View Poll Results: Unit Prefix you choose to keep or change it!

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mercenary (Current Prefix of units in Mod)

9 28.13%
  • Allied (What i think of them as)

15 46.88%
  • Auxiliary (What the Roman Equivalents are called in vanilla game)

6 18.75%
  • Subjugated (what i also think of them as)

2 6.25%
  • Other (Comment and state what you want them to be called)

0 0%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Improved Mercenary Camps v2.7 [Roman Auxiliary System and more moved to Mercenary Camps][WorkShop Ready]

Default Re: Improved Mercenary Camp v1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Ecthelion View Post
    Good news Regoso,

Another modder pointed out to me how to make units region specific.

Within the db folder there is the file called "main_units". The second to last column is where the magic happens. Scroll down in the list and you will see that the Roman Auxiliary units all have their own unique values in this column dictating where they can be recruited. So rather than by province, it's by Roman auxiliary recruitment region. Which is... an interesting take on things, but it does make things easier as you don't have to pick the individual provinces. Notice that they have one for Hellas and another for Hellenic. Obviously, Hellas is restricted to that province alone whereas Hellenic encompasses that entire region including Asia and Magna Graecia.

I will play with this for a while working off your mod and my own reduced merc upkeep values to see what I can come up with
    This is a HUGE Discovery for this mod and an even BIGGER one for the HUGE mod im working on. The implications are staggering. You might not have realised what you've stubbled across. Because if you do then you eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed like i did just now like a fan girl seeing there idol. ( i hope no one was around to hear it if so and if they did then haters going to hate because this is AWESOME )

Quote Originally Posted by auboy View Post
    What and where are the changes in 1.4?
    i tryed to fix it to show the changes better

Default Re: Improved Mercenary Camps v2.0 [Roman Aux system moved to Mercenary Camps]

v2.0 Is live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLTZctTG6cE

this is the emotion i am feeling atm and the one you should also be feelings
    Last edited by Regoso; September 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM.

Default Re: Improved Mercenary Camps v2.0 [Roman Aux system moved to Mercenary Camps]

Great idea!
    Will you be doing this for Carthage, Massalia, Cimmeria, Sardes?

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirTW View Post
    Great idea!
    Carthage is already in =D

Quote Originally Posted by VladimirTW View Post
    Great idea!
    dble post sorry

The entire Roman Aux System to the Mercenary Camps
    what does this mean? can you give us some screens?

Quote Originally Posted by elor70 View Post
    The entire Roman Aux System to the Mercenary Camps
    what does this mean? can you give us some screens?
    Theirs not much to take pics of it takes the Units that the Romans Get for Auxiliaries and gives them to Athens,Carthage,Eprius,Macedon,Egypt,Seleucids and Sparta with the region restrictions and Mercenary Camps (the Tier 4 Aux Barracks) is were you can recruit all thos units if your in the right region........... ill try and think up a way to explain it better as screen shots aren't going to do it Justice.

Edit:If anyone wants to help me out explaining it or taking some pics because i cant think of any way to do it with out confusing people even more.
    Last edited by Regoso; September 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Default Re: Improved Mercenary Camps v2.0 [Roman Auxiliary System moved to Mercenary Camps]

I cannot save Version 2 in the Mod Manger to be activated and when I put in a certain position of my loading order, it resets its position to be the last on the list again and not be activated. It worked perfectly fine with Version 1.4 and below.

Quote Originally Posted by Regoso View Post
    Theirs not much to take pics of it takes the Units that the Romans Get for Auxiliaries and gives them to Athens,Carthage,Eprius,Macedon,Egypt,Seleucids and Sparta with the region restrictions and Mercenary Camps (the Tier 4 Aux Barracks) is were you can recruit all thos units if your in the right region........... ill try and think up a way to explain it better as screen shots aren't going to do it Justice.

Edit:If anyone wants to help me out explaining it or taking some pics because i cant think of any way to do it with out confusing people even more.
    I think i got the idea... i tried this mod in my sparta campaign,didn't see any auxiliary units in the mercenary camp,i control most of the map if it helps

Default Re: Improved Mercenary Camps v2.0 [Roman Auxiliary System moved to Mercenary Camps]

Quote Originally Posted by BigEl_nobody View Post
    I cannot save Version 2 in the Mod Manger to be activated and when I put in a certain position of my loading order, it resets its position to be the last on the list again and not be activated. It worked perfectly fine with Version 1.4 and below.
    that is odd its working just fine on my end

ill do some digging

I think i got the idea... i tried this mod in my sparta campaign,didn't see any auxiliary units in the mercenary camp,i control most of the map if it helps
    ill investigate ill update this post if i find anything what region is it btw

are you sure its the tier 4 building

update its working for me at sparta the units well have mercenary in front of there names might change it back to Auxiliary so ppl dont get confused
    Last edited by Regoso; September 25, 2013 at 01:36 PM.

Can u post what regions give you what kind of troops? Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Hercules18 View Post
    Can u post what regions give you what kind of troops? Great job!
    ill try to once i figure out some of these problem ppl are having

altho some of the info in the PFM is very vague ill probly just copy\paste that and then edit it properly later

ill investigate ill update this post if i find anything what region is it btw

are you sure its the tier 4 building

update its working for me at sparta the units well have mercenary in front of there names might change it back to Auxiliary so ppl dont get confused
    Yes its its the tier 4 builiding,on existing save,i control most of the map and the only new units i see is Rhodian slingers,Syrian archers and some others.

Yes its its the tier 4 builiding,on existing save,i control most of the map and the only new units i see is Rhodian slingers,Syrian archers and some others.
    it well only allow you to recruit units that can normaly be bought via the "Hire Mercenaries" tab in that province only there in the "Recruit Units" tab.

example:

you can only recruit Mercenary Cretan archers in the Macedon Aisa Hellas provinces( i might be leaving a few out or put to many (hellas for sure tho)
    Last edited by Regoso; September 25, 2013 at 02:34 PM.

Sounds very good. Luckily I have about 95 regions in my Macedon playthrough right now and have plenty of space to test though I don't currently have many Mec camps build. I'll test it this evening or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterspawn View Post
    Sounds very good. Luckily I have about 95 regions in my Macedon playthrough right now and have plenty of space to test though I don't currently have many Mec camps build. I'll test it this evening or tomorrow.
    that would be most welcome i havnt REALLY PLAYED the game in like 13 days i only go far enuf in to see if units show up and the nget back to modding.

I have the same problem with the mod manager where it acts all weird. The game also crashes for me right after when I load a save game during the loading screen. I did notice Steam downloaded something for the Rome 2 patch 3 beta version today and I do use other mods as well so I'll see which one of those things is causing the crashes. I'll report back later.

PS. Play the game fur realz instead of just modding it. That way you yourself can see some things you would like to see improved as well.

edit: It's not your mod that's causing the crash.
    Last edited by Winterspawn; September 25, 2013 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterspawn View Post
    I have the same problem with the mod manager where it acts all weird. The game also crashes for me right after when I load a save game during the loading screen. I did notice Steam downloaded something for the Rome 2 patch 3 beta version today and I do use other mods as well so I'll see which one of those things is causing the crashes. I'll report back later.

PS. Play the game fur realz instead of just modding it. That way you yourself can see some things you would like to see improved as well.

edit: It's not your mod that's causing the crash.
    BLAH dang it i have no idea why it would be messing with the Mod Manager this is very frustrating what version of the Mod Manager are yall useing btw.

Edit: hmm maybe its the 2.0.pack at the end i normally do 2_0.pack but i was tired and didnt pay it any mind as 1.1.pack worked
    Last edited by Regoso; September 25, 2013 at 03:11 PM.

BLAH dang it i have no idea why it would be messing with the Mod Manager this is very frustrating what version of the Mod Manager are yall useing btw.
    1.0 since I don't think it's been updated yet.

Also I'm now trying to see if the game loads my save without any mods or else if it will start a new game but not load my save which would mean my Rome II total war 1.0 version save would be save game incompatible with the latest patch.

edit: I'm almost sure now it has something to do with the update steam downloaded today since I've tried starting a new game and it's been almost don't loading for almost 10 minutes now without the game crashing. I'll continue to wait a bit longer or otherwise I will opt out of the beta patch and try to get everything working with patch 2 again.

edit:edit: As I typed my last edit the game finally finished loading so I can start new games. However, after having that confirmed I tried to load my Macedon save game and it crashed at the same point shortly after starting to load. This was both without any mods so it's today's update for the 3.0 patch that's incompatible with my save. I'm now going to revert back to patch 2.
    Last edited by Winterspawn; September 25, 2013 at 03:31 PM.