome2/scripts" put the user.script you just created into that folder.

5. Play
    Ok tried it didnt work.
    Just to confirm: when i name the script file do i remove the .txt extension?
    Also do i paste it exactly as you have writen it. so i type

mod "Roman_Reskin_Mod.pack";

Sorry for being a dum ass!!

norm link dowland?

alternativ link dowland?

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by rob ferraro View Post
    Ok tried it didnt work.
    Just to confirm: when i name the script file do i remove the .txt extension?
    Also do i paste it exactly as you have writen it. so i type

mod "Roman_Reskin_Mod.pack";

Sorry for being a dum ass!!

Yes exactly as it's written.

No you don't need to change the file extension, the user.script file IS a text file
    If you have more problems you can always download the mod manager, it generates a user.script for you after you put a check mark in the box next to whatever mod you want to load.

or you could use a mod manager.
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Can't d/l keeps sending me to a gif of a small white dot?

Zaskar70's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔ View Post
    Can't d/l keeps sending me to a gif of a small white dot?

Seems to be working fine for me, perhaps TWC was having an issue again.

is there another download link to this file ? all that's happening to me when I press the download link, is that it goes to a page just blank white nothing there nothing loading

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Yah I can't download either

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Nope .. Tried to d/l 50+ times at different times of the day & night, just ain't working for me?
    Can you re-upload it maybe?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast