Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: [STIM] Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 4.0] - DOWNLOAD HERE - Updated September 28th 2014

Default Re: Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 2.0] Updated Oct. 21st - Compatible With Patch5!

Hi Sylven:

Yesterday I ran STIM, and was puzzled by the unit size (I know, this is a never ending issue), tried small, and they struck me as way too small; then tried again today with 2.0, medium size, and the units are way too big- 160 for a Hastatii or Principes, etc. I thought one of them was supposed to be historical size (I'm assuming vanilla got that right; if so, that's probably the only thing that they got correct). Please advise.

I'll be more than happy to do a baseline historical iteration for you, or as a sub-mod with my name on it- if I poot the pooch everyone can blame me

Default Re: Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 2.0] Updated Oct. 21st - Compatible With Patch5!

Quote Originally Posted by largejack View Post
    How do you increase the number of units?
    That is easy --> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...al-Here-is-how!

You should try Napoleon with 80 to 100 units per army. Those are awesome clashes. But we're off topic so EOD.... =o)

Oh one piece of advice... 40 or above crashes the game eventually. Hence my use of 35 instead of 40. Napoloeon was stable with 80 though. There's progress for ya!

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by dfeal View Post
    That is easy --> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...al-Here-is-how!

You should try Napoleon with 80 to 100 units per army. Those are awesome clashes. But we're off topic so EOD.... =o)

Oh one piece of advice... 40 or above crashes the game eventually. Hence my use of 35 instead of 40. Napoloeon was stable with 80 though. There's progress for ya!
    Thanks, shall give a try

The nomadic tribes DLC is out Silven (and its free!), will you be updating the mod shortly?

Hi Silven ....is there any chance of optional version with vanilla unit size? I played with bigger units ...and this 2x setup now screwes my performance ..and the only way how to deal with that is to start new campaign with smaller units ...my appologize if this was disscused here before ...donīt want to search every page..thanks

Styles

Use the unit scaler in graphics settings, it doesn't ruin your campaign.

Reading from the comments i think Silven said they didnt add any new units for the Nomadic DLC, so you could still play like normal.

Silven is it just me or it seems cavalry charge dont do much? When i see the charge in slow motion only like 3-4 are sent flying and it just doesnt seem very effective, even from heavy lancers.

Zed, u can beat oathswords with elite shock cav but u need to charge pull them back and charge again, usualy 3 charges are enough to win and u will loose 20-35% of your cav its almost impossible to do with big cav armys on legendary since u cant pause or slow the time but is the way it is, even meele cav works better if u do it.

Zed, ram them from behind

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    @Trajan
    Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I dunno how that whole process is supposed to work, but no one has approached me about it so I haven't given it too much thought.

If you're interested, fill out a mod forum application found here and PM it to Gigantus.

Thanks guys, guess it means i just gotta work on the micro.

Elo, is it possible for a mod to only be half activated? It seems my research time takes 4 turns, (which is like the mod said, so i know its on) but battles seem to be vanilla, units die really fast, and dont hold formation, was anything changed?

Quote Originally Posted by zeddtakashi View Post
    Reading from the comments i think Silven said they didnt add any new units for the Nomadic DLC, so you could still play like normal.
    Really? How about the Saka Cataphracts/Armoured lancers/etc

Libertus

Love the mod! Has anyone else been having an issue with chapter objectives not appearing for the selucids and the nomads. I figure its just a wrinkle with the new factions but if theres a place i can dig into the pack or esf to try and fix any help is helpful. Has anyone else experienced this?

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by mrhappyx666x View Post
    Love the mod! Has anyone else been having an issue with chapter objectives not appearing for the selucids and the nomads. I figure its just a wrinkle with the new factions but if theres a place i can dig into the pack or esf to try and fix any help is helpful. Has anyone else experienced this?
    *sigh*.... responding to bugs caused by other mods is starting to get really old.

If your chapter objectives aren't showing up, then that's a problem caused by an old scripting.lua file. The only mod that alters this to my knowledge, is Splenyi's Campaign Camera. Go update it.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their long-standing support of this mod, as this thread has now cleared 100,000 views!
    I never thought my mod would get this popular.

Version 2.1 is right around the corner, and it has some big new features coming.
    Last edited by Silven; October 23, 2013 at 09:25 AM.

sounds good dude

keep up the good work
    This is my original review for Rome II, posted in October 2013.

Rome II: Totally Casual.

Streamlined features, zero diplomacy, no family tree, lack of character progression, magical transports, complete lack of battle, siege and campaign AI, blob style fighting formations, 3minute battles, magical fire burning torches, zero seasons, 1 turn per year, awful performance on high end systems, monotonous and incredibly tedious campaign,

A year later, sadly, not much has changed.

Silven,

2.0 is great!

Quick note: Playing Seleucid, noticed Royal Peltasts (RP) and Silver Shield Swordsmen (SSS) are functionally equivalent. There are small differences (2 vs. 1 ammo, kopis vs. celto-hellenic sword) and they look different but perform almost identically on the battlefield. Head-to-head basically evenly matched (RP beats SSS by hair). Cost and upkeep are exactly the same.

This seems like kinda a waste of a unit. A couple of ideas on changes to provide a little variation:
    1) RP could be made more like other peltasts - given more ammo and skirmisher ability - to be an ultra-elite heavy skirmisher.
    2) Since RP are recruitable earlier, they could be made more expensive (or SSS cheaper). Then they would be replaced later by cheaper SSS.
    3) Description says SSS fight in "Roman style" so could give SSS pila instead of javelin precursor.
    4) Could obviously increase SSS or decrease RP stats to make SSS superior to RP.

Food for thought. Keep up the good work.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@TheSavage
    Thanks for pointing this out and for your suggestions! I will definitely take a look at them after I release 2.1