Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast

Thread: [STIM] Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 4.0] - DOWNLOAD HERE - Updated September 28th 2014

Default Re: Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 1.7] Updated Oct. 5th - Updated For Beta4!

I really wish to have some fixes:

1. Pikemen please carry pikes.

2. Attacking testudo is really weak; I lose more man than normal attack. I tried with your mod (which promises to improve the special ability). I have remain 130/160 just before the fight after using attacking testudo. However, using normal mode, I have lost only 10 men.

Default Re: Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 1.7] Updated Oct. 5th - Updated For Beta4!

Ok
    I could jot use beta
    back to rome2patch 3
    Still not getting correct patch one 1.7 odd things like flaming arrows from horses and incorrect army like ts
    reinstalled 1.7 still off, back to 1.5
    loving the changes

I'm also encountering problems like flaming javelins and it seems the spacings of my legionaries have been reset to default. I rolled back to 1.6 for patch 3 and the problems are the same. 1.5 was working fine though.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it. I screwed it up with MM
    Last edited by Jackal2233; October 06, 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal2233 View Post
    I'm also encountering problems like flaming javelins and it seems the spacings of my legionaries have been reset to default. I rolled back to 1.6 for patch 3 and the problems are the same. 1.5 was working fine though.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed it. I screwed it up with MM
    Can you elaborate on how you messed up using the Mod Manager, and how you fixed it please? Seems a lot of people aren't installing my mod correctly and can't figure it out.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@Switz
    Nice man, I like the banner!

@pajomife
    I may have to remove the formation trait from all the units that have it, because this rotating problem is being reported more and more, and there is no way for me to fix it short of removing the trait.
    This would of course mean that you would no long see perfectly straight lines in combat out of the roman/greek units and the like, but its the only way to fix the problem until CA addresses it.

@88hazzard88
    Read my OP under the Recommendations header.

@Shlyxie
    Expanding the unit rosters of the all the factions is a long-term project that is already underway.
    I'm not entirely certain I like the idea of giving all the Greek Factions complete access to the entire Roman Aux roster though, seems a bit unrealistic.

@Gaios
    Just sounds like bad luck. I've had it happen to me a few times. But it also seems a bit realistic. There's nothing to say that charging your generals unit into combat isn't going to keep your General from being the first one to die. Doing this should rightly be a risk.

@freeboy
    If you still see Rapid Reload, then either you havn't installed my mod correctly, or you're using an Additional Units Mod that has given the new units abilities.

@FEARLESS
    Mod Manager loads up my mod just fine for me.

@Raum ul Amon
    The reason you see blank tables here is because you havn't downloaded the updated schemata. This is also one of the reasons all the modders had to update all their mods for Beta4. Update your schemata, and you'll see the new tables that we all had to work with to get the mods working again.

Foederatus

First of all, great mod! It really improves my games. Which table relates to the formation trait? I think I'll try to remove it and see what happens as I also have this rotating problem.
    "War is a matter of vital importance to the state; a matter of life or death, the road either to survival or to ruin. Hence, it is imperative that it be studied thoroughly." - Sun Tzu

Very simple screwup really; I selected the mod but launched it through steam instead of through MM, it seems MM won't enable mods that you've selected unless you launch it through MM - at least the first time. Your instructions are fine in the readme, but idiots like me may need a little BOLD writing on "click the launch button"

I also have it last on load order

I was wondering why everything seemed so vanilla lol!
    Last edited by Jackal2233; October 06, 2013 at 05:36 AM.

any chance of a version which has x2 unit sizes?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

My MM loads of the mod just fine, and I'm launching Rome via MM, but I dont see any in-game differences. Anyone else encountered this?

My general is almost always the first to fall when his unit takes casualties. It's not luck, it can't be. Whenever the general falls, i just quit and reload the battle to try again, but he always dies again immediately.

For example, just now, I was attacking Athens with a 20 unit army. I started off with my hoplites burning the gate. I moved in the rest of my units, the general fell before even reaching the gate. This happened twice.

I'm using patch 4 with STIM 1.7, 2tpy and Os' Greek textures v5 and spartans revisited_v4, but the same happens with non-greek factions.

Quote Originally Posted by klfd4 View Post
    My general is almost always the first to fall when his unit takes casualties. It's not luck, it can't be. Whenever the general falls, i just quit and reload the battle to try again, but he always dies again immediately.

For example, just now, I was attacking Athens with a 20 unit army. I started off with my hoplites burning the gate. I moved in the rest of my units, the general fell before even reaching the gate. This happened twice.

I'm using patch 4 with STIM 1.7, 2tpy and Os' Greek textures v5 and spartans revisited_v4, but the same happens with non-greek factions.
    I've noticed this. Pretty much every battle, my general normally dies and it's not like I take big risks with my general either. Not sure if it's due to this mod, or it's like this in vanilla. Didn't notice it before patch 4 though.
    Would be good if you could buff generals a bit.

Irish guy's Avatar Semisalis

I was just messing around Seleucid Cataphracts and Companion Cavalry. They are not even able to charge down low tier Etruscan swordsmen....

For "super heavy" shock cavalry they aren't very shocking.

Using 1.7

Mods I use:
    Europa Barbarorum.
    Stainless Steel.
    Third Age Total War.
    Darth Mod (S2TW)
    Radious (Attilla)

Steam Profile: Sir Killsalot

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

@Balbor
    Not likely. It simply causes too many pathfinding issues and bugs.

@Esbenrosenkilde
    If you're using the correct version based on which CA patch you're using, and you've ticked the mod on in the Mod Manager, and you're pressing the Launch Button in the Mod Manager, then I truly have no idea why you're not seeing changes. There's gotta be something you're missing.

@klfd4 and Durus
    Well like I said, it seems plausable that any General could simply get unlucky in the heat of battle. But as far as this mod is concerned, I've done nothing to alter the likelihood of the general dying, so if you're truly convinced they are dying more frequently than before than its something CA's Beta4 did. All I can say is keep your general out of combat.

@Irish Guy
    Was your cav flanking them? Were they in combat with another unit? Were they using any formations? Many factors go into the effectiveness of charging cav. Personally I find heavy shock cav pretty devastating when used correctly.

Great job Silven I honestly think it is the best mod out there, you have changed things I would change. The only issue I have is the diplomacy nobody wants to trade with me (playing as carthage 50+ turn) and almost every faction is at war with me. I didn't experienced this with patch 3 so I think CA has changed it in patch 4. Could you fix this or is it beyond your ability?

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

-----VERSION 1.71 HAS BEEN RELEASED!!-----

This release is save-game compatible with Version 1.7, and Version 1.7 ONLY. As before, it REQUIRES that you are using the optional CA Patch Beta4.

-Solved The Issue of Rotating, Flank-Exposing Units.
    As I mentioned before, the only way to solve this right now is by removing the "Formation Attack" attribute from the professional-grade units that generally possessed it. This means that units will spread out and attack-at-will in the way that barbarian units do. This is a bit unfortunate, but honestly its the lesser of 2 evils. If CA should ever solve the rotation nonsense, this attribute will be returned.
    -Melee Hit Chance Halved Again, Resulting in 25% the hit chance of Vanilla.
    One of the by-products of removing the Formation Attack attribute, is that because units are much more attack-at-will and nearly all men are engaged in a melee at all times instead of only the front rank, men die MUCH faster. In a way, this actually balances these "professional" grade units in the face of other barbarian and unprofessional units. But men were dying at a rate comparable to original Vanilla values, even with my previous reductions! So as a result, Melee Hit Chances were again cut in half, and the time you have to make tactical decisions should remain the same, if not give you more time.
    -Trade Agreement Probabilities Increased.
    This change is entirely experimental. I need feedback on this one after you've played a campaign for a while. I found that the values for "Unfriendly, Neutral, Friendly, Very Friendly, Best Friends" were all nearly exactly the same, with all the probabilities in the negatives. I've made things scale in a more intuitive manner. But the exact meaning of these numbers can't be known without extensive testing, which obviously takes a lot of time for a campaign map change like this. So again, I really need feedback on the effectiveness of this.
    -Introduced Unit Caps for the Best-of-the-Best Elite Units.
    I took into account units with the very highest morale, very high attack and defence values, use of elite weapons, belonging to a faction with a large roster, high recruitment costs, high upkeep costs, exceptionally special individuals, etc etc; and came up with a list of elite units that will now have a 20 unit recruitment cap. That's 1 for every army when you have MAX imperium, OR an entire army made of nothing but the unit in question. These units are special, you shouldn't have access to more than this, nor should you need it. The benefits of this change obviously apply to the AI as well.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Units With Recruitment Cap Set To 20

Afr_Elephants
    Afr_Numidian_Noble_Cav
    Afr_War_Elephants
    Aux_Afr_Elephants
    Aux_Ind_War_Elephant
    Gre_Aspis_Companion_Cav
    Gre_Hellenic_Cataphracts
    Gre_Heroes_Sparta
    Gre_Royal_Cav
    Gre_Royal_Guard
    Ind_Armour_Elephants
    Ind_War_Elephants
    Ita_Noble_Cav
    Mer_Afr_Elephants
    Mer_Ind_War_Elephants
    Rom_Praetorian_Cav
    Rom_Praetorians
    Thr_Nobles

Units With Recruitment Cap Set To 10

Gre_Royal_Spartans
    Rom_Praetorian_Guard
    -Lowered Melee Attack of units set by Beta4 to be above 60.
    -Increased all Shield Defence values by 5.
    -Removed Graphical Debuff Icon shown when under fire by flaming projectiles.
    A remnant of the morale debuff that Beta4 tried to implement. As mentioned in 1.7, I got rid of this morale debuff, but forgot to get rid of the GUI effect. This has been corrected.
    -Minor Adjustments to missile damages.
    Slight decrease to high-end slingers, slight increase to low-end archers. Slight increase to fire arrows.
    Last edited by Silven; October 07, 2013 at 03:26 AM.

Default Re: Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 1.71] Updated Oct. 6th - No More Rotating Units!

I dl mod and copied and pasted 1.7 no idea why I would need mid manager to do this but somehow using cut and paste caused mod to error, no other unit mod, only 2tpy
    ill check soon with mod manager to confirm that using it removes error
    thanks
    I spent 15 frustrated against republic senator revolts, backed up, built up fleets and troops. So that's my answer to ? On avoiding civil war... Didn't help that my armies where depleted and fleets non existent.
    Ok
    will test and report back

Default Re: Silven Total Improvement Mod [Version 1.71] Updated Oct. 6th - No More Rotating Units!

I started a campaign as Rome, finally. For some reason, I think the units are too fast and with really bad behavior than in previous patches... Looks like I'm controlling a bunch of ants. I'm the only one with this impression?

Goin to test the 1.71 and see if this behavior changes a bit...

Irish guy's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    @Balbor @Irish Guy Was your cav flanking them? Were they in combat with another unit? Were they using any formations? Many factors go into the effectiveness of charging cav. Personally I find heavy shock cav pretty devastating when used correctly.
    It was a simple 1v1 to test charging. Obviously flanking will be more effective, but there is no way a basic sword unit should be able to withstand a cataphract charge regardless of whether or not they are prepared.

Mods I use:
    Europa Barbarorum.
    Stainless Steel.
    Third Age Total War.
    Darth Mod (S2TW)
    Radious (Attilla)

Steam Profile: Sir Killsalot

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by freeboy View Post
    I dl mod and copied and pasted 1.7 no idea why I would need mid manager to do this but somehow using cut and paste caused mod to error, no other unit mod, only 2tpy
    ill check soon with mod manager to confirm that using it removes error
    thanks
    I spent 15 frustrated against republic senator revolts, backed up, built up fleets and troops. So that's my answer to ? On avoiding civil war... Didn't help that my armies where depleted and fleets non existent.
    Ok
    will test and report back
    Freeboy, you really need to try and format your posts or check your spelling or something, because I can hardly understand what you are trying to say.

You absolutely need Mod Manager to use this mod. If you don't use it as described in the readme, the mod won't work. It's that simple.

@Vinicam
    I havn't changed movement speeds since 1.3. Read the installation and usage instructions included in the readme and make sure you've installed and launched everything correctly.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Irish guy View Post
    It was a simple 1v1 to test charging. Obviously flanking will be more effective, but there is no way a basic sword unit should be able to withstand a cataphract charge regardless of whether or not they are prepared.
    I just tested Companion Cav against Socii Hastati (not sure how you tested against Etruscan Units?) in a 1-on-1 frontal charge and my cav decimated and routed the unit in 3 charges. The cav unit only sustained 3 deaths. Not sure how you're getting poor results in this situation.

Also if you're using Seleucid Cataphracts, then those are coming from some mod that isnt mine because I havnt added these units, and their stats wont be balanced to work with my changes.
    Last edited by Silven; October 06, 2013 at 04:51 PM.