Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Improved Hoplite Animations & Movable Polybolos [V1.4]

Default Improved Hoplite Animations & Movable Polybolos [V1.4]

Rome II mod for hoplites and polybolos (updated 5/10/13, V1.4), and compatible with latest RTWII Patch beta 4.0 and earlier.

Outdated, here are some newer mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?641247-Improved-animations-and-formations-for-Hoplites-Legionaries-amp-Polybolos

Improved Hoplite Animations
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Movable Polybolos

Installation:
    Place the PACK file within the rar into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data
    This mod is not compatible with other combat mods. Will be compatible with other AI/campaign/graphics mods.

Bugs:
    None

Changes:
    V1.2: Made a new animation fragment for hoplites. Only Hoplites now get the improved spear animation.
    V1.4: Updated to RTW Patch beta 4.0.
    Future:
    Tweak around with spear animations further.

I'll maybe add wheel to polybolos and use a different sound for movement on it? If modding models is possible...

[/spoiler]

Please ask and give credit if you use my mod.

Please let me know if there are any problems/bugs. Feedback is welcome
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Moonhoplite; February 13, 2014 at 07:52 AM.

Default Re: IMPROVED Hoplite/Spear Animations and Movable Polybolos MOD

download link takes me to a blank white page titled "atttachment"

phalanx looks great by the way

Default Re: IMPROVED Hoplite/Spear Animations and Movable Polybolos MOD

Thanks, what's great is that those hoplites appear that way without being in phalanx (since 'hoplite phalanx' appears to be more a of a 'shield wall' defensive ability, rather than for combat).

Yes this happens to me sometimes with other files. ATM I can download my own fine though. Hmmmn.
    Last edited by Moonhoplite; September 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM.

Default Re: Improved Hoplite Animations & Movable Polybolos [V1.0]

hoplites look really nice now in combat.. This should be default for the game...
    hoplite phalanx also seems to be fixed as it's easy to now CRTL+attack enemies, and then form phalanx after a while.

will this be compatible with 2.0 ? Thanks

The hoplites should be hold their spears lower
    Their spears are so high right now, they wouldn't even hit the enemies' bodies

Quote Originally Posted by NeonCrayon View Post
    The hoplites should be hold their spears lower
    Their spears are so high right now, they wouldn't even hit the enemies' bodies
    Are you serious? Read the thread and see the screenshot again. This isn't the attack animation, this is just the natural holding stance. When the individual soldier are in combat, they will have the underarm spear stance.

The point of this mod, is that all soldiers previously held their spears underarm while not in combat, and the spears would stab and clip into each other. This mod changes their idle spear holding to be tilted, which is much more realistic.

Also, units have a variety of attack animations, there's a mix of overarm and underarm attacks not related to spear stances.

Yes this mod is compatible with patch v2.0.

Dies it work for spartan hoplites, heroes of Sparta, royal Spartans and periokoi hoplites too?

Great work man

Default Re: Improved Hoplite Animations & Movable Polybolos [V1.2]

Great improvement... though if you can make it like THIS:

You would be my GOD!

that's amazing now the battles with hoplites last longer and they hold their formation

Such a great mod. The change in the animation is totally sensible and to be quite honest looks so much better than vanilla. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonhoplite View Post
    Are you serious? Read the thread and see the screenshot again. This isn't the attack animation, this is just the natural holding stance. When the individual soldier are in combat, they will have the underarm spear stance.

The point of this mod, is that all soldiers previously held their spears underarm while not in combat, and the spears would stab and clip into each other. This mod changes their idle spear holding to be tilted, which is much more realistic.

Also, units have a variety of attack animations, there's a mix of overarm and underarm attacks not related to spear stances.

Yes this mod is compatible with patch v2.0.
    The front row of hoplites should at least have their spears facing outward

that's amazing now the battles with hoplites last longer and they hold their formation

works with radious mod???

Thanks

Jackal22, most combat animations and mini-duels made by CA feature only underarm spear holding. However, there are still several overarm attack animations, but only having them only would make combat look boring maybe.

NeonCrayon, I understand. The way I see it is that hoplites hold their spears in a very ready and defensive posture (as they are designed as defensive units anyway). Combat is scripted, so when a hoplite is going to attack it will engage in an attack animation that looks fluent and responsive. It all looks very realistic to me.
    Anyway, the animation system of the game doesn't allow certain rows to have specific animations. It would be great if it did though...

I've only made minor changes to hoplite spacings, but I do notice that they last longer and hold formation better (without being too powerful).

killer666, it's only fully compatible to Radious' graphics/campaign/etc mods (not combat). ATM it's very hard for all modders to have cross compatibility, because in this game (unlike naopleon or shogun 2) renaming 'db tables' doesn't work. So the few tables that I've changed will overwrite some of Radious' combat tables.

Excellent work moonhoplite. Do you think you could include a variation of the mod containing only the aesthetic animation change for the hoplites?

Darth the Great's Avatar Foederatus

Seems nice. Ill give a try myself.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

Is it possible to make a version that doesn't conflict with Radious' mods? Love the Hopelite animation fixes.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Incredible! It actually gives some feeling to the Hoplites.

Request: Would it be possible to make a version that applies the changes to Militia Hoplites as well? I ask only because the AI has such a tendency to spam them , and watching hoplites fight other hoplites with this mod is really great.

Is there a way to get ModManager to recognize this?

<<Un collègue; un ami.>>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast