Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kong Commandments - graphic series: Episode 41-43 released 1st Feb: Final

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Kong Commandments - the TWC graphic series: Episode 11 released 25th November

Where now are my prisoners and my slaves? Where is the captive that was screaming?
    Where is the dwarf and the elf, and the poor hobbit weeping?
    They have passed like moderators on the beach, like a modder trying to flee.
    The chance has gone now into the sea, to capture them and kill!

and this

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    NGUUUUUUUUGIIIIIIII!!!

FREE THE WOMIN AND REPZ FIRST!!

seriuosly
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: The Kong Commandments - the TWC graphic series: Episode 12 released 29th November

Episode 12 out
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 28, 2013 at 05:05 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: The Kong Commandments - the TWC graphic series: Episode 12 released 29th November

LOL!!! EoH's Rome II tactics are no match for the coding master Withwnar!

What about Mank!? Hopefully Withwnar gives him immortal mouse script.

You forgot the OP units we have with Dac, no garrison scripts can resit us :

Now I only have to say : Charge

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Oh poor Mank, better end his miseries the way a ferret ends a mouse's...

I bet rep that poor Mank will end triumphant.

Skald's Avatar Decanus

Funniest episode ever...

Blog Entries

ramming a gate with a ship and the only think they hit is a mouse? man, there must be something wrong with Rome II then...

and now THEY flee.. uff I'll never have my slaves this way

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I hate sieges, I say we sally and rout them!

If not we will at least be remembered forever as the heroes we are

Deyr fé,
    deyja frændr,
    deyr sjálfr et sama;
    en orðstirr
    deyr aldregi,
    hveims sér góðan of getr.

Deyr fé,
    deyja frændr,
    deyr sjálfr et sama;
    ek veit einn,
    at aldri deyr:
    dómr of dauðan hvern.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Waiting for a gigantic wooden mouse horse to mysteriously appear before the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    there must be something wrong with Rome II then...
    In my book this is a serious contender for understatement of the year.
    Last edited by Veteraan; November 30, 2013 at 05:30 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    I hate sieges, I say we sally and rout them!
    ohhhh that's the RIGHT attitude!

Default Re: The Kong Commandments - the TWC graphic series: Episode 13 released 2nd December

Episode 13

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: The Kong Commandments - the TWC graphic series: Episode 13 released 2nd December

Well, our resident lore master speaks and does so quite eloquently I have to say.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Blog Entries

Where now are my prisoners and my slaves? Where is the captive that was screaming?
    Where is the dwarf and the elf, and the poor hobbit weeping?
    They have passed like moderators on the beach, like a modder trying to flee.
    The chance has gone now into the sea, to capture them and kill!

"Thus spoke a forgotten player long ago in TWC,
    recalling how bloody and cruel the Ferrit was,
    who came back from banishment out of the void;
    and there were fell players at his feet,
    and modders, the fathers of the same"

I came all the way from the Mines to kill and avenge my folk. I wish to kill and then go back north

edit: I wonder, will the Wolf join our side? the isengardians looks very much to be happy to kill and burn, don't they?
    an I'm sure the other side will be plenty of tasty players, the evil guys usually taste very bad
    Last edited by Flinn; December 02, 2013 at 07:52 AM.

SF has turned against me!

It`s all Mank`s fault!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

The Fellowship is breaking

Since the Fellowship is breaking, it`s up to the Last Alliance to carry the load?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Well, I heard Dooms are back in fashion.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

The Sicilian Expedition of Athens, this is how it will come to pass;

Nicias is not the only one who is to blame for the ultimate disaster. Some Athenians, including the popular leader Hyperbolus, wanted even bigger things, like an attack on Carthage. For the time being, however, the official plan was to support the allies only, but the unmentioned aim was to conquer the island. The commanders were Lamachus, Nicias, and Alcibiades. In 415, the expedition started.When it arrived on Sicily and the allies started to have doubts, Lamachus proposed to attack Syracuse immediately. According to Thucydides, taking the main city of the island when it was still unprepared, was the best policy. Nicias proposed to support the allies and return home before the display of strength had diplomatically backfired. Alcibiades, the third commander, suggested to find more allies, create a base, and attack Syracuse after this had been achieved.

Lamachus solved the deadlock by joining Alcibiades, and indeed, a base was created at Catana, north of Syracuse. Now, Hermocrates advised his compatriots to create a larger anti-Athenian coalition and ambassadors were sent to Sparta, Corinth, several towns in Italy, yes, even Carthage. Nevertheless, the first year of the Sicilian war had been more successful for the invaders than for the defenders, especially after they had defeated the Syracusans on the bank of the river Anapus.

Still, they had not won the war yet, and the recall of Alcibiades (who was involved in a religious scandal) was a setback. The two remaining commanders decided to sail along the northern shores of Sicily, where they captured a small native town and made money by selling the inhabitants. If there had been sympathy for the Athenians, it was gone after this act of piracy. During the winter of 415/414, Hermocrates convinced several allies of Athens to remain neutral. He also proposed that his compatriots would extend their city's fortifications and reorganize the structure of command. The new system, however, was not a great improvement, and the Athenians started besiege Syracuse.
    During the first fight, Lamachus was killed in action, leaving Nicias in command. He was gouty and did not like the siege. The arrival in Syracuse of a Spartan military adviser, Gylippus, turned the tables.

Although the Athenians received reinforcements, commanded byDemosthenes, they had not sufficient cavalry to deal with the powerful horsemen of their enemies. Besides, Nicias made several severe mistakes during the siege. To make matters worse, in 413, the Spartans declared war upon Athens (the Decelean or Ionian War), which made it impossible to send additional reinforcements. In the end, the expeditionary force was completely destroyed (text), the Athenian prisoners of war were forced to work in the stone quarries until they were dead, Syracuse sided with Sparta and sent ships to the east.

Although Athens was able to continue the war for another nine years, the Sicilian catastrophe contributed to its loss of power. (Another contributing factor was Athenian support for the rebel Amorges, son of Pissuthnes, against the Persian empire, which provoked the Persian king Darius II Nothus and resulted in subsidies for Sparta.) From now on, Athens had to defend itself, and in 404, Athens was forced to surrender. For Sicily, the expedition had no less catastrophic results. The island had become destabilized, and the Carthaginians were able to conquer large parts of it. Syracuse was able to repell them only after it had dismantled its democracy and had surrendered itself to a tyrant, Dionysius.

Originally posted by Thucydides 7.85-87

At last, when many dead now lay piled one upon another in the stream, and part of the army had been destroyed at the river, and the few that escaped from thence cut off by the cavalry, Nicias surrendered himself to Gylippus, whom he trusted more than he did the Syracusans, and told him and the Spartans to do what they liked with him, but to stop the slaughter of the soldiers.
    Gylippus, after this, immediately gave orders to make prisoners; upon which the rest were brought together alive, except a large number secreted by the soldiery, and a party was sent in pursuit of the 300 who had got through the guard during the night, and who were now taken with the rest. The number of the enemy collected as public property was not considerable; but that secreted was very large, and all Sicily was filled with them, no convention having been made in their case as for those taken with Demosthenes. Besides this, a large portion were killed outright, the carnage being very great, and not exceeded by any in this Sicilian war. In the numerous other encounters upon the march, not a few also had fallen. Nevertheless many escaped, some at the moment, others served as slaves, and then ran away subsequently. These found refuge at Catana.
    The Syracusans and their allies now mustered and took up the spoils and as many prisoners as they could, and went back to the city. The rest of theirAthenian and allied captives were deposited in the quarries, this seeming the safest way of keeping them; but Nicias and Demosthenes were butchered, against the will of Gylippus, who thought that it would be the crown of his triumph if he could take the enemy's generals to Sparta. One of them, as it happened, Demosthenes, was one of her greatest enemies, on account of the affair of the island and of Pylos [1]; while the other, Nicias, was for the same reasons one of her greatest friends, owing to his exertions to procure the release of the prisoners by persuading the Athenians to make peace. For these reasons the Spartans felt kindly towards him; and it was in this that Nicias himself mainly confided when he surrendered to Gylippus. But some of the Syracusans who had been in correspondence with him were afraid, it was said, of his being put to the torture and troubling their success by his revelations; others, especially the Corinthians, of his escaping, as he was wealthy, by means of bribes, and living to do them further mischief; and these persuaded the allies and put him to death. This or the like was the cause of the death of a man who, of all the Greeks in my time, least deserved such a fate, seeing that the whole course of his life had been regulated with strict attention to virtue.
    The prisoners in the quarries were at first hardly treated by the Syracusans. Crowded in a narrow hole, without any roof to cover them, the heat of the sun and the stifling closeness of the air tormented them during the day, and then the nights, which came on autumnal and chilly, made them ill by the violence of the change; besides, as they had to do everything in the same place for want of room, and the bodies of those who died of their wounds or from the variation in the temperature, or from similar causes, were left heaped together one upon another, intolerable stenches arose; while hunger and thirst never ceased to afflict them, each man during eight months having only half a pint of water and a pint of grain given him daily. In short, no single suffering to be apprehended by men thrust into such a place was spared them. For some seventy days they thus lived all together, after which all, except the Athenians and any native Sicilians or Italiots who had joined in the expedition, were sold. The total number of prisoners taken it would be difficult to state exactly, but it could not have been less than 7,000.
    This was the greatest Greek achievement of any in this war, or, in my opinion, in Greek history; at once most glorious to the victors, and most calamitous to the conquered. They were beaten at all points and altogether; all that they suffered was great; they were destroyed, as the saying is, with a total destruction, their fleet, their army, everything was destroyed. Few out of many returned.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus