Thread: Ninja Kitchen System 1500 Watt

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Ninja Kitchen System 1500 Watt

Since I started this show its probably time I posted a review. We might need to add a new category for this one called Kitchen Items or Appliances or some such. You guys can figure that out and then remove this first line if you wish.

As a general rule, I absolutely cannot stand late night TV infomercials. You know the ones I am talking about. Lose Weight! Magic Garden Hose! Get Your Snake Oil Here! The list goes on and on. So a couple of weeks ago when my wife and I came home from dinner and a late movie on her birthday she turned on the tube and started flipping channels, and ran across the infomercial for this thing, and I immediately irritated that she left it running for a few minutes. And then she got into it, and watched the entire damn thing. I went to bed.

The next day she hounded me for about 45 minutes until I broke down and agreed to buy her this thing as a late birthday present. I didn't really want to, but I did it. And I am not disappointed at all, far from it. This is probably the best thing I have bought for the kitchen in several years, and that includes my all time favorite item: my commercial style popcorn popper.

Ninja Mega Kitchen System 1500 Watt

Official Website: Ninja Mega Kitchen System
    Price: $225.48 after shipping and handling
    Alternatives: Amazon has the same item for $219 plus free shipping in the US.

After waiting a few days more than I thought was normal for this to arrive, we unpacked it last Weds night and my wife immediately plugged it in and started throwing stuff in it. Fruits, vegetables, ice cubes, ice cream, even a little rum and other liqueurs. She made so much stuff we ran out of pitchers and similar containers to put it in while the rest of us were taste testing. And I must say that it handled everything she threw at it ad only jammed up once when she put far too many ice cubes in it. Once she cleared a few out it ripped right through that mixture too. Its a bit loud, but its also very fast. Its far faster and more powerful than a traditional blender, I don't think she ever had it running for more than a minute at a time so the noise was negligible. And the product comes out very smooth, even with items like an apple. Just cut it into a few chunks and throw it in, stem, seeds, everything. Throw in a bit of water or even fruit juice and let it go, and you pretty much have an instant fruit smoothy drink. Throw in some ice cubes and you have an instant slushy, or some ice cream and some milk for an instant milk shake.

It comes with a little recipe book and they have a bigger recipe list you can order from their website, but I don't think we did much more than browse through the one that came with it. And the best part is that it comes with two single serving mixing glasses that look sort of like coffee travel mugs. Throw a few items in it, screw on the blade where the lid normally goes, stick it on the base ad 30 seconds later you have a travel mug with a smoothy instead of coffee. Unscrew the blades and screw on the lid and you are out the door. She has been making something with this to take to work with her instead of her usual pot of coffee which she only drinks 2-3 cups of. I am not a coffee fan at all, but she is and she has pretty much quit drinking coffee in the morning and replaced it with a concoction from this machine which has to be far healthier.

And if fresh fruit is a little too expensive or is out of season (fruit is still far cheaper than Starbucks btw), then get the cheaper frozen or canned stuff. Tonight she threw some canned pineapples in with a banana and some apple juice, and a few ice cubes, and it was pure delicious. We have (or had I should say) a habit of running down to the local Sonic 2-3 times a week and getting everyone milkshakes. That habit no longer exists to the detriment of Sonic, but its certainly helped my wallet. When you take 5 or 6 people out for a milkshake you easily end up spending $25-30. Now we make something with this and it costs about $3 and tastes better.

It even comes with a dough mixing bowl and beater, that she used for the first time today to make chocolate chip cookies. And it mixed the dough better than a traditional mixer and only took about 2 minutes. The manual says you can make bread dough with it too and I don't doubt it one bit. We haven't tried making stir fry or anything else in it yet, but I am sure she will get around to it sooner or later.

It comes with a 5 year warranty, and replacement/extra parts are available on the official website or on Amazon and are reasonably priced. Two extra single serving cups are $20 which is about what you would pay for two good travel mugs.

The only downside I have found so far is that its a bit noisier than a normal blender. But considering it does a lot more than a blender and does it faster and better I consider that a fair trade. It even has suction cups for feet to keep it from roaming around the countertop while its running. The motor does produce quite a bit of torque so I imagine the suction cups are needed. Its dishwasher safe, and the parts are all pretty solid so I am not too worried about breaking them. Overall this was a pretty good buy. Good enough to make it my first product review on TWC when I already had several others planned that I just haven't gotten to yet.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ninja Kitchen System 1500 Watt

Added, under a new category called Household Items.

I have seen this advertised before, also late at night (College + essays = a lot of late nights) but I typically never believe this kind of stuff. It's cool that it actually works though.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

You make it sound pretty awesome!

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I am actually pretty impressed with it, which is why it turned into my first review out of about a dozen I need to write.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

We want pictures of you grinning and holding up whatever you are reviewing. Photoshop a lens flare onto your teeth as well.

What reviews will be next?

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Well I just bought this hammer so I can work on the TWC servers...

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

It is not a Kitchen System. It is not a Ninja Kitchen System. It is a Ninja Mega System Kitchen!!
    Great review

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

But... Will it blend?
    Miss me yet?

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

It will.