Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Armored Suebi 2.1 [UPDATE]

Default Re: Armored Suebi1.0

What program do you use to edit the armor / appearance of a unit?

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Thracian Nobles got the animations you need to make 2 handers. Also I'd suggest to take inspiration from vendel era Germanic designs rather than Gallic. For diversity and all since gods know there are enough Celtic tribes.

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

Looks great! Do I just drop it into the data folder?

EDIT: Just dropped it into the data folder, works great, thanks again!
    Last edited by hooahguy14; September 16, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

doejoe's Avatar Laetus

No Download - - - is there any other mirror ...twc is not working! thx in advance..and of cource nice work i assume

WOULD ANYBODY BE SO KIND AND UP IT ELSEWHERE? thx

Regarding the posts suggesting the Suebi are to Gallic looking, in vanilla the German units are already equipped with non-
    Germanic equipment such as Gallic bronze helmets as well as Roman helmets, in addition their swords in vanilla are identical to
    the Gallic swords.Historically speaking the Germanic tribes were influenced by the Celtic La Tene culture during the pre-
    Roman iron age (4th - 1st century BC) with swords and armor they produced. They also raided and traded to acquire these as
    well. Vendel style armor would be migration period Germanic armor (400-800 AD) and would be much later than when the
    game starts, though I might be interested in making such a mod and perhaps a Nordic bronze horned helmet. I would like to
    eventually add more unique German styled helmets to the game, but right now since I can't edit the model files I can only edit
    and replace the current textures for existing models. Also thanks for telling me what unit has the animation, I'll look into making a two-handed unit soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidena View Post
    What program do you use to edit the armor / appearance of a unit?
    I used PFM and notepad. There is some tutorials under the modding forum on how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by doejoe View Post
    No Download - - - is there any other mirror ...twc is not working! thx in advance..and of cource nice work i assume

WOULD ANYBODY BE SO KIND AND UP IT ELSEWHERE? thx
    Alternate download site: http://www.mediafire.com/?tgwax42p53oilrc

Here is a couple of pictures for the proposed upcoming two-handed unit, Chosen Axemen. I'm thinking about having them be recruited with the Oak of Teiwaz. Please leave some feedback on what changes you'd like to see to the unit and please Ignore the current unit color.

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Brilliant job with this, it makes the Germanic warriors look more fearsome. I have this combined with Athalwulf's Natural Dyes Mod and it looks fantastic together.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Great Job + rep

Looking forward to your next update. In the meanwhile, would you mind uploading the file that only makes the bloodsworn an axe only unit ?
    It's never too late to panic!

The chosen axemen look bad ass!!! especially the one with wolf helmet, so cool. I love your mode. One quick question though, is it save game compatible?

Will there be an update soon? With you new more elitish units I hope you will reconsider your armours for low german units.

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

Would you consider making a version for Radious's new Suebi units?
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR

Quote Originally Posted by jthewonder View Post
    Looking forward to your next update. In the meanwhile, would you mind uploading the file that only makes the bloodsworn an axe only unit ?
    Possibly .

Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    The chosen axemen look bad ass!!! especially the one with wolf helmet, so cool. I love your mode. One quick question though, is it save game compatible?
    Thank you . I don't see any problems why it wouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor85 View Post
    Will there be an update soon? With you new more elitish units I hope you will reconsider your armours for low german units.
    Soon my friend. Exams have gotten me pretty busy this week ha ha. In my next release I will probably remove the armor for the low class units. Do you think bloodsworn should be as well?

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy14 View Post
    Would you consider making a version for Radious's new Suebi units?
    I was probably going to make my own version of units for the Suebi based on Europa Barbarorum, as suggested.

Also, thanks for the rep everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Prussian Warrior View Post
    Soon my friend. Exams have gotten me pretty busy this week ha ha. In my next release I will probably remove the armor for the low class units. Do you think bloodsworn should be as well?
    I would remove armour from all low lvl units, archers/slingers and most middle units, since it's a matter of fact and historically accurate, that the Germans fought with nearly no armour. You have to consider that Suebians mostly fought in forests and made ambushes, there heavy armour was a disadvantage. Middle-highclass units nonetheless could party wear light leather armour and the absolute elite real armour, especially in late time/game (army recruitment building lvl 4-5). I would concentrate on making their appearance more varied due to different clothes, helmets, etc.

Also can you unlock Wardogs for the Suebians? Really looking forward to your EB-based unit mod. But first good luck in your exams.
    Last edited by Igor85; September 19, 2013 at 03:53 AM.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Great work. I really have no idea why 2 handers and the pikes are not included in the vanilla Suebian unit rooster.

http://www.ancient-battles.com/catw/sweboz.htm

The Spetugadaz specifically.

Where did you get the axes from?
    Last edited by Påsan; September 19, 2013 at 07:00 AM.

i cant't download, alternative link pls

Good job, the units all look brilliant, keep it on!
    For Germanic warriors they wear too much armour, so I wont use your mod although it's really very well done!

Very much needed and appreciated mod, thanks!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast